• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"no religion, it usually means no atheism as well"

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
What about the faith in the Stuff that causes us to exist ?
And the reasons for the Stuff to be here at all.
I for one....love all that Stuff, sans `gods` and that stuff.
No `gods` needed, I somewhat agree, but honor the Stuff.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
hey Paarsurrey ,
I've never seen you answer a question directly.
Soooo...it seems to be silly to attempt to have a meaningful conversation with you.
Soooo...I will stop, good will and good luck ..right, please
I cannot write poetry as you do on every topic with ease.
Regards

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Paarsurrey,
I don't write poetry, maybe sometimes what I write seems to be closely related to the subjects that are in connection with the thread that I am relating to. I feel that the similar relationships escape your understanding of what I am trying to present to you. Maybe a lack of meaning between you're meanings and mine. I'll try to escape that situation in the future. Regards

ecco

Veteran Member
paar4_zpsnto2ictv.png
In your tag line you have a lot of religious symbols.

Which one is the religious symbol for atheism?

ecco

Veteran Member
We see here so often an assertion from Atheism people that it is not a religion. Isn't one wrong here, please?
In your tag line you have a lot of religious symbols.
Which one is the religious symbol for atheism?
Has Atheism a religious symbol, please?
Regards
Duh!

Your own tag line has symbols for all major religions.

In your own tag line of religious symbols, there is no symbol for atheism.

So why did you post this thread?

All you had to do was look at, and understand, your own tag line for the answer.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
A disservice ?? To service something would be to worship something, wouldn't it ?
Wouldn't disserving something be an insult to the religion ?
Something about this thinking seems foriegn to my thinking.
Splain it to me !
Seems to me that the disservice would be to the lack of a religion in atheism,
as atheism doesn't need to practice any `religion` at all, no worship to any `gods` there ! Maybe it's Paars' way of twisting words out of acceptable meaning, maybe it's mine !

scott777

Atheism is not a 'kind of faith', and doesn't require 'exceptional evidence', unless you think you can have faith in nothing, or in the absence of something, which doesn't make sense to me. To say atheism is a belief isn't really accurate since my atheism simply means to me that there is nothing to believe in.... no gods or goddesses, no angels or tooth fairies or trolls......
I specifically said the definition is ambiguous. IF you take the definition as "specifically the position that there are no deities" - Atheism - Wikipedia then it is defined as a belief. So you need to define it first.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Atheism is not a 'kind of faith', and doesn't require 'exceptional evidence', unless you think you can have faith in nothing, or in the absence of something, which doesn't make sense to me. To say atheism is a belief isn't really accurate since my atheism simply means to me that there is nothing to believe in.... no gods or goddesses, no angels or tooth fairies or trolls......
and or no Atheism also? Or it is an exception, relaxation enjoyed by the Atheism people requiring no evidence, may be just ignorance is sufficient for Atheism, and nothing more is required?!
I could be wrong, so please fell free to correct me. Right, please?
Regards

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
and or no Atheism also? Or it is an exception, relaxation enjoyed by the Atheism people requiring no evidence, may be just ignorance is sufficient for Atheism, and nothing more is required?!
Regards
"No atheism either" as an idea reminds me of an old joke about a politician who had an impartial position. Equally distant from the left wing, the right wing... and the center.

Atheism _is_ an exception, because it has no positive declaration.

But the words you use are all over the place. I fear that you have little in the way of functional understanding of even the basics of atheism.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
But the words you use are all over the place. I fear that you have little in the way of functional understanding of even the basics of atheism.

Doesn't help that there is a lot of variety, and various uses of the word. If you're looking for a single simple definition to memorize, (and I suspect that's what Paar wants) it's not there.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
While we all argue back and forth about the lack of beliefs in `gods`,
the bush that we revolved around has died, what circle is next ?
Want to circle that big old oak next, maybe about Jesus or The Ghost ?

Milton Platt

We see here so often an assertion from Atheism people that it is not a religion. Isn't one wrong here, please?

Regards

Post #27

No, not really, unless you really torture the definition of religion. "None" means no religious beliefs. That would be an atheist.

How is it that you cannot understand what people are posting?

corynski

Reality First!
Premium Member
Regards
Yes, you're wrong....... and your statement highly misleading. It isn't about 'relaxation enjoyed', or' ignorance being sufficient', it's about perception and acceptance of reality. My reality doesn't contain any gods or supernatural beings because I've had no experience or knowledge of such..... simple as that. You're making the assumption first that something other than reality exists..... I have searched and not found it, perhaps you have and that is fine with me. The gods won't show up, if you've noticed. They may say they will, but they haven't.....

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Woow....do the `gods` really, really say anything, they do talk ???
Naaaah...I don't really believe them, no matter what they will say.
hey Cory...a star for that one !

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:

Regards

Post #27

No, not really, unless you really torture the definition of religion. "None" means no religious beliefs. That would be an atheist.

How is it that you cannot understand what people are posting?
One may like to read Post #27 and the post I responded to, the poster states that he belonged to Atheism and then he became believer of a religion, please.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Yes, you're wrong....... and your statement highly misleading. It isn't about 'relaxation enjoyed', or' ignorance being sufficient', it's about perception and acceptance of reality. My reality doesn't contain any gods or supernatural beings because I've had no experience or knowledge of such..... simple as that. You're making the assumption first that something other than reality exists..... I have searched and not found it, perhaps you have and that is fine with me. The gods won't show up, if you've noticed. They may say they will, but they haven't.....

My reality is same way different from one's.
I have also searched, and I do not find any appeal in Atheism, they have never come up with any evidences that supports Atheism and the like.

Sorry, I don't find any good reason that they be given exception and or relaxation that they did not allow to the believers to start with.
I could be wrong, but that is what I believe sincerely.
Regards

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
My reality is same way different from one's.
I have also searched, and I do not find any appeal in Atheism, they have never come up with any evidences that supports Atheism and the like.

Sorry, I don't find any good reason that they be given exception and or relaxation that they did not allow to the believers to start with.
I could be wrong, but that is what I believe sincerely.
Regards

So then what happens to your 'Love for All, Hatred for None'? Are atheists part of that All, or not?