• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Rapture, No Millennium Kingdom

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My personal opinion. Let us discuss.

Dear friends, according to Holy Fathers of Eastern Orthodox Church,
there will be no rapture at all, and no 1000 years of Christ ruling from Jerusalem.
There will be 3 and half years of Antichrist and then the Judgement Day, without the Millennium thing.

Yes, there are Rapture and Millennium in the Bible.
But because my Church has not agreed, the God has agreed with my Church.
I've always had a soft spot for the Rapture ─ a kind God relieving the earth of a whole raft of dingbats in one great swoop...

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
I know what does my Church teach. That is why abortion is crime: baby is not baptized.

Ok, well, I used to be an Orthodox catechumen. The priest gave me two books written by other Orthodox clergymen to read. Additionally, he and another priest personally explained things to me. What I heard from them, read in books, and read about elsewhere was all consistent.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Water!! Water of baptism. Real, literal water. Where is holy water in womb?

The Church Fathers taught that John 3.5 is about the real, literal water of baptism, yes. However, is it for the forgiveness of Original Sin in babies (a Western belief), or is it for being clothed in Christ and made a member of his body (an Eastern belief)?

questfortruth

The Church Fathers taught that John 3.5 is about the real, literal water of baptism, yes. However, is it for the forgiveness of Original Sin in babies (a Western belief), or is it for being clothed in Christ and made a member of his body (an Eastern belief)?
It seems that the real knowledge of religions is the top secret. My Church believes that children are in slavery of evil spirit, so they have to be baptized.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I've always had a soft spot for the Rapture ─ a kind God relieving the earth of a whole raft of dingbats in one great swoop...
Can you imagine?

Afterwards...

Peace on earth, goodwill to men.

Bye bye dingbats. Heh heh...

InChrist

Free4ever
Children have Original Sin and other sins.
Yes, children are sinful, nevertheless they are not accountable until they reach the age or point of understanding their sinful nature and need for repentance, forgiveness and the Savior. Remember Jesus said,
“Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”
Matthew 19:14

InChrist

Free4ever
From what I understand, the term secret rapture indicates that the pre-tribulation rapture of dispensationalism does not involve an appearance of Jesus that would be noticed by the whole world. First Thessalonians 4.15-17 is thought to refer to that rapture.

When I read 1 Thessalonians 4.15-17, I notice that Jesus 'will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God' (NKJV). To me, that sounds like a visible and very noisy appearance. The whole world would have to be aware of it.

That would be noticeable, yeah.
It does seem like it would be noticeable. The scriptures don’t indicate one way or another whether the whole world hears the trumpet and shout or only believers in Christ. I think it’s likely that all hear something loud and noticeable, but only believers comprehend what they are hearing. Others will be aware something dramatic happened, but won’t be sure what it was. Just my thoughts.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The early Church rejected the idea of a millennial reign of Christ as a future event because that concept doesn't show up anywhere other than the Book of Revelation. Instead, they tended to believe that it probably referred to Christ's Kingdom actually being created when he was alive with it therefore being ongoing. In ancient Hebrew usage, 1000 was the highest number unless one used additional terminology, and it was symbolic for meaning large amounts.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Apostle Paul, and the Revelation of John.
Kindly quote what did Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah say about it, please. Right?
Why not focus on Yeshua and follow the Hellenist-Paul, his Hellenist Associates and the Hellenist Pauline-Church (of dying and rising deity), please? Right?

Regards

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

there will be no rapture at all, and no 1000 years of Christ ruling from Jerusalem.
There will be 3 and half years of Antichrist and then the Judgement Day, without the Millennium thing.

Catholicism, Orthodoxy, Anglicanism and mainline Protestantism all do not teach a literal millennial view or a pre-tribulation rapture. That's an American evangelical thing that has spread since the 19th century, I believe.

Five Solas

The Orthodox church, RCC and Reformed (Presbyterian) churches hold to amillennialism. This rejects the idea of the millennial reign. Reformed amillennialism teaches increasing lawlessness in the world, apostasy from the truth and great tribulation for all those who believe in God and keep His commandments. To such a world, thus fully developed in sin, will Christ return.