• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Rapture, No Millennium Kingdom

questfortruth

My personal opinion. Let us discuss.

Dear friends, according to Holy Fathers of Eastern Orthodox Church,
there will be no rapture at all, and no 1000 years of Christ ruling from Jerusalem.
There will be 3 and half years of Antichrist and then the Judgement Day, without the Millennium thing.

Yes, there are Rapture and Millennium in the Bible.
But because my Church has not agreed, the God has agreed with my Church.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
there will be no rapture at all, and no 1000 years of Christ ruling from Jerusalem.
There will be 3 and half years of Antichrist and then the Judgement Day, without the Millennium thing.

Does "your church" deside what God have to do?

Suave

Simulated character

I agree with your Church, because if the rapture were to actually occur, then planes with an all-Christian flight crew would be left pilotless resulting in wrecks killing non-believers before they'd have a chance to accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior in contrast to those left behind realizing the Rapture occurred convincing them to accept Jesus Christ's Salvation.

The song Rapture by Debbie Harry (aka Blondie) popularized rap music in 1979.

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
Without sending me a link to another article, please answer this question, is ‘the rapture’ a secret rapture?
What do you mean “secret rapture”?
I believe the rapture will come at an unexpected time... no one knows the day or the hour (Matthew 24:36; Mark 13:32), but once it occurs it certainly will not be a secret when people are missing around the world, including all children. Although, it will likely be explained away with alternative reasons by world leaders.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
What do you mean “secret rapture”?

From what I understand, the term secret rapture indicates that the pre-tribulation rapture of dispensationalism does not involve an appearance of Jesus that would be noticed by the whole world. First Thessalonians 4.15-17 is thought to refer to that rapture.

When I read 1 Thessalonians 4.15-17, I notice that Jesus 'will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God' (NKJV). To me, that sounds like a visible and very noisy appearance. The whole world would have to be aware of it.

once it occurs it certainly will not be a secret when people are missing around the world, including all children.

That would be noticeable, yeah.

it will likely be explained away with alternative reasons by world leaders

I can hear them saying, 'Extraterrestrials have abducted our children.'

Children have Original Sin and other sins.

You sound less Eastern Orthodox in every thread that you post. From what I recall, Eastern Orthodox Christianity teaches the concept of Ancestral Sin: Adam's failure to obey God resulted in a human nature that is mortal and consequently inclined toward sin. Infants inherit that human nature, not guilt. For this reason, Eastern Orthodox Christianity does not teach that infants go to hell upon death. Considering that @InChrist believes that all children will be raptured, I think she might believe in the doctrine of Ancestral Sin rather than Original Sin.