• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No More Face Masks...

InChrist

Free4ever
I wore a mask for ~6 hours straight today. I did not suffer from either anoxia or CO2 poisoning.

Spreading a disease to friends, family and the general public is, in my opinion, not pro life.

Good for you. Nevertheless, a lot of people do suffer with respiratory problems from breathing their exhaled carbon dioxide repeatedly. I’m not opposed to masks in certain situations, but their are alternative ways to avoid spreading illnesses to others. For some people to come across as they are the only caring ones or that wearing a mask is a guarantee against spreading disease to others; I see as arrogant and self-righteous. Besides, as bad as Covid is, it’s still a virus which humans cannot ever fully control, like any other virus. Abortion on the other hand killed
43 million baby human lives worldwide just last year, according to Worldmeters. That was the leading cause of global deaths in 2021. So unless you care about the millions and millions of more lives deliberately killed by abortion you can stop talking to me about being pro-life.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
From my perspective, breathing oxygen and fresh air according to God’s design, rather than one’s exhaled carbon dioxide over and over, is pro-life.
So, if others die because of our carelessness, that's all fine & dandy with you? Not imo, as I believe in being pro-life across the board, thus not picking & choosing.

metis

For some people to come across as they are the only caring ones or that wearing a mask is a guarantee against spreading disease to others; I see as arrogant and self-righteous.
That's quite a non-sequitur as it seems much more your position that is blatantly "arrogant and self-righteous".

Jesus said to bring the children unto him as they are of the Kingdom of God, not to bring the children unto you without any precautions even though they could die. Thus, yours is a pro-death position.

Abortion on the other hand killed
Either way an innocent child could get killed. So let me recommend that you get off the secular partisanship and onto the respect and concern for others that the Gospel directs us to have.

As the old saying goes "Either you are part of the solution or you are part of the problem".

metis

Nevertheless, a lot of people do suffer with respiratory problems from breathing their exhaled carbon dioxide repeatedly.
I've never heard of a case whereas someone died of raspatory problems due to wearing a mask, but we have over 800,000 Americans who have died from covid. All you are doing is grasping at straws and putting other people's lives in jeopardy. Thus, let me recommend that you pay close attention to the science and follow the Gospel versus playing partisan politics.

InChrist

Free4ever
So, if others die because of our carelessness, that's all fine & dandy with you? Not imo, as I believe in being pro-life across the board, thus not picking & choosing.
So breathing is considered carelessness? You may want to take that up in prayer with the Creator & Designer.

metis

So breathing is considered carelessness? You may want to take that up in prayer with the Creator & Designer.
When you intentionally take actions that can all too easily lead to infection and possible death, all you are doing is to talk-the-talk but not willing to walk-the-walk, and Jesus had some pretty nasty words for people who did that. You either live the Gospel and act as if you believe in truly being pro-life or you are following a different drummer, and no amount of twisting someone else's words will change that.

InChrist

Free4ever
When you intentionally take actions that can all too easily lead to infection and possible death, all you are doing is to talk-the-talk but not willing to walk-the-walk, and Jesus had some pretty nasty words for people who did that. You either live the Gospel and act as if you believe in truly being pro-life or you are following a different drummer, and no amount of twisting someone else's words will change that.
In real life, I wear a mask if I go into a business which requires masks. In real life I would wear a mask around family or friends if they prefer I do or someone is in a vulnerable health condition. If a business, family members or friends don’t require or feel the need for mask-wearing I don’t wear a mask. I don’t go anywhere when I feel any sign of illness. It’s pretty simple and straightforward, nothing to do with politics. I respect others and their space. It’s too bad that you tend to make presumptions about the motives of others.

metis

In real life, I wear a mask if I go into a business which requires masks. In real life I would wear a mask around family or friends if they prefer I do or someone is in a vulnerable health condition. If a business, family members or friends don’t require or feel the need for mask-wearing I don’t wear a mask. I don’t go anywhere when I feel any sign of illness. It’s pretty simple and straightforward, nothing to do with politics. I respect others and their space. It’s too bad that you tend to make presumptions about the motives of others.
It makes far more sense that one wears a mask in public simply because one doesn't have to exhibit any covid symptoms and yet they can carry the virus and transmit it to others for weeks and even longer.

I have not assumed anything but commented on what you already had stated on this recent thread and some earlier ones that relate, and no song & dance on your part changes that. And this is not the only area whereas you take positions that are far more pro-death than pro-life, and I have no doubt whatsoever that your politics at least partially feeds that.
So, I've made my point; you made yours; thus...

fini