• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No idea what to do next.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
My ute just had a minor failure in a critical component which has rendered it undrivable. I have no idea how I'm going to pay for it to be fixed, and therefore no idea how I'm going to get to work on Monday for my casual job with no paid leave, so I have no idea how I'm going to afford next week's basic living expenses. I've been right on the edge for the last few months, income JUST covering living expenses. Now I'm ****ed. I'm at the point where I'm going to have to sacrifice food or electricity or similar just to survive, and that's before I mention the dodgy contractor who did a botched installation of a shed for us, rendering it un-returnable but also unusable, who is now threatening legal action over outstanding accounts. I'm at absolute breaking point.

Oh! And I need a root canal! With everything else, THAT just dropped off my radar!

I had a career and life was running along fairly well. Then I had a completely unexpected stroke a few years ago. I've recovered extremely well, all things considered, but it's produced ongoing issues to my long term full time employment and my situation has just gotten worse and worse. It's finally a crisis and I don't know what to do or how to fix it.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I had to look up what a ute is.

My daughter just totaled her new car a few days ago, so she's in a similar situation. Don't you have any ride-sharing companies in your country such as Uber or Lyft? I advised her to start using those for her commute.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
My ute just had a minor failure in a critical component which has rendered it undrivable. I have no idea how I'm going to pay for it to be fixed, and therefore no idea how I'm going to get to work on Monday for my casual job with no paid leave, so I have no idea how I'm going to afford next week's basic living expenses. I've been right on the edge for the last few months, income JUST covering living expenses. Now I'm ****ed. I'm at the point where I'm going to have to sacrifice food or electricity or similar just to survive, and that's before I mention the dodgy contractor who did a botched installation of a shed for us, rendering it un-returnable but also unusable, who is now threatening legal action over outstanding accounts. I'm at absolute breaking point.

Oh! And I need a root canal! With everything else, THAT just dropped off my radar!

I had a career and life was running along fairly well. Then I had a completely unexpected stroke a few years ago. I've recovered extremely well, all things considered, but it's produced ongoing issues to my long term full time employment and my situation has just gotten worse and worse. It's finally a crisis and I don't know what to do or how to fix it.
Very sorry to hear of your anxiety. Take a breath, and the first thing to do when you are on the edge like this is to begin immediately investigating your social support network. Your local city may have programs designed to help you not to lose your living place, and you must not wait until you are unable to pay rent. Immediately look at your phone book and find the phone numbers for all social support programs that can help you. If you do not know where to look inquire with charities that help the homeless, because they will know what is available and whom to call. Its in everyone's interest that you not become homeless, so inquire about what you can do to get help. Beyond social programs inquire with your church. Beyond your church inquire with family. Beyond family inquire at a bank. Do not ignore the problem or give up, and you can make it. You have a roof over your head, and that is 2/3 of the battle. You have a job and reputation, and that gives you priority and social standing.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Sorry to read that. How about GoFundMe?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think IANS's idea of a GoFundMe account is a good one. I might even be able to chip in a little myself.

Beyond that, KF, keep in mind that things can look pretty dark -- but present darkness is a lousy predictor of the future. About 25 years ago, I went through such a dark time in my life that I could not -- no matter how I looked at it -- figure out a way I would still be alive in 18 months. As it happened, some unpredictable things occurred that turned the situation around. Today, I am living the happiest years of my life. So don't make the mistake of thinking that just because today sucks, the future will suck.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
It's OK. My fantastic father has offered to help, so I'll be OK. Thank you for your concern. I was just feeling extremely acutely hit last night. I'm still not fantastic, but I'll survive.

Thanks again