• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No escape

Sir Joseph

That's a point I've made here too, but to no avail. Even the professing Atheist who might have an innate belief in God as the Bible suggests chooses to reject him. Thus, evidence for God's existence is not the issue; the willingness to submit to God rather than serve oneself is a decision of the heart.

Whateverist

I agree with you in that I think what has given rise to God belief is real, dynamic, important and inextricably tied up with what we are.

However I don't think any of us is stuck with anyone else's conception of what that even is or means.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Who is God that anybody is stuck with God? Where is God that God even shows up? How does God even exist?

Life is virtues vs. vices. Life is a fleeting drop in the ocean. Nature is a savage, survival game. No grande purposes in nature. Life is a desperate beggar in the universe. No one is special in the paths of nature.

Everyone lives and dies in the absence of the existence of God. God is silent, and so is non existence.

King Phenomenon

I agree with you in that I think what has given rise to God belief is real, dynamic, important and inextricably tied up with what we are.

However I don't think any of us is stuck with anyone else's conception of what that even is or means.
Well I do think there is only one god whatever that may be.

King Phenomenon

That's a point I've made here too, but to no avail. Even the professing Atheist who might have an innate belief in God as the Bible suggests chooses to reject him. Thus, evidence for God's existence is not the issue; the willingness to submit to God rather than serve oneself is a decision of the heart.
There's really no point to be made as non believers will remain the same

King Phenomenon

There's really no point to be made as non believers will
Who is God that anybody is stuck with God? Where is God that God even shows up? How does God even exist?

Life is virtues vs. vices. Life is a fleeting drop in the ocean. Nature is a savage, survival game. No grande purposes in nature. Life is a desperate beggar in the universe. No one is special in the paths of nature.

Everyone lives and dies in the absence of the existence of God. God is silent, and so is non existence.
A little grim for my taste but if it serves you well then cool.

Oh, so God isn't silent because life is existence. Hehe

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well my God is the universe so that's a no for me
My universe isn't God.
But it's big. Really big.
You just won’t believe how vastly, hugely, mindbogglingly
big it is. I mean, you may think it’s a long way down the
road to the pharmacy, but that’s just peanuts to space.”

Last edited:

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
There's really no point to be made as non believers will

A little grim for my taste but if it serves you well then cool.

Oh, so God isn't silent because life is existence. Hehe
If life and death are grim so be it. It's better to see life as it is then hope something in the unknown.

Not sure life is existence; it may be that or not. Life is a mysterious thing. Either answers will arrive, or not upon exiting this world. Limbo!

King Phenomenon

If life and death are grim so be it. It's better to see life as it is then hope something in the unknown.

Not sure life is existence; it may be that or not. Life is a mysterious thing. Either answers will arrive, or not upon exiting this world. Limbo!
I like hope. Unknown things can become known i believe. Answers won’t arrive at death imo. Answers are here now I think

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Or your Bible could be lying to you. Have you considered that?