• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nirvana/Nibbana

atanu

Premium Member
Nirvana is always there for you to realize, then when realized it was always within :)
So look within, search to empty attachments from within.
And yes to realize it one have to let go of it, let go of Nirvana to realize it :)

Within what? Who is to realise?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Well, in the view that I follow (Advaita), there is no man. It is Brahman only.
Eko sad, Dwiteeyo nasti: What exists is one, there is no second.
Sarvam Khalvidam Brahma: All things here are Brahman. etc.
Primitive religions (Vedic and Indigenous Hinduism) were very well aware of all these things. Yeah, Hinduism is a mix of two and more primitive religions.
Brahman sure is energy (always alive and eternal), but is incapable of self-awareness and possessing mind and memory. Brahman is uninvolved (Nirlipta).
Your views may differ. You don't get popularly accepted views from Aupmanyav. :D

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
This topic has been a long-time "friend" of mine.
But the more study put down to understand Nirvana the less is understood :)
Let it go said a monk to me, He did not mean letting go of Nirvana. He meant to let go of the Nirvana that i was so desperately seeking to gain. But you don't gain Nirvana, it is realized, and it is realized as to be not a place we go, we do not enter Nirvana, we become Nirvana :) But not as an ego/self. Self has long been realized to be of no use so it has been let go of.

Some say Nirvana is bliss, ask them what is bliss.

Nirvana is always there for you to realize, then when realized it was always within :)
And yes to realize it one have to let go of it, let go of Nirvana to realize it :)

love, the power of friendship, is within you. may the force be with you!!!

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
When realized, the mind has been let go of too. there is no one there.
You cannot let go of mind. Without mind you are a stone. There is no God or human out there, but there sure is some undefined thing. Call it energy, Brahman, Buddhadhatu, Tathagatagarbha, Dhammakaya or whatever. Buddha too was not a nihilist. He only wanted people to concentrate on more important things rather than philosophize.

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
This topic has been a long-time "friend" of mine.
But the more study put down to understand Nirvana the less is understood :)
Let it go said a monk to me, He did not mean letting go of Nirvana. He meant to let go of the Nirvana that i was so desperately seeking to gain. But you don't gain Nirvana, it is realized, and it is realized as to be not a place we go, we do not enter Nirvana, we become Nirvana :) But not as an ego/self. Self has long been realized to be of no use so it has been let go of.

Some say Nirvana is bliss, ask them what is bliss.

to become Nirvana we should be in a suitable environment which is Nirvana :D

MonkeyFire

Enlightenment or Nirvana can only be realized :) it's not something we enter :) more of something we become far as Amanaki understand

You can realize knowledge and it still come from within. You might not know at times and still know from within, thus you realize knowledge. The nature of love and compassion together is omnipotent.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
But, how is that ideal if I have faith.
In Buddhism, it is not spoken about faith, it is spoken about wisdom.
Faith in what?

To realize enlightenment can only be done by the person who cultivates a spiritual path, A god or buddha can only give the teaching, but it is the person who needs to do the work that is needed to enlighten to the truth. Different teaching, different methods to the enlightenment, but No God or Buddha can just give a human being the enlightenment. if that happened, the person would not be able to stay on that high level of wisdom level for more then one thought, before they fell down to the human level of wisdom again.

MonkeyFire

In Buddhism, it is not spoken about faith, it is spoken about wisdom.
Faith in what?

To realize enlightenment can only be done by the person who cultivates a spiritual path, A god or buddha can only give the teaching, but it is the person who needs to do the work that is needed to enlighten to the truth. Different teaching, different methods to the enlightenment, but No God or Buddha can just give a human being the enlightenment. if that happened, the person would not be able to stay on that high level of wisdom level for more then one thought, before they fell down to the human level of wisdom again.

Faith in my religion is a part of the metabolic process of singularity and all living creatures in it.

You cultivate spirituality, but also must have it.