• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nirvana/Nibbana

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
This topic has been a long-time "friend" of mine.
But the more study put down to understand Nirvana the less is understood :)
Let it go said a monk to me, He did not mean letting go of Nirvana. He meant to let go of the Nirvana that i was so desperately seeking to gain. But you don't gain Nirvana, it is realized, and it is realized as to be not a place we go, we do not enter Nirvana, we become Nirvana :) But not as an ego/self. Self has long been realized to be of no use so it has been let go of.

Some say Nirvana is bliss, ask them what is bliss.

Nirvana is always there for you to realize, then when realized it was always within :)
So look within, search to empty attachments from within.
And yes to realize it one have to let go of it, let go of Nirvana to realize it :)

r2d2009

Imagine that in the morning, at dawn, you came to a beautiful forest, to a sunny meadow ...
Around morning freshness, the awakening of all living things to life ...
And you take away all emotions from yourself, fill with this freshness, this forest magic.
You feel the forest as yourself.
You take away from yourself everything that is not a forest.
You are gone, only the forest remains, its silence, peace and morning freshness ...

This is nirvana in the forest ...
This can be understood by one who has such experience.

And now you enter into meditation and are filled with Light.
Around is only a living Light that fills every cell of the body with bliss ...
You take away from yourself everything that is not Light.
Now you are light and Light is you ...

This is Nirvana in the Holy Spirit ...

It is not man who disappears, not consciousness, but only that which is not Light.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Imagine that in the morning, at dawn, you came to a beautiful forest, to a sunny meadow ...
Around morning freshness, the awakening of all living things to life ...
And you take away all emotions from yourself, fill with this freshness, this forest magic.
You feel the forest as yourself.
You take away from yourself everything that is not a forest.
You are gone, only the forest remains, its silence, peace and morning freshness ...

This is nirvana in the forest ...
This can be understood by one who has such experience.

And now you enter into meditation and are filled with Light.
Around is only a living Light that fills every cell of the body with bliss ...
You take away from yourself everything that is not Light.
Now you are light and Light is you ...

This is Nirvana in the Holy Spirit ...

It is not man who disappears, not consciousness, but only that which is not Light.
What arises is deep compassion for all living beings :)

r2d2009

What arises is deep compassion for all living beings
yes, compassion and love...

“Buddhism teaches us to live without causing unnecessary worries to anyone in the universe, and to instead love and give gentle affection to others. And, by living in this way, one gradually learns to dissolve oneself in the Real Life, that is, in the Infinity of God’s Existence, the Existence of the Creator of all the ‘manifested universe’. As a result, one disappears as an individual ‘I’ — in the great state of Mergence with the Divine Primordial Consciousness, feeling oneself as being only Him. Then the feeling comes that there is nothing besides Him, the One Who lives in everything, including all material bodies. And He receives into Himself all the worthy Consciousnesses at the end of Their long journey Home.

“This state of the ‘burnt I’ is called Nirvana. Such an Ascetic becomes Part of the Primordial Consciousness and may manifest the Will of the One.

“This is Nirvana — wherein one is completely dissolved in God. This One has no other life, but the life of God!

Read more:
Avalokiteshvara

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
yes, compassion and love...

“Buddhism teaches us to live without causing unnecessary worries to anyone in the universe, and to instead love and give gentle affection to others. And, by living in this way, one gradually learns to dissolve oneself in the Real Life, that is, in the Infinity of God’s Existence, the Existence of the Creator of all the ‘manifested universe’. As a result, one disappears as an individual ‘I’ — in the great state of Mergence with the Divine Primordial Consciousness, feeling oneself as being only Him. Then the feeling comes that there is nothing besides Him, the One Who lives in everything, including all material bodies. And He receives into Himself all the worthy Consciousnesses at the end of Their long journey Home.

“This state of the ‘burnt I’ is called Nirvana. Such an Ascetic becomes Part of the Primordial Consciousness and may manifest the Will of the One.

“This is Nirvana — wherein one is completely dissolved in God. This One has no other life, but the life of God!

Read more:
Avalokiteshvara
A simile about enlightenment is. if you have a glass of muddy water, this muddy water is the human mind, the more silent and calm the mind becomes the clearer the water in the glass becomes and the mud will lay in the bottom of the glass.
When there is no ripple or mud in the water it is similar to a Buddha's mind. always clear and aware. it is Nirvana

r2d2009

A simile about enlightenment is. if you have a glass of muddy water, this muddy water is the human mind, the more silent and calm the mind becomes the clearer the water in the glass becomes and the mud will lay in the bottom of the glass.
When there is no ripple or mud in the water it is similar to a Buddha's mind. always clear and aware. it is Nirvana

Yes, but “clarity and purity” is only one aspect of enlightenment.
He does not give a complete picture of the world, does not give an understanding of what exactly is visible in this purity.
Another aspect - “the unity of the whole world” - can give such an understanding.

Clarity and purity in this sense is precisely the vision, experience, awareness of this unity.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yes, but “clarity and purity” is only one aspect of enlightenment.
He does not give a complete picture of the world, does not give an understanding of what exactly is visible in this purity.
The clarity is the truth, truth of how things actually are, and how it works. All other have been let go of or put in different words. Enlightenment blows out everything except the truth.

(when the water in the glass is calm the truth is seen clearly)

r2d2009

The clarity is the truth, truth of how things actually are, and how it works. All other have been let go of or put in different words. Enlightenment blows out everything except the truth.

(when the water in the glass is calm the truth is seen clearly)

Unity of the world cannot be realized without understanding. And that is 'Nirvana' or whichever word you choose for itt.

We will now begin to argue about what happened before - a chicken or an egg ...

Without clarity, it is impossible to see unity, but it is knowledge of unity that is the purpose of this clarity.

Better talk about ways to achieve all this.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Without clarity, it is impossible to see unity, but it is knowledge of unity that is the purpose of this clarity.

No need to have an argument :) Nirvana is not same for everyone, what is realized is on different levels of wisdom, so discussing what nirvana truly is, is like asking how many drops of water it is in the ocean :) everyone will give a different answer :) Nirvana is realized from within

Only when Nirvana has be realized one can answer

Last edited:

r2d2009

No need to have an argument :) Nirvana is not same for everyone, what is realized is on different levels of wisdom, so discussing what nirvana truly is, is like asking how many drops of water it is in the ocean :) everyone will give a different answer :) Nirvana is realized from within

Oly when Nirvana has be realized one can answer

Yes, I agree ...

1. One cannot cognize Tao only by speaking about It.
(Lao Tse, Tao Te Ching)

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
My most respected spiritual teacher tells us that 'Nirvana' is the same as what Hindus call 'Moksha'.

I'll attempt a short explanation:

All reality/consciousness is one and in a state of infinite being-bliss-awareness (sat-cit-ananda). From this ground state, Consciousness/Brahman/God creates a play/drama in which sparks of Consciousness play roles having apparent finite and separate existence in Act I. In Act II the sparks of Consciousness/Brahman/God gradually realize their Source and upon full-realization they realize they always were the One source.

This return to full realization is what Nirvana means.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
There is no chicken and egg problem here. The only difference is that you have used the word 'clarity' and I have used the word 'understanding'. Clarity cannot come without understanding.
Talking about ways is a bit problematic. People are differently inclined. They get this in many ways. There is no single way to do it. Hinduism accept three ways to do it. Jnana: Knowledge, Bhakti: Devotion and Karma: No talk, just action. So let us leave that to people. Whatever suits them.

Last edited:

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Jnana: Knowledge, Bhakti: Devotion and Karma
Without mindfulness (Raja) there is no true higher consciousness understanding (Jnana), as the clutter prevents flow.

Without inner karma (Kriya) cleansing or repentance from its Hebrew meaning to turn back to the righteous path - we don't illuminate all of our own internal shadows, that we can accumulate in the desires of Maya.
[GALLERY=media, 8856][/GALLERY]
There appears to be these steps within Yoga and the Chakras, where the words interlink in places to show this, thus with clarity it has always been a sequence to understanding ascension (Nirvana/Øneness).

In my opinion. :innocent:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Well, you can find all sorts of theories in Hinduism. Then you choose your way. Nothing is mandated other than 'dharma' (fulfilling your duties and engaging in righteous action). Hinduism is a simple 'pagan' religion. :)

r2d2009

There is no chicken and egg problem here. The only difference is that you are used the word 'clarity' and I have used the word 'understanding'. Clarity cannot come without understanding.
Talking about ways is a bit problematic. People are differently inclined. They get this in many ways. There is no single way to do it. Hinduism accept three ways to do it. Jnana: Knowledge, Bhakti: Devotion and Karma: No talk, just action. So let us leave that to people. Whatever suits them.

I agree ...
Different religions are just outwardly different ways to achieve one common goal.

r2d2009

another explanation
---------------------------------------------------------

The term Nirvana denotes the state of Mergence with a Divine Consciousness.

Krishna [8,11] talked about three kinds of such Mergence: a) Nirvana in Brahman (namely, Mergence with Holy Spirits in Their giant Forms — Mahadoubles), b) Nirvana in Ishvara (in the Primordial Consciousness, in the Heart of the Absolute), and c) Nirvana as Mergence with the entire Absolute.

One can also distinguish two Nirvanic states: static and dynamic.

One of the two manifestations of the latter is one’s activity as a Mahadouble in helping embodied beings.

Another dynamic state is the Divine Fire.

The above said corresponds to two observable states of the Primordial Consciousness: a) Transparent Calm and b) Fiery state when the Primordial Consciousness enters the state of increased activity.

Those Who have cognized the higher forms of Nirvana can become convinced of the existence of this phenomenon from Their own experience: now They, too, can abide in the Blissful Calm of the Primordial Consciousness, in full Mergence in Love with Others Who have achieved this, — or They can enter the state of Divine Fire when performing certain kinds of activity.

The Fiery state of One Who has achieved Nirvana can be used for transforming the energy composing the matter of One’s material body. As a result of such work, One gains the ability to take the body out of the world of matter and then to materialize it again whenever it is necessary. This ability was demonstrated by Jesus Christ; some other Divine Teachers also possessed this ability [8].

The Divine Fire does not burn the righteous. But it is frightening and painful for those who go to hell or have settled in hell already. This is the source of legends about sinners burning in fires of hell…

Dharma, Dharmakaya, Nirodhi, Nirvana

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Perhaps you are right. Since I am a person of science, so I do not believe in 'universal consciousness'. IMHV, I was 'star-dust' before my birth, I am 'star-dust' while I live and I will be 'star-dust' even after I die. That status does not change. :D

r2d2009

Perhaps you are right. Since I am a person of science, so I do not believe in 'universal consciousness'. IMHV, I was 'star-dust' before my birth, I am 'star-dust' while I live and I will be 'star-dust' even after I die. That status does not change. :D

In order to be really comprehensive the whole system of knowledge about human being should be based on the premise that man is not a body, but a consciousness, i.e. living energy, capable of self-awareness and possessing mind and memory. The body is merely a transient habitat for the consciousness. And throughout the personal evolution, every individual moves in and out of those habitats, dropping off old bodies and entering new ones.

Materialists and followers of primitive religious sects do not believe this.

This can be felt through special yoga practice.