• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nine Pieces Of Evidence That Confirm The Historical Accuracy Of The Bible

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
1 am on my time zone
Gonna sleep this one through

Please review the post of Subduction Zone
He opened it up, just followed through
There was no contradiction. You are the one who relies on faith. And yet you have demonstrated that your faith is very weak. There are some Christians that remain Christian even after they accept the fact that Genesis is mythological. They are the strong in faith. They were not afraid to meet the challenge of reality.

MJFlores

There was no contradiction. You are the one who relies on faith. And yet you have demonstrated that your faith is very weak. There are some Christians that remain Christian even after they accept the fact that Genesis is mythological. They are the strong in faith. They were not afraid to meet the challenge of reality.

Only the weak in faith are afraid to learn.

Okay so just silly games. That's disappointing.

I think "faith" is an off topic subject since this is all about "the nine pieces of evidence that confirm the historical accuracy..."

Knowledge and wisdom comes first before anyone can believe
After believing comes faith.
But faith is not the entire enchilada of things, as the Bible says:

1 Corinthians 13 New International Version (NIV)
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

I think "faith" is an off topic subject since this is all about "the nine pieces of evidence that confirm the historical accuracy..."

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Here is a question for you:

Why not try to learn how and why we know certain stories in the Bible are best viewed as allegory? The evidence against the Floor is so strong that the only way it could exist would be for God to cover up his evil act after he did it. And we are not talking only immediately after the floor but for generations and generations. Why would God do such a dishonest act?

Faith is the worst reason to believe anything since it is not a pathway to the truth, but it a person has faith it should at the very least be well placed.

And remember, the Bible never claims to be inerrant. It does not even claim to be the word of God.

MJFlores

And remember, the Bible never claims to be inerrant. It does not even claim to be the word of God.

2 Timothy 3:15-17 Contemporary English Version (CEV)
Since childhood, you have known the Holy Scriptures that are able to make you wise enough to have faith in Christ Jesus and be saved. Everything in the Scriptures is God’s Word. All of it is useful for teaching and helping people and for correcting them and showing them how to live. The Scriptures train God’s servants to do all kinds of good deeds.

[What is that again? "It does not even claim to be the word of God"]

sooda

Veteran Member
Since childhood, you have known the Holy Scriptures that are able to make you wise enough to have faith in Christ Jesus and be saved. Everything in the Scriptures is God’s Word. All of it is useful for teaching and helping people and for correcting them and showing them how to live. The Scriptures train God’s servants to do all kinds of good deeds.

It couldn't be God's word.. Too many errors.. too many contradictions, too many errors of geography and anachronisms.

Its been added to , redacted, translated and amended by hundreds of different authors.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Do you see the incorrect assumption that you made?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It couldn't be God's word.. Too many errors.. too many contradictions, too many errors of geography and anachronisms.

Its been added to , redacted, translated and amended by hundreds of different authors.
Calling it "God's word" should.be considered blasphemy.

Skwim

Veteran Member

Of the 59 Bibles I checked only 3 say they were "god's word." There are another 16 that say they were "god breathed," but by far the most frequently used description was "inspired." So, while one could consider "god breathed," to be synonymous with "god's word," making a total of 19, this still does not come close to the most common translation: "inspired." And, as we all know, inspiration doesn't necessarily mean accurate. So go ahead and claim that "the" Bible claims itself to be the word of god, but there's enough room for legitimate doubt so as to dismiss the claim.

MJFlores

You don't say...
I believe I have posted my views on your so called errors
and shown you that they weren't
and you did not object, whatsoever.

Told you too
That if the bible is erroneous and mythical
We have a country in this planet
which base its history of these legends

and your reply was....?
oh there was none

sooda

Veteran Member
You don't say...
I believe I have posted my views on your so called errors
and shown you that they weren't
and you did not object, whatsoever.

Told you too
That if the bible is erroneous and mythical
We have a country in this planet
which base its history of these legends

and your reply was....?
oh there was none

Erroneous and mythical?????

There is nothing about Israel to admire. Their history is quite cruel and unjust and they are still on the dole.

MJFlores

Of the 59 Bibles I checked only 3 say they were "god's word." There are another 16 that say they were "god breathed," but by far the most frequently used description was "inspired." So, while one could consider "god breathed," to be synonymous with "god's word," making a total of 19, this still does not come close to the most common translation: "inspired." And, as we all know, inspiration doesn't necessarily mean accurate. So go ahead and claim that "the" Bible claims itself to be the word of god, but there's enough room for legitimate doubt so as to dismiss the claim.

God breathed
God inspired
God's word

Good enough for me

don't be too serious Skwim

MJFlores

Erroneous and mythical?????

There is nothing about Israel to admire. Their history is quite cruel and unjust and they are still on the dole.

Did not ask you to admire them.
I don't admire them either.
Why is that country standing?
So it would remind you that
Israel's history is based on a book you call fiction

Are we living in a fantasy world all of the sudden?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
How can He not be just when He has weighed everything that exists --both physical and metaphysical-- in the balances?
He isn't just because instead of working to address and fix the flaws of his Creation he showed time and time again he'd rather just kill everyone.
Logically, your limited intellect must be wrong and God's infinite intellect must be correct. Assuming God is real. (Which He is.)
Logically and rationally, god's wrath makes no sense because such threats, iron fisted grips, and reigns of "anger and jealousy" are reigns that do not prosper, are plagued with human rights abuses, don't really encourage any actual change, and are a sign of inferiority and insecurity. If god is really all powerful, then how is it that "other gods" pose such a threat to him that he demands the deaths of those who worship them? That's a sign of weaknesses, not strength.

MJFlores

Did you not notice that it was not talking about the Bible.

2 Timothy 3:15-17 Common English Bible (CEB)
Since childhood you have known the holy scriptures that help you to be wise in a way that leads to salvation through faith that is in Christ Jesus. Every scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for showing mistakes, for correcting, and for training character, so that the person who belongs to God can be equipped to do everything that is good.

Yes I noticed that it was not talking about the Bible. Because the Bible said so.;)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
2 Timothy 3:15-17 Common English Bible (CEB)
Since childhood you have known the holy scriptures that help you to be wise in a way that leads to salvation through faith that is in Christ Jesus. Every scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for showing mistakes, for correcting, and for training character, so that the person who belongs to God can be equipped to do everything that is good.

Yes I noticed that it was not talking about the Bible. Because the Bible said so.;)
I have known the Bible since childhood. Following its ways left me miserable, suicidal, and plagued by nightmares of burning in Hell (that was half my life ago and I still clearly remember the anguish and torment I felt during those dreams).

MJFlores

Thanks for missing the point that using an object to discipline a child isn't discipline. It's abuse. And any parent who thinks you have to hit a child to discipline them sucks at parenting.

I do not condone cruelty when a child makes mistakes
A stern reprimand or warning
and if it is not enough, the rod - a tap on the rear
not with excessive force
enough for him to understand.

Sometimes you have to hurt the ones you love.
if not then you will see them like this....

We have laws against child abuse and violence
this protects the child from excesses of the parents

Too much of everything is bad
so is too little of everything
you just have to be right.
to be right