• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nine Pieces Of Evidence That Confirm The Historical Accuracy Of The Bible

MJFlores

I have known the Bible since childhood. Following its ways left me miserable, suicidal, and plagued by nightmares of burning in Hell (that was half my life ago and I still clearly remember the anguish and torment I felt during those dreams).

Now that is totally....

Maybe you heard it from him.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I always found thumbscrews rather convincing.
Then clearly you need to learn how to write, draw, and type, as well as walk and run, with flabby phalanges, triturated tarsals, or just do them with stumps. Radar (MASH) got by just fine, and no one even noticed.
God, pick up the slack, you slacker!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
We have laws against child abuse and violence
this protects the child from excesses of the parents
Using a rod as a means of disciplinary action is excessive. The Bible doesn't say to spank a child with your hand, it says if you spare the ROD you hate your child.
And since you seem to not be aware of this, you do NOT have to hit a child to discipline them, teach them, or keep them safe. No other social animal does. And if chimpanzees and gorillas don't need to resort to hitting their children, what is your excuse for finding it necessary?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
2 Timothy 3:15-17 Common English Bible (CEB)
Since childhood you have known the holy scriptures that help you to be wise in a way that leads to salvation through faith that is in Christ Jesus. Every scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for showing mistakes, for correcting, and for training character, so that the person who belongs to God can be equipped to do everything that is good.

Yes I noticed that it was not talking about the Bible. Because the Bible said so.;)
You should learn some history of the Bible. The Bible is not equivalent to the scriptures. At the very best that could only refer to the Old Testament. The New Testament did not exist at that time. And you used a poor translation since the scripture being "inspired" does not mean true or even accurate. Lastly if you used Genesis as allegory it would still fit that verse. As allegory it is still useful for instruction and one does not have to believe in a lying God.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Using a rod as a means of disciplinary action is excessive. The Bible doesn't say to spank a child with your hand, it says if you spare the ROD you hate your child.
And since you seem to not be aware of this, you do NOT have to hit a child to discipline them, teach them, or keep them safe. No other social animal does. And if chimpanzees and gorillas don't need to resort to hitting their children, what is your excuse for finding it necessary?
Though I was spanked when I was brought up it appears that avoiding violence is a far better way to raise children. That does not mean never punishing one's child. It just means that punishment should not be violent.

MJFlores

Maybe to keep the family name clean.
and for him to enjoy life without committing a crime

Oh, chimps and gorillas do resort to violence even murder

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Maybe to keep the family name clean.
and for him to enjoy life without committing a crime
You need not hit a child to discipline them and instill positive characteristics and enforce good behavioral traits while correcting poor behaviors. Hitting a child is not required.
Oh, chimps and gorillas do resort to violence even murder
So? And? Whataboutit? My point was they do not hit their own children.

MJFlores

What's a "hoo ba ba kanda?" Are you trying to imply there is something untrue about my account?

Your account of events might be true
But you heard it from somebody
and made it terrible.

The bible do not have pictures
totally unattractive for a child to read by himself
so it requires an adult to help
an adult who is trained to explain
apparently you heard it from someone who is untrained

My first reading material was comics about Superman
books without pictures to me were so boring
did not care much to read them
until I hit college
now Mathematics did gave me nightmares
failing in college, the thought was suicidal and even homicidal

The first time I read the Bible
was when I was 20 or 21
but before that I have to know
how, what, where and who
made this Bible.

I'm a kind of person who doesn't just
pick things and eat
without discerning

MJFlores

You should learn some history of the Bible. The Bible is not equivalent to the scriptures. At the very best that could only refer to the Old Testament. The New Testament did not exist at that time. And you used a poor translation since the scripture being "inspired" does not mean true or even accurate. Lastly if you used Genesis as allegory it would still fit that verse. As allegory it is still useful for instruction and one does not have to believe in a lying God.

From the top:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
But you heard it from somebody
and made it terrible.
I heard it from no one. When I said I have known the words since childhood and I was tormented and suicidal following them, I literally meant myself, not someone who recounting their experience to me (one of those stories involves a girl being bullied and abused in a Christian school, where images of Jesus silently stared at her as motionless and useless as any Jesus or god who could have helped her).
so it requires an adult to help
an adult who is trained to explain
I had that. Several of them, actually.
apparently you heard it from someone who is untrained
Why is it Christians always make assumptions when I bring up my experiences with the Church? No matter the wording, it always comes down to assumptions that allow them to dismiss my experiences as somehow being invalid because somehow things just right or real.
My first reading material was comics about Superman
books without pictures to me were so boring
did not care much to read them
What of it? I started reading Dr. Suess in pre-school, got over the excitement of reading a "book without pictures" before third grade, reading Poe in fifth grade, began reading Shakespeare in middle school, couldn't get enough Lovecraft, Stephen King, or Ann Rice in high school, breezed through my college level math, algebra, and pre-calc (though admittedly I struggled abit trying to remember all the different values and minor adjustments to a procedure for statistics), and started tackling grad-school level philosophers while still an undergrad (and with only a minor in philosophy).
now Mathematics did gave me nightmares
failing in college, the thought was suicidal and even homicidal
Says every whiny American who cries about math and complains "it's hard," and insists they'll "never use it."
And failing in college? That doesn't even come close to the anguish of having to deny who you are as a person because of the sheer horror when you are terrified that giving in will send you to Hell (and you feel those flames burning your flesh and feel the mental trauma of being separated from god). And, since you mentioned failing in college, I was failing at that my first time around because the Church left me with no sense of direction and I had no motivation or clue where I was going after I left. I went to college after high school, and proudly did terrible enough to leave with a GPA of 1.222. And once I found direction in life, taking charge of my own life and no longer being burdened by the silly notion of sin, my GPA rose to 3.62. I went from barely graduating high school (and pretty much only because my mom made me) to graduating college magna cum, with distinctions and honors, and with way more honor's courses and credits than what was required to graduate from the honor's program (I was also vice-president of the philosophy club).

MJFlores

I heard it from no one. When I said I have known the words since childhood and I was tormented and suicidal following them, I literally meant myself, not someone who recounting their experience to me (one of those stories involves a girl being bullied and abused in a Christian school, where images of Jesus silently stared at her as motionless and useless as any Jesus or god who could have helped her).

I had that. Several of them, actually.

Why is it Christians always make assumptions when I bring up my experiences with the Church? No matter the wording, it always comes down to assumptions that allow them to dismiss my experiences as somehow being invalid because somehow things just right or real.

What of it? I started reading Dr. Suess in pre-school, got over the excitement of reading a "book without pictures" before third grade, reading Poe in fifth grade, began reading Shakespeare in middle school, couldn't get enough Lovecraft, Stephen King, or Ann Rice in high school, breezed through my college level math, algebra, and pre-calc (though admittedly I struggled abit trying to remember all the different values and minor adjustments to a procedure for statistics), and started tackling grad-school level philosophers while still an undergrad (and with only a minor in philosophy).

Says every whiny American who cries about math and complains "it's hard," and insists they'll "never use it."
And failing in college? That doesn't even come close to the anguish of having to deny who you are as a person because of the sheer horror when you are terrified that giving in will send you to Hell (and you feel those flames burning your flesh and feel the mental trauma of being separated from god). And, since you mentioned failing in college, I was failing at that my first time around because the Church left me with no sense of direction and I had no motivation or clue where I was going after I left. I went to college after high school, and proudly did terrible enough to leave with a GPA of 1.222. And once I found direction in life, taking charge of my own life and no longer being burdened by the silly notion of sin, my GPA rose to 3.62. I went from barely graduating high school (and pretty much only because my mom made me) to graduating college magna cum, with distinctions and honors, and with way more honor's courses and credits than what was required to graduate from the honor's program (I was also vice-president of the philosophy club).

:smilingimp:Teach me how to Satan..teach me..teach me how to Satan:smilingimp:
:heartpulse:I know the Devil loves me...know the...know the Devil loves me.:heartpulse:

No wonder you have nightmares reading the Bible.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No wonder you have nightmares reading the Bible.
Actually, my quote comes from a rather silly tongue in cheek song called "Teach Me How to Satan." It's rather absurd and quite hilarious. It even has a equally goofy dance to go along with it.
No wonder you keep getting things wrong with the assumptions you make. Such as, the nightmares being 16 years ago, while I just found out about the song a couple weeks ago.
(and thanks for proving me right when I wondered if anyone would be baited by it)

MJFlores

Actually, my quote comes from a rather silly tongue in cheek song called "Teach Me How to Satan." It's rather absurd and quite hilarious. It even has a equally goofy dance to go along with it.
No wonder you keep getting things wrong with the assumptions you make. Such as, the nightmares being 16 years ago, while I just found out about the song a couple weeks ago.
(and thanks for proving me right when I wondered if anyone would be baited by it)

Hoo Ba Ba Kanda!
Saw the vid - like the rap
My funny meter didn't move until I saw Santa [Satan spelled correctly]
I made assumption [that the nightmares first occurred and the vid done much later]
and your bait worked

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My funny meter didn't move until I saw Santa [Satan spelled correctly]
Probably because you get this relation between Santa and Satan and don't know enough about Satanism to fully appreciate it. In a sense, a part of the song seems to be addressing those who think Satanism is all about being serious, and he's poking all kinds of holes in that idea because you can't appreciate life fully if you're serious all the time. As well as those who think there are all sorts of rules and procedures for being a Satanist, which is tossed out the window when he yelled "yabba dabba Satan."

MJFlores

Probably because you get this relation between Santa and Satan and don't know enough about Satanism to fully appreciate it. In a sense, a part of the song seems to be addressing those who think Satanism is all about being serious, and he's poking all kinds of holes in that idea because you can't appreciate life fully if you're serious all the time. As well as those who think there are all sorts of rules and procedures for being a Satanist, which is tossed out the window when he yelled "yabba dabba Satan."

Not a big fan.

But you know what?
I think I was a member of Satan's church, a long time ago.
It's good to leave the darkness and into the light.

666.jpg