• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newton - The Last Of The Magicians

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
NOPE I was in fact adressing:

Kangaroo Feathers said:
Sorry, but what specific things in ancient stories of creation do you think contradict the Theory of Gravity? What modern observations do you think contradict the Theory of Gravity?

Read what is written before you reply.

Ahh, using reply or addressing with user names helps.

You are making the claims, i am simply stating that gravity was not understood in ancient times, not until Newton and scientists who followed was a theory of gravity even proposed

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
Not sure anyone has ever proved spiritual is anything more than imagination. Perhaps you could convince me otherwise.
Exchange wisdom for ignorance and im with you on the comparason
Read my #12 post above. It´s the genuine essence of tens of thousands of years of common global physical and spiritual human observations and spiritual inspirations.

Maybe you´ll like to have some illustrations too? Watch my Mytho-Cosmological site here - Ancient Science. The Ancient and native Way of Knowledge

Native

You are making the claims, i am simply stating that gravity was not understood in ancient times, not until Newton and scientists who followed was a theory of gravity even proposed
There was nothing to understand regarding the cosmological subject of "gravity". This was just a speculative invention of Newton and he himself couldn´t explain causally what he meant by "gravitational force".

ChristineM

Premium Member
Read my #12 post above. It´s the genuine essence of tens of thousands of years of common global physical and spiritual human observations and spiritual inspirations.

Maybe you´ll like to have some illustrations too? Watch my Mytho-Cosmological site here - Ancient Science. The Ancient and native Way of Knowledge

So no citation then, ok, I'll take your word for it ;-)

And the word of an unaccredited, anonymous web site.

ChristineM

Premium Member
There was nothing to understand regarding the cosmological subject of "gravity". This was just a speculative invention of Newton and he himself couldn´t explain causally what he meant by "gravitational force".

It was a hypothesis based on observation and repeatable,

Many new discoveries cannot be explained because the science does not at the time, exists. On the contrary, such discoveries are often the starter motor to scientific research leading to an explanation.

Native

Once again, reference to an unaccredited, anonymous website is hardly convincing
Im amazed you already have read and studied it, judging it not convinsing. Do you have photographic memory?

Native

@ChristineM,
Once again, reference to an unaccredited, anonymous website is hardly convincing
Besides everything else you have to read the very sources of ancient Stories of Creation if looking for credits - and then you also have to interpret the stories in the correct context and contents, which isn´t the cases in many scholarly interpretations of the ancient creation myths.

Most of the scholarly interpretations ignores the fact that the Creation Stories deals with the Milky Way and not just the Solar System - or for that matter not the Entire Universe either.

ChristineM

Premium Member
@ChristineM,

Besides everything else you have to read the very sources of ancient Stories of Creation if looking for credits - and then you also have to interpret the stories in the correct context and contents, which isn´t the cases in many scholarly interpretations of the ancient creation myths.

Most of the scholarly interpretations ignores the fact that the Creation Stories deals with the Milky Way and not just the Solar System - or for that matter not the Entire Universe either.

No, you have to provide citation for your claims if you want to be considered credible.

Interpretation in the context you want? As opposed to the understanding and knowledge of scientists who gave studied there subject, qualified in it and spent much time analysing measurements and observations.

Yes i read your post 12, good interpretation of guesses but not precisely cosmological

ecco

Veteran Member
Hello All,
I´ve just watched a dramatizised documentary, mostly based on Newton´s "secret boks of papers" which was opened about 200 years after his death. The papers revealed, amongst other topics, a deep interest for ancient cultures and their "World Perception".

Watch the video documentary here - "Newton the last of the Magicians" - https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1wjy2r

It is my claim that Newton didn´t grasp the full implications of the Ancient and the cultural numerous "Stories of Creation" - If he had, he never would have come up with his "gravitational ideas and laws".

Well, what do you say to this?
This is a one hour video. How about giving us a short written synopsis of your understanding of its contents.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
No, you have to provide citation for your claims if you want to be considered credible.

Interpretation in the context you want? As opposed to the understanding and knowledge of scientists who gave studied there subject, qualified in it and spent much time analysing measurements and observations.

Yes i read your post 12, good interpretation of guesses but not precisely cosmological

Let's just say that Native has a, well, unusual interpretation of Egyptian myths and their connection to cosmology. He rejects gravity and says that electromagnetism is the force producing orbits, for example. he also likes to link the orbits of the planets around the sun to the overall orbit of the sun and stars around our galaxy. He claims all this was known by ancient people.

ecco

Veteran Member
"Rivers of primordial matters flows together in a swirling center" and when heated up, a central light (Electromagnetic Force) is turned on and began to create firm matter and fluent spheres of gaseous elements.
Part of your post is a quote and part is your own commentary.

What are you quoting, the ancients?

On what do you base "when heated up, a central light (Electromagnetic Force) is turned "?

ecco

Veteran Member
We are dealing with BOTH an atractive and repulsing force of creation and Newton would have concluded this from his studies of ancient cultures, but he didn´t understand and grasp this.
My conclusion: Modern cosmological science has everything to learn from the ancient Stories of Creation and unfortunately Newton missed this knowledge and began to put the little he knew onto mathematical calculations,
So, in short, you know more about all this stuff than a person who is recognized as one of the most brilliant minds ever.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Why do you think ancient cultures, amongst other symbols, used the
Tortoise as a cosmic symbol of creation?

because turtles carry their homes along with them? it gives a nice analogy to the 'completeness' of the universe.

Second sentense: I´m not refferring to "other galaxies" but just to the Milky Way and I cannot find any mythical sources which states our ancestors knew of more galaxies. (But I wouldn´t be surpriced if they intuitively and by spiritual visions did know of this)

OK. Fine. Our ancestors knew about the 'Milky Way' as a stretch of stars going across the sky. They had NO concept of it being a galaxy or that it rotated (as opposed to spilled). it isn't some mythical or spiritual thing: you can look up at a dark site and see it. Now, you don't see *much* of it: only the thousand or so light years closest to us. But that is dramatic enough to produce stories.

ecco

Veteran Member
Our ancestors knew about the 'Milky Way' as a stretch of stars going across the sky.
But you need to remind some people that "the ancients" had absolutely no concept of what stars were.

I've been fortunate enough to see the night sky from areas where there is very little light pollution. Even with the book learnt knowledge of what stars really are, seeing the Milky Way does not convey the concept of millions of very big, very hot things.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Let's just say that Native has a, well, unusual interpretation of Egyptian myths and their connection to cosmology. He rejects gravity and says that electromagnetism is the force producing orbits, for example. he also likes to link the orbits of the planets around the sun to the overall orbit of the sun and stars around our galaxy. He claims all this was known by ancient people.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

Native

When it comes to cosmological understanding, modern scientists are just interpretating the observations and as long as there is NO universal consensus of cosmos, mine and yours guesses are just as good.

Native

Well understood indeed :)