• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

new

glenirisdrive

new to the forums - i dont know what religion i consider myself ... born and raised southern baptist but am now totally turned off by Christianity for many reasons! too many to list now.
the two religions that i relate to the most are taoism and native american religions - mostly b/c i have always felt a close bond to the native american people even though the amount of "indian blood" in my body is not enough to be considered native american...and taoism just makes sense.
so hello to everyone here and im so much looking forward to reading what everyone has to say~ :jam:

DreamQuickBook

glenirisdrive said:
new to the forums - i dont know what religion i consider myself ... born and raised southern baptist but am now totally turned off by Christianity for many reasons! too many to list now.
the two religions that i relate to the most are taoism and native american religions - mostly b/c i have always felt a close bond to the native american people even though the amount of "indian blood" in my body is not enough to be considered native american...and taoism just makes sense.
so hello to everyone here and im so much looking forward to reading what everyone has to say~ :jam:

Welcome to the sight! :) You should find pleanty of interesting topics to keep ya busy. Enjoy.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
born and raised southern baptist but am now totally turned off by Christianity for many reasons! too many to list now.
Please do at some other time :D

Welcome to the forums, hope you like it here :D

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I must concur with your assessment that Taoism makes sense. :D (Or does it? Hee!)

From someone also raised southern Baptist and turned off Christianity due to what I saw around me, welcome to the forums.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hello glenirisdrive,

Nice to meet you!

Welcome to the forum ; You'll find your way around in no time! - if you can't work something out, just ask, we don't bite!:D

You might like to have a look at :- Articles for New Members ; from there, there is a link to the forum rules, which you ought to see.

I am sorry that you have been put off Christianity - but I am sure you can find an alternative that suits you better!

I look forwards to seeing you around.:)

QTpi

Mischevious One
Hello, glenirisdrive. Welcome to Religious Forums. I hope you enjoy your stay. :jiggy:

Hello!

I'm so new myself, I'm not sure if i qualify as a welcomer :)

I think the fact that you are questioning and searching is great... never quit asking those big questions; even if you do settle in to on particular world view or another.

See you around!