• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New World Order

hughwatt

I've been noticing more and more talk about a NWO in the past few years. What may have once been seen as nothing more than conspiracy theorists with too much time on their hands is now being spoken of in very public circles. So, if we are to accept a NWO is on its way I have a few questions for two types of peoples on whether this is something good or bad, to fear or embrace?

1/ Religious.

2/ Non-religious.

If you fall into group one, your hopes or fears.

Group two, likewise.

What does a NWO mean to you?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
hulk_1.jpg

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

Group 2.

It is obvious to me that the old world order is disastrous. The Family of Humanity is well on it's way to self destruction due to the way we do things and what we believe.
But I don't think that a New World Order is at all likely, because the old deadly one is too thoroughly embedded in our psyche. We are programmed to keep doing what we do now, just like the yeast in a wine bottle are and then they die. Religious beliefs are a huge part of that tendency.
Tom

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I've been noticing more and more talk about a NWO in the past few years. What may have once been seen as nothing more than conspiracy theorists with too much time on their hands is now being spoken of in very public circles. So, if we are to accept a NWO is on its way I have a few questions for two types of peoples on whether this is something good or bad, to fear or embrace?

1/ Religious.

2/ Non-religious.

Group two, likewise.

It's just the same wolf in a new style of sheep's clothing. Perhaps a bit more sophisticated than the Emperors and Senators of Ancient Rome, but the elite keep having to find new and inventive ways of managing the "great unwashed" who would otherwise be wild and chaotic without their "betters" to guide them (or rule them with an iron fist). It's how human societies have operated for thousands of years, so I wouldn't expect that to change anytime soon.

hughwatt

Group 2.

It is obvious to me that the old world order is disastrous. The Family of Humanity is well on it's way to self destruction due to the way we do things and what we believe.
But I don't think that a New World Order is at all likely, because the old deadly one is too thoroughly embedded in our psyche. We are programmed to keep doing what we do now, just like the yeast in a wine bottle are and then they die. Religious beliefs are a huge part of that tendency.
Tom
The theory goes, those who are plotting a NWO are doing so against the knowledge and wishes of the masses. If that be so, who are you looking for to set up and run this NWO?

hughwatt

It's just the same wolf in a new style of sheep's clothing. Perhaps a bit more sophisticated than the Emperors and Senators of Ancient Rome, but the elite keep having to find new and inventive ways of managing the "great unwashed" who would otherwise be wild and chaotic without their "betters" to guide them (or rule them with an iron fist). It's how human societies have operated for thousands of years, so I wouldn't expect that to change anytime soon.
But it's coming, right? What do you fear, if anything and why?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

1/ Religious.

2/ Non-religious.

Group two, likewise.

A New World Order has been increasingly taking shape since after WWI with the aborted League of Nations and then the more successful United Nations with its ancillary bodies such as the security council, world bank and the IMF. With accelerating globalisation, interdependence, and technological advances its necessity will only increase. Like any governmental organisation enormous thought needs to given to ensure fair representation and that it will act in the interest of humanity as a whole, rather than the interests of an elite few. Of course there will be fears and anxieties about abuses of power and corruption. Anyone with eyes to see, realises the power imbalance and inadequacies of the current system. However like national and local governments, it is an inevitability and here to stay. Collectively we need to ensure it operates in accordance with the highest possible moral standards.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The theory goes, those who are plotting a NWO are doing so against the knowledge and wishes of the masses.

I don't see any reason to believe that. The rich and strong and ruthlessly oppressive have always been plotting against the Family of Humanity. The "masses" if you will. This is "different century, same sh!t". This is the same old behavior with more lethal methods of enforcement.
If that be so, who are you looking for to set up and run this NWO?
I don't think there is anybody who can shake the towers of power. I fully expect the Trumps of the world to start wars and degrade the biosphere, while claiming to be whatever religion gets them what they want. Because I don't believe that any New World Order is anywhere close to beginning.

NWO is a fantasy. Nice, but not anything like plausible. Threats of a NWO are generally promulgated by the beneficiaries of the OWO. They definitely don't want one.
Tom

MonkeyFire

I believe the fallen angels of light are Knowledge, and Virtue. They are the true Illuminaries. Omniscience became sick at when the devil begat. Existence, All, and Thing, and Omni all fell together.

Last edited:

hughwatt

A New World Order has been increasingly taking shape since after WWI with the aborted League of Nations and then the more successful United Nations with its ancillary bodies such as the security council, world bank and the IMF. With accelerating globalisation, interdependence, and technological advances its necessity will only increase. Like any governmental organisation enormous thought needs to given to ensure fair representation and that it will act in the interest of humanity as a whole, rather than the interests of an elite few. Of course there will be fears and anxieties about abuses of power and corruption. Anyone with eyes to see, realises the power imbalance and inadequacies of the current system. However like national and local governments, it is an inevitability and here to stay. Collectively we need to ensure it operates in accordance with the highest possible moral standards.
See, the theorists, let's call them that, say globalism is a means of oppressing and suppressing the poor and weak. The strong must be made incapable of resistance.

Basically, the world is being manipulated by money people who have so much of it it no longer turns them on. So what do you do when you've had your fill of all things material, you crave power, by any means necessary.

That being said, does it concern you the world is moving towards a world empire by crude and underhand methods?

hughwatt

I don't see any reason to believe that. The rich and strong and ruthlessly oppressive have always been plotting against the Family of Humanity. The "masses" if you will. This is "different century, same sh!t". This is the same old behavior with more lethal methods of enforcement.
You just agreed with me.

I don't think there is anybody who can shake the towers of power. I fully expect the Trumps of the world to start wars and degrade the biosphere, while claiming to be whatever religion gets them what they want. Because I don't believe that any New World Order is anywhere close to beginning.

NWO is a fantasy. Nice, but not anything like plausible. Threats of a NWO are generally promulgated by the beneficiaries of the OWO. They definitely don't want one.
Tom
What form do you think a NWO will take?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You just agreed with me.

What form do you think a NWO will take?
I don't think that there will be one as long as the majority of humanity accept the authorities of religionists.
From Communism to Islam, as long as the masses do as they're told by the human authorities there will be no NWO. NWO is just another bogeyman used to keep the masses in line. Hell used to work, but nowadays even Christians are giving up on that bogeyman. It's illogical and obviously so.
So now the rich and ruthless are substituting NWO to shut people up. But NWO doesn't exist any more than Hell or Satan or whatever do. It's impossible as long as people keep getting born ignorant and susceptible to the teachings of the rich and ruthless.
Tom

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The true "new world order" is taking shape whether one calls it the "second coming", the birth of a new humanity, the descent of light upon the earth. The old order of things is naturally resisting.