• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New World Order

hughwatt

I don't think that there will be one as long as the majority of humanity accept the authorities of religionists.
From Communism to Islam, as long as the masses do as they're told by the human authorities there will be no NWO. NWO is just another bogeyman used to keep the masses in line. Hell used to work, but nowadays even Christians are giving up on that bogeyman. It's illogical and obviously so.
So now the rich and ruthless are substituting NWO to shut people up. But NWO doesn't exist any more than Hell or Satan or whatever do. It's impossible as long as people keep getting born ignorant and susceptible to the teachings of the rich and ruthless.
Tom
"The majority!?" It was not the majority who ruled over Germany. Never is it the majority who start wars but a small few who influence enough people in key positions to undermine an established system, overthrow it, and take control through bloodshed.

You can't imagine such an event happening in this day and age with the sort of technology at hand, technology Hitler or some other dictator could only have dreamt of?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I don't even know what Alexa is.
Sounds like prophet. But it also sounds like a female name.
What gives? God doesn't talk to chicks, everybody knows that.
Tom
Alex is Amazon's personal assistant. I think he meant Cortana, which is Window's personal assistant.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I don't even know what Alexa is.
Sounds like prophet. But it also sounds like a female name.
What gives? God doesn't talk to chicks, everybody knows that.
Tom

Oops, got my artificial intelligence personalities mixed. I meant Cortana.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The NWO hasn't materialised yet.
Why does anyone think it will?

I would love to live in a world where a NWO came to be. One that basic morality rules. But religionists rule, so it isn't going to happen. They have the power and they care more about the teachings of ethically primitive prophets than the circumstances of the Family of Humanity. Suffering is fine, as long as some long dead warlord gets his way.
Tom

hughwatt

Why does anyone think it will?

I would love to live in a world where a NWO came to be. One that basic morality rules. But religionists rule, so it isn't going to happen. They have the power and they care more about the teachings of ethically primitive prophets than the circumstances of the Family of Humanity. Suffering is fine, as long as some long dead warlord gets his way.
Tom
Whose morality? What form would this Utopian law of order take? Who would be the leader?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Whose morality? What form would this Utopian law of order take? Who would be the leader?
I don't believe that a NWO is even possible. As long as people accept the authorities of religion the Old World Order will rule.

I would like to see a world where people don't accept human authority as a moral requirement. God could do that, if God exists. He could explain things as clearly as Muslims believe that God explained them to Muhammad.

But everyone knows that there is no God who cares that much.
Tom

CogentPhilosopher

Philosophy Student
I've been noticing more and more talk about a NWO in the past few years. What may have once been seen as nothing more than conspiracy theorists with too much time on their hands is now being spoken of in very public circles. So, if we are to accept a NWO is on its way I have a few questions for two types of peoples on whether this is something good or bad, to fear or embrace?

1/ Religious.

2/ Non-religious.

If you fall into group one, your hopes or fears.

Group two, likewise.

What does a NWO mean to you?

I think that the idea of the a NWO makes some people make some bat**** crazy youtube videos that lets skeptics on youtube make entertaining videos debunking them.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
See, the theorists, let's call them that, say globalism is a means of oppressing and suppressing the poor and weak. The strong must be made incapable of resistance.

That sounds like communist theory, which has been largely discredited. It would be more interesting to look at positive reform that's being proposed. There is a great deal of constructive dialogue that goes on with sincere and capable people.

Basically, the world is being manipulated by money people who have so much of it it no longer turns them on. So what do you do when you've had your fill of all things material, you crave power, by any means necessary.

There is that for certain. Obviously any system needs checks and balances. Any system is only as good as the ordinary people that support it.

That being said, does it concern you the world is moving towards a world empire by crude and underhand methods?

The UN was born out of necessity. It does concern me when individuals and group hijack governmental organisations for their own narrow agendas.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
But it's coming, right? What do you fear, if anything and why?

I don't fear the NWO more than I would fear any government or elite body. I'm just a lowly, puny individual who is subject to whatever "order" the powerful groups in control want to impose upon us. I would not fear for myself, no matter what kind of government there is. The only real "fear" I have (which isn't really much of a fear) is that human civilization may stagnate or disintegrate due to mismanagement, corruption, greed, and other such human failings that seem to afflict every great empire or civilization.

With the current course the world is taking, it seems that we're regressing more than progressing, and that's what I fear. Not for myself, but I just think it would be a shame to go backwards instead of forwards.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Why do you assume there'd just be one leader? Any sort of global government would by necessity be somewhat decentralized, with the day-to-day stuff being ran by people lower on the totem pole. The only real purpose of the people in the highest echelons of this government would be to direct funds & resources to the places that need them most.