• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New word of 2008-Manasexual

member85

I think many people would agree with me that the term 'heterosexual' is being loosely used and abused every which way. My friend for example, claims to be straight but has had gay sex with multiple men ?? confusing I know, so I have decided to invent a new word to help straighten this issue out (no pun)

Manasexual- (noun) a male that has never been involved sexually with another male.

It can also be used as a adjective

I hope this word catches on, what does everyone think?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
The first time I heard the term 'bi-curious' my first thought was "how much is it?"

member85

no doubt he's bisexual, but he's in no position to claim he's hetero, so why not invent a new word that puts this issue in a more clear perspective. If you're homosexual, you will sleep with men only. If you're bisexual, you will sleep with men and women and if you're manasexual, you will only sleep with women. I believe this is a fair evaluation. Anyone disagree?

PureX

Veteran Member
Wouldn't he be a 'femasexual' rather than a 'manasexual' if he only has sex with women?

Mike182

Flaming Queer
i think if you break this new 'word' down, you have man, and then asexual - as in describing a non attraction. it would make sense to describe a heterosexual male. making a gay man a femasexual

anyway, i believe labeling a persons sexuality to be down to the individual person, only they know what they think and feel. plus i really don't see it as the business of others to define me or define who i am, so i wouldn't do it to others.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Sounds to me like there is noting wrong with any of the words, it's just that people aren't using them as they are defined. If you decide that any word means what you say it means for the purposes of that conversation, how can we even communicate at all?

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I have to go with Mike on this. It should be up to the person to decide what they are. Telling someone they are something they are not is just disrespectful and rude. OTOH, if he is having relationships with men maybe he's just not comfortable with it enough yet to call himself gay or bisexual, and he might never which is sad if that is truly what he is. But in the end, it's up to him.

Dunemeister

Perhaps the prefix before -sexual should be taken to indicate overall preference or habit, not actual history. Thus a heterosexual person prefers sex, and in the main has sex, with partners of the opposite sex. This doesn't preclude curiosity and experimentation with homosexual encounters. If the number of encounters is roughly equal, we might consider a person bisexual. So if a person has had, say, ten homosexual encounters (or attempted encounters) but has had (attempted to have) sex with 300 partners overall, the person still counts as heterosexual.

'Course, one wonders what the fuss with categories is all about. For conservative Christians, the issue is pretty simple. You must not have sex with anyone other than your lawfully wedded opposite-sex spouse. For those with looser ethics, why this concern to make or put people into categories?