• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New variant = New vaccine

We Never Know

No Slack
In my opinion its going too be a yearly or less thing.

Moderna says an omicron variant vaccine could be ready in early 2022

KEY POINTS
  • Moderna's Chief Medical Officer Paul Burton said Sunday the vaccine maker could roll out a reformulated vaccine against the omicron coronavirus variant early next year.
  • It's not clear whether new formulations will be needed, or if current Covid vaccinations will provide protection against the new variant that has begun to pop up around the globe.
  • Omicron was classified as a "variant of concern" by the WHO last week.
More here....
Moderna says an omicron variant vaccine could be ready in early 2022

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The reason there is a yearly flu vaccine is because the virus that causes flu evolves, no one gripes about them. I see no difference with any fast evolving virus.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
The reason there is a yearly flu vaccine is because the virus that causes flu evolves, no one gripes about them. I see no difference with any fast evolving virus.

I suspect one reason why we don't hear as much anti-vaccine rhetoric with the flu vaccine is because it isn't as pushed as this has been. I don't think there's anything to do about it besides continuing to extol the virtues of vaccination (like, seriously, it's literally a medical miracle!).

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Having a Covid vaccination , will, just like the flue Jab become an annual event.
At some point they may even combine the two into a single Jab.

The flue jab has become routine in the UK for older and vulnerable people. They are called in each year by their GP surgery to be given the latest version.
However people not in those groups probably hear almost nothing about it.

The Pneumonia jab is usually a once in a lifetime thing, so is quite different.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You must be really anti-capitalist. ;)
Why is it that anti-capitalists who post here are never
from anti-capitalist countries, eg, N Korea, Cuba?
Why don't they move to those workers' paradises, eh.

My theory about freedom of speech...
It only exists here because our capitalist patriarchal
oligarchic fascist elite overlords can sell us ever more
phones, computers, & TVs.
Yeah, I know that I'm being exploited by them.
My prodigious posting only serves my masters.
Meh....whatever works, eh.

Lain

So how many are ready and willing to admit new variants and new vaccines are going to be the repeated reality?

I accepted that ages ago, and just like the flu I will just ignore the vaccine and the virus. Never got the flu or a flu vax, never got the COV or a COV vax, it's all the same to me. If only the world as a whole would begin to treat it as the same.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I accepted that ages ago, and just like the flu I will just ignore the vaccine and the virus. Never got the flu or a flu vax, never got the COV or a COV vax, it's all the same to me. If only the world as a whole would begin to treat it as the same.

I’ve also never had a flu or pneumonia shot, and of course to date, the covid shot. My husband gets the flu and pneumonia shots every year. When he asked if he should get the covid shot I told him it was his decision. I did tell him to remember he has a crappy I’m use system. The dog sneezes and he gets sick :rolleyes: (ok, I’m exaggerating as usual :D).

The last time I had the flu was the winter of 1978-79. I may have had it the winter of 1996-97. I felt crappy for two or three days but I can’t be sure it was the flu. I haven’t had as much as a runny nose in almost two years. Nor has anyone I come in close contact with gotten sick. But yeah, I’m a danger to society by passing around a virus I probably don’t even harbor. I do concede that maybe the masks and not working (not touching keyboards, copiers, printers that people blew snot all over, and coughing trying to bring up their livers) helped.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Why is it that anti-capitalists who post here are never
from anti-capitalist countries, eg, N Korea, Cuba?
Why don't they move to those workers' paradises, eh.

My theory about freedom of speech...
It only exists here because our capitalist patriarchal
oligarchic fascist elite overlords can sell us ever more
phones, computers, & TVs.
Yeah, I know that I'm being exploited by them.
My prodigious posting only serves my masters.
Meh....whatever works, eh.

Sex sells.

Ponder This

Lot's of people don't get the flu shot and have a low opinion of it. Either you are not irritated by their talk or they don't talk to you about it.