• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New to Luciferianism

Stardust

My name is Josh and I'm 24 years old. I have always considered myself a pretty spiritual person since I was very young. Over the years I have begun to feel that divinity is something that is found within one's self. I feel the "gods" that people choose to believe in are nothing more than outward projections of an inward reality. Looking at the type of deity that one worships or honors is in essence to looking into the heart and true will of the individual. All its characteristics are reflected in man.
Recently I have come across Luciferianism and I felt drawn to it and feel that it could possibly be the next step I need to take in my spiritual path. I have found a bunch of books online by Michael W. Ford. Now I know that there are a few different Luciferian trads out there but I'm not sure where to go to find the one best suited for myself and my views. I purchased Adveserial Light by Michael W. Ford and unfortunately I had a hard time understanding it. The reason I included a quick overview of my idea on deity is because I was wondering if someone could point out a Luciferian path that's best suited with me based on the little info I provided? My main question though is where do I begin as far as practicing and incorporating it into my spirituality? I'm at a point where I am almost getting bored with my spiritual practices and feel I need something that will be more challenging. I feel my knowledge on religion and spiritual practices are generally quite higher than the average person's but after reading the Michael Ford book I almost feel inadequate. Perhaps its because I am only familar with the basics as far as the occult goes. Most of my spiritual beliefs stem from New Thought, Buddhism and parts of the Independent Scientology movement :)no: I don't believe in Xenu). Now I know that Buddhism and Luciferianism are quite different but for some reason I have been drawn to learn more ever since I first read about the Luciferian path.
I really appreciate any advice or comments you are able to provide.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Eh its an ill.defined term. Study and learn magic, the world, and your self. Do you practice magic?

Stardust

I do not practice magick. I'm interested in learning but most of the stuff I have come across is based on wicca, which I'm not in the least bit interested. I have a book on ritual magick but it doesn't provide much info on the purpose behind the rituals. If I'm going to do magick our ritual I want it to speek to my subconscious but in order for it to do that I need to understand the purpose behind it.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Ohh check out jeremy crow.

And what would you want out of a magical practice? Im a chaote myself with heavy neopagan influences.

Stardust

I would want to use magic for the same reason I do any spiritual practice. For personal transformation, bringing out or connecting with divinity within myself. For me when I think of magic or any spiritual practice at all I always think of change and taking an able person and making them more able in life. I'm probably less interested in using magic for simple things like money spells or love and such things. I feel gnosis or connecting with the divinity within myself is something I would much rather seek after. What is the difference between chaos magic and ritual magic?

Iti oj

Premium Member
I would want to use magic for the same reason I do any spiritual practice. For personal transformation, bringing out or connecting with divinity within myself. For me when I think of magic or any spiritual practice at all I always think of change and taking an able person and making them more able in life. I'm probably less interested in using magic for simple things like money spells or love and such things. I feel gnosis or connecting with the divinity within myself is something I would much rather seek after. What is the difference between chaos magic and ritual magic?

Ohh man ritual magic is like going to catholic school.chaos.magic is like going to a music festival.

Last edited:

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Great, another Ford fan haha.
I'll come back after my final.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Their are some good threads here on chaos magic. I wouldt waste your money on a book if their are any.

Premium Member
If you do not know whether you are a Luciferian or not, it's a safe bet that you aren't. To me, Ford is a Wiccan who likes to wear black clothing, it's Wicca dressed as a LHP philosophy (Sum of Awe highly disagrees haha). Really I would not buy any books claiming to be specific to the path, as they are likely lying. As a Luciferian, my books are whatever draws me in, makes me think. Personally I prefer Egyptian mythology religion wise, as for getting ideas, I read what I like.

Money spells and love spells? No no, magic doesn't even actually accomplish anything on its own, it is psychological. You really have to just practice and mess around and find what works for you. I have been practicing for years and still have not perfected my art. However, personally I find Hermeticism / Thelema itself useful when getting inspiration for magic. That's just me though, it's all about yourSelf, not what we do.

Iti oj

Premium Member
So who/what is lucifer to you. Why do you think your luciferian or that this path is for you.

Stardust

To me Lucifer stands for gnosis, independence, exaltation, responsibility, knowledge and illumination.
im interested in luciferianism because im attracted to what that image stands for. I feel it would be challenging and that is what I need in my spirituality.

Iti oj

Premium Member
To me Lucifer stands for gnosis, independence, exaltation, responsibility, knowledge and illumination.
im interested in luciferianism because im attracted to what that image stands for. I feel it would be challenging and that is what I need in my spirituality.

Ahh cool. So any idea on how your gonna go.about actualizing these things?

Stardust

I'm not quite sure yet. I would like to hear from others that practice luciferianism as well as find some material to read other than by michael ford.

Premium Member
I'm not quite sure yet. I would like to hear from others that practice luciferianism as well as find some material to read other than by michael ford.

What material are you looking for exactly? If you want to "practice Luciferianism" Ford is probably a good way to go, but people like Iti and I certainly cannot help you. To practice a religion is right-hand path, Luciferianism really is no different than Wicca in a sense, so I do not see why you dislike the idea. I'm not sure you'll find many, if any, in this DIR who "practice Luciferianism" (and we are underpopulated as it is).

Last edited by a moderator:

Iti oj

Premium Member
well i am lucifer. so send me gifts!!!!!! and read everthing i write.

you might enjoy Jeremy crows videos on the topic. also im friends with a 3 degree magus in lrs on facebook perhaps i can send you his way. but he might devour you.

how do you feel about auto theism?

they say the lhp is like hearding cats i would say luciferianism is even more so.
To be a luciferian you must first know your self. second know the world. and imo be some kind of magician though i think gnosism can replace magic

Iti oj

Premium Member
i would say luciferianism is a spirtual magic practice where wicca is a religious magical practice and lhp....

Premium Member
i would say luciferianism is a spirtual magic practice where wicca is a religious magical practice and lhp....

Wicca is LHP? I would argue against that highly. As for the idea of "practicing", it does not fit here, it does not register in my Mind. You do not practice Setianism or Luciferianism, you are a Setian or Luciferian. There is nothing that needs to be practiced here. The path is being treated as some sort of religion to be obeyed rather than something completely the opposite.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Wicca is LHP? I would argue against that highly. As for the idea of "practicing", it does not fit here, it does not register in my Mind. You do not practice Setianism or Luciferianism, you are a Setian or Luciferian. There is nothing that needs to be practiced here. The path is being treated as some sort of religion to be obeyed rather than something completely the opposite.

That was a mixup on my part. I meant luciferian is a spiritual magcian wiccan is not lhp i mention it because the op did. I would say its for religious magicians. Lhp is philsophy and setian seems the most magical inclined

Premium Member
That was a mixup on my part. I meant luciferian is a spiritual magcian wiccan is not lhp i mention it because the op did. I would say its for religious magicians. Lhp is philsophy and setian seems the most magical inclined

OP sounded as if the poster is looking for a religion imo. Whole thread in fact, and he won't find it here.