• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Prophet in Town

AmbiguousGuy

Of course not, for example Muhammad was the most humble of men and was not arrogant.

I'm glad to hear it. He sounds a lot like me.

However I chuckled to myself when I saw the irony in: "humble", followed by, "Chicks dig me".

Ah. So you think prophets should not tell jokes about themselves?

Actually, that is one failing which I've noticed in most prophets. I mean, can anyone here quote a joke told by Jesus? How about Muhammad? Did he tell good jokes?

Muhktar

Alhamdulillah
Muhammad was not a jester, his purpose was not to make people laugh.
You seem to giving off an "I'm so awesome" aura as well, which seems rather arrogant, which does not sit hand-in-hand with humility.
I also sense troll attributes.

AmbiguousGuy

Muhammad was not a jester, his purpose was not to make people laugh.

Humor is of God. So one sign of a true prophet is the telling of good jokes.

I'm not saying that Muhammed was untrue -- but only that humor is one sign of a true prophet.

You seem to giving off an "I'm so awesome" aura as well, which seems rather arrogant, which does not sit hand-in-hand with humility.

I can't blame you for not knowing about humor being of God. It's not a truth which many prophets have expressed so far.

I also sense troll attributes.

I don't know what you mean. What are some attributes of a troll, and which of those attributes do you see in me?

AmbiguousGuy

u b pushin' ma buttons on purpose u c

Didn't Muhammed say something about him being the last prophet?

If that's the case, then I can see how any claim of prophethood might push your buttons -- along with the buttons of most other prophet followers. But I really don't see what can be done about that. Would you have me deny my own nature?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
u b pushin' ma buttons on purpose u c

Why? Because you came into his intro thread trying to push his and it backfired? :D

Welcome again, AmbiguousGuy.

According to DWBHism the ability to laugh off insults is indeed the sign of a true prophet.
icon14.gif

(now if you can wiggle your ears too....)