• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Muslim Saudi Guy.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Dear All:

I registered here planning to only read and see how people from different religions get along with each other. I just thought it is rude to join without introducing my self. Then again, about the only reading part, who knows!!

I'm Muslim from Saudi Arabia and I have many friends of different religions. We all show nothing but respect to each other.

We have a saying here that goes; if the reason is known, wondering is gone, (roughly translated by Yours Truly and failed to make it rhyme :rolleyes:) so I ask of you to kindly not take Islam and Saudi Arabia for what the media or haters show, or for what they have to give, without knowing the reason and moral behind it.

It's really sad how people insult each other's religions on Youtube and other media.

Oh yeah, you don't see many Saudis on English communities because we are bad in Inglizy... I mean English :)

Well, good to be here everyone :angel2:

Last edited:

AmbiguousGuy

Hey, Smart Guy and welcome. What's your background with English? You sound like you've lived among English speakers.

If not, you should change your handle to SuperDuper Smart Guy.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Thanks again guys. Last time I misspelled "kind" to "king" (edited now), but not this time, so you're too kind :)

Greetings!

Please jump in & post when something interests you.

Thanks, but it is not likely for me to post about religions. I fear I would hurt someone's feelings unintentionally. Otherwise, and I mean in not deep religious topics, I'd love to.

Then again, and I repeat, who knows :)

Hey, Smart Guy and welcome. What's your background with English? You sound like you've lived among English speakers.

If not, you should change your handle to SuperDuper Smart Guy.

Thanks man.

It's nice to see others appreciate your hard work. I'm actually not super duper in any thing. As a matter of fact, no even smart in anything. I don't even remember why I chose this nickname :eek:

I learned my English mainly from video games, TV and love for technology :rolleyes:. I then joined English college but that did not really help in practice, as education and English in general here are really bad, but rather only in grammar and vocabulary, although not as much as from the first three means. Just lately I join a construction company that I managed to practice the language, as most of them here do not know Arabic, and even though not with native English users so it was not good for the receptive part of practicing it.

I learn English the hard way :sad4:

Btw, I found out recently that "smart" in Urdu, which is a language not used by Arabs, means handsome. Wow, I never knew I was handsome until now :cool:

Peace Be Upon You

Welcome to RF. Nice to see some Muslims representing from Saudi Arabia!

Peace, Mercy and Blessings Be Upon you too kind Sir. (full Islamic greeting translated)

Thanks.

If only Saudis knew English better :)

Salaam and welcome!

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

Thanks.

Forgive me for typing it in Arabic. I either do it translated in English (it is not Quraan so it is okay) or in Arabic. When I turn the switch to use the other language that is :)

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Thanks, but it is not likely for me to post about religions. I fear I would hurt someone's feelings without intentions. Otherwise, I'd love to.

Then again, and I repeat, who knows :).
We all risk offending others accidentally.
Even I have done it once or twice....yes, it's true!
To speak your mind serves the greater good.

Jaskaran Singh

Divosūnupriyaḥ
Btw, I found out recently that "smart" in Urdu, which is a language not used by Arabs, means handsome. Wow, I never knew I was handsome until now :cool:

Not really. If someone were to say تم سمارٹ لگ رہے ہو (tum smart lag rahe ho, trans. you are looking smart), then it could by used to mean that you look handsome, but the word "smart" is pretty much a loan word from English. In that sense, it still means intelligent, but the literal meaning can change depending on the context.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
We all risk offending others accidentally.
Even I have done it once or twice....yes, it's true!
To speak your mind serves the greater good.

You must be a tough guy :)

I personally am too sensitive to this. When I just feel I did something wrong towards someone, my whole day turns miserable :(

And thanks for the encouragement Sir.

Hello and welcome. :)

Thanks Ma'am/Sir :)

Not really. If someone were to say تم سمارٹ لگ رہے ہو (tum smart lag rahe ho, trans. you are looking smart), then it could by used to mean that you look handsome, but the word "smart" is pretty much a loan word from English. In that sense, it still means intelligent, but the literal meaning can change depending on the context.

Aha, so that's why it always comes in the context with "look smart" to just /imply/ being handsome.

Hmm..

Thanks for the heads up.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Thanks guys (I mean both male and female of course) :)

Kindest of regards,

Smart Guy :D

Last edited: