• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Life

SCRAPPY-DOO

Hi Im SCRAPPY DOO Im new here and need some and answer . My question is Why do we focus so much energy on matrial things and objest when getting a divorce . If anyone can help me . I would greatly appreciate it .

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
SCRAPPY-DOO said:
Hi Im SCRAPPY DOO Im new here and need some and answer . My question is Why do we focus so much energy on matrial things and objest when getting a divorce . If anyone can help me . I would greatly appreciate it .
Hey, Scrappy, welcome! I'm sorry I can't help with your question, since I've never been through a divorce myself. But we've got a great group of people here, so I would imagine someone else can. Meanwhile, enjoy yourself here.

SCRAPPY-DOO

Thank you and it is great to be here . Theres is just some much Im goin Through and need alot of support . So if any one can help me go with the flow of my changes . I know it will be through talkin with lots of people thanks for the reply .

Melody

SCRAPPY-DOO said:

I don't know Scrappy as I've never been divorced. I can play armchair psychologist though and guess that it can be a number of reasons including a need for financial security, revenge, greed or just a "screw them before they screw you" attitude.

I'm sure others with experience in the area might be able to offer something better.

Welcome to the RF btw.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Greetings and welcome,

I hope you enjoy it here at the forums :)

Puppy Power!

lasthope

Why is it that it has to be ugly . cant we just all get along . I was married for 5 years and she was everything to me and my daughter . I thought she loved me and not my money . we had everything going for us new life and bringing in good money . she wants it all . And the only thing I want was her love and understanding . I went to court today and all I got today was my daughters things . Maybe thats all I wanted . I dont care anymore . She showed me a side of her that I can only fight in the court room . But , where to draw the line before it gets ugly?

This was a post by Scrappy-Doo. He was using my computer at the time and didn't realize I was still logged in when he started typing. Just wanted to clarify this. Thanks:sorry1:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
SCRAPPY-DOO said:

Hi SCRAPPY-DOO,

Welcome to Religious Forums!

Like others, I haven't been through a divorce, but maybe people concentrate on material things to stop them from thinking too much about their real feelings ?

You might want to see our guide for our newer members that might be helpful, and which contains a link to the Forum rules which you ought to read. Please feel free to ask questions at any time, too!
icon7.gif

ChrisP

Veteran Member
SCRAPPY-DOO said:
Hey Scrappy ;) I'm ChrisP, not your Uncle... don't let the Avatar fool you.

I've not been a party personally to any divorce, but have seen what some of my friends have gone through. Perhaps it has something to do with wanting to spite the other person, by taking away something... well... that's what it looks like from the outside anyway.

But then, the other person wants to keep it... it almost seems like a form of oneupmanship and less about the things than it is about "winning".

So there's my convoluted answer

Oh and welcome! Hope you enjoy your time here.

SCRAPPY-DOO

thank you all for greeting me into what I belive to be fun and interesting place . look forward to talking with all of you about everything

Purple Thyme

Hi Scrappy Doo! Hope you enjoy it here. I'm sure someone here can help you through your rough time. Good Luck.:foryou:

SunMessenger

Catholic
Welcome!!!
It is always nice to see new members. The Moderators are very helpful here. Do not hesitate in contacting them if You have a question .

I Hope You Enjoy Yourself And God Bless !