• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mythos40

Before World War I, human understanding of physical cosmology, angels, and God was very limited. Traditional theism, pantheism, and panentheism existed only in relation to the very limited cosmology all around (i.e., nearby cosmic bodies only). A number of key things in physics, theology, and pop culture happened since then:

a) Edwin Hubble's discovery of another galaxy
b) Renaissance of limited theism in relation to its medieval origins, mainly in response to genocide in the 20th century
c) Process theology's continuation of panentheism (thereby making it distinct from limited theism)
d) String theory and the possibility of alternate dimensions
e) George Lucas's popularization of pantheism via "The Force"
f) Marvel's popularization of alternate dimensions (from multiverses and megaverses all the way to the omniverse, while non-Marvel sources have polyverses, ultraverses, metaverses, and so on)

Have all these developments paved the way to reconcile seemingly different theological concepts?

Could each alternate dimension have a "pantheistic force" (nowhere near being truly pantheistic) which is composed of all things in its universe?

Could each physical cosmological level above, per the last development listed earlier, have a corresponding "pantheistic force," too?

Could each alternate dimension have a "panentheistic angel" (nowhere near being truly panentheistic) which is greater than its universe and yet includes and interpenetrates that universe?

Could each physical cosmological level above, per the last development listed earlier, have a corresponding "panentheistic angel," too?

Above and beyond all these lower "forces" and "angels" would be the God of limited theism: not omnipotent, not omniscient, not omnipresent (especially if evil is defined as the absence of good), yet omnibenevolent and well beyond these parallel hierarchies of "forces" and "angels."

Ellen Brown

Um...Mostly yes. Old style theology is aging out. My sole reservation being that for the Universe that we know, the Intelligence, the Creator, the God that we see is Omnipotent to us, or at least me. I think that you have outlined the common man's Quantum Physics, and I often wonder if many of the unexplained things in Religious books could be explained by the Godly figures functioning in more than one dimension.

It will be interesting reading what you have to say.