• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New anti-virus mask (you can use for a long time)

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
so this argument is weak, very weak.
"Folks who don't know how to wear them properly tend to touch their faces a lot and actually can increase the spread of coronavirus," Adams said.

This is the important point... watch people who are wearing masks out and about... they touch their face much more often and that leads to increased infections.

whirlingmerc

They want you to give your mask to hospitals, so this argument is weak, very weak. All have google, and you don't need a university degree to find out how masks work.

Use Common Sense is extremely important

If nothing else, can a silk scarf help somewhat?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
If nothing else, can a silk scarf help somewhat?
Masks are useful to not spread corona, while sneezing, with which saliva/corona comes out. So, if all people use masks, obviously corona won't spread that easy (unless WHO lied about the above).

I read a doctor said that masks need to be ffp2 minimum. But if you don't have, I would use silk scarf, and just keep my mouth shut, and keep 3m distance. And wear glasses.

Just be careful, avoid people when outside

stvdv

"Folks who don't know how to wear them properly tend to touch their faces a lot and actually can increase the spread of coronavirus," Adams said.

This is the important point... watch people who are wearing masks out and about... they touch their face much more often and that leads to increased infections.
Another doctor said, that wearing a mask is good, because you can't put your corona finger in your mouth. AND wearing a mask, makes you more aware of the danger. It's all about awareness and common sense and priorities.

stvdv

I honestly don't see a use of wearing it unless I have a cold or other viruses that may worsen the coronavirus affect.
WHO advices to wear a mask if you have corona, so that you don't infect others. Unless this is a lie, it would be best that all wear a mask, so nobody infects others. It's as simple as that, I think. But even better to stay alone at home

But if you don't trust WHO, then don't do it

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
WHO advices to wear a mask if you have corona, so that you don't infect others. Unless this is a lie, it would be best that all wear a mask, so nobody infects others.

But if you don't trust WHO, then don't do it

You said wear a mask even if you have corona. I don't. The risks of this respiratory condition isn't air born. It also doesn't fly from one household to another unless a person is in a tight area where people cough on each other, touch, and like behaviors just as any other coronavirus.

Not everyone is in high risk of this condition and many people aren't in areas that would bring them at high risk overnight. It's more common sense and context. If I went off every other website I'd be in a psych word right now.

WHO: If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection. When and how to use masks

It's a person to person choice to wear a mask not like medicine where if you don't take it at the right time, it would send you to the hospital.

stvdv

You said wear a mask even if you have corona. I don't. The risks of this respiratory condition isn't air born. It also doesn't fly from one household to another unless a person is in a tight area where people cough on each other, touch, and like behaviors just as any other coronavirus.

Not everyone is in high risk of this condition and many people aren't in areas that would bring them at high risk overnight. It's more common sense and context. If I went off every other website I'd be in a psych word right now.

WHO: If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection. When and how to use masks

It's a person to person choice to wear a mask not like medicine where if you don't take it at the right time, it would send you to the hospital.
I said "if you have corona" AND "don't want to infect others".

Obviously this (the above) implies, that you put yourself in situations where this is the case. If you are alone in your house, obvioulsly you don't need a mask.

Also, you can be without symptoms, while having corona AND infecting others, even killing them, being unaware.

Hence, some countries make you pay a fine or like in India, beat you with a stick or make you do push ups or squats, when, going out without mask. Just to make you aware, to also think about others, hence to wear a mask.

Indeed it's 'more common sense'.
Best to stay alone in your house as to not get it
Best to not worry as to keep your immune up

With this it's NOT person to person choice. IF you infect others, while it could have been prevented by a mask, it's on you.

Note: It can take many days, after infection, that symptoms show up. But, all the time you could have infected hundreds of people ready.

China had it under control relatively quick. Did you know that police welded doors of corona patients, just to make sure they were not going out, infecting others.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Obviously this (the above) implies, that you put yourself in situations where this is the case. If you are alone in your house, obviously you don't need a mask.

Like I said. It depends on your general health and environment. Respiratory viruses doesn't pop in and out of people's homes without some sort of risk of infection.

Also, you can be without symptoms, while having corona AND infecting others, even killing them, being unaware.

Yes. Many people can. I'm not saying the seriousness isn't justified just WHO also gives some perspective about wearing masks and why it's not "deadly necessary" for some people as it would be for others.

QUOTE="stvdv, post: 6589372, member: 63948"]Hence, some countries make you pay a fine or like in India, beat you with a stick or make you do push ups or squats, when, going out without mask. Just to make you aware, to also think about others, hence to wear a mask.[/QUOTE]

United States hasn't got that far. I understand the masks, but the toilet paper!

I was told earlier that the US government said something about it and people started rushing from their homes to the store. At Giant people are waiting in lines at opening for toilet paper (etc).

Indeed it's 'more common sense'.

Best to stay alone in your house as to not get it
Best to not worry as to keep your immune up

Yeah. I don't know why I'm not one to jump up and down over this. The worse the problem, the more I'm indifferent to it. If I know I can't change it, I preserve my energy and shut down. But other people, I'm not sure. I honestly don't know how to interpret the situation. Maybe if Jesus came as judgement day, it may spark a bigger reaction.

To tell you honestly, if I had the ability, I'd probably volunteer and help others. Don't ask why. Just wish there was something I can do.

With this it's NOT person to person choice. IF you infect others, while it could have been prevented by a mask, it's on you.

We are not forced to wear masks. The US hasn't made it illegal, so I'm not sure where you're getting this. (Keep forgetting not everyone is from the US here)

Note: It can take many days, after infection, that symptoms show up. But, all the time you could have infected hundreds of people ready.

Yes. I know. I think the incubation period is, what, 14 days. My main confusion is how its contagious compared to other coronaviruses that weren't completely so. Probably SARs but I'd have to double check. Was reading about all the coronaviruses earlier to get more of an idea of what people are talking about.

China had it under control relatively quick. Did you know that police welded doors of corona patients, just to make sure they were not going out, infecting others.

Yes. I don't know how to react to other countries situations. I don't watch politics because it gets me physically and mentally sick. Past couple of weeks I've been watching in and out and looking up the facts on the virus. I get the seriousness of it, but I'm just not reactive.

stvdv

United States hasn't got that far. I understand the masks, but the toilet paper!
Toiletpaper?

I did say squats = exersizes, the police make them do, as in below video. They are good for health also. India is really serious in lockdown now. Smart they do this, because so many people all living on top of each other. If corona would strike it might kill millions (unless they all have a good immune system). They are lucky it's 30-40 degrees there (at least they say in summer it might get less).

Note: I would not call this extreme force as the article says, that's just the Indian way to educate. And education is very much needed on corona, and fast.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...-force-on-coronavirus-lockdown-violators/amp/

stvdv

We are not forced to wear masks. The US hasn't made it illegal, so I'm not sure where you're getting this. (Keep forgetting not everyone is from the US here)
No, you are fine. You do nothing illegal. And I don't expect USA to go very extreme. Mask usage maybe, but not longterm lockdown; it would kill their economy.

I just gave the facts, that, when all stay inside or wearing good masks when outside would be best to defeat corona, but might kill economy.

So they need to make a compromise. 80% won't die anyway (that's what they think now). So, humanity will survive. We (Holland) are not forced either, yet.

Such extreme action they might only take if they fear millions (or they themselves) are going to be killed. Now it's only a few thousand (Holland 80 death/17million/day). So they hope, this extreme action won't be needed.

And they can't enforce this either, as their is a shortage of masks, and when they enforce, then hospitals would have less masks. So obviously they won't enforce.

But having seen China, Iran, Italy I have no illusion. Unless extreme action is taken, corona seems to win from humans (from the 20% who are not strong; but that's how it goes in nature always. Humans love to control, but that's not always possible).

stvdv

Yeah. I don't know why I'm not one to jump up and down over this. The worse the problem, the more I'm indifferent to it. If I know I can't change it, I preserve my energy and shut down. But other people, I'm not sure
I understand you. I have the same feeling.

I like to learn about corona, but I have not worried yet. But that's easy for me to say, because I have the luxury of being quite sick, so no job, so I can self isolate and be safe. Doctors having to work without masks, because there are none, are really brave, having to face the fear of getting corona.

Wish you all the best

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No, you are fine. You do nothing illegal. And I don't expect USA to go very extreme. Mask usage maybe, but not longterm lockdown; it would kill their economy.

I just gave the facts, that, when all stay inside or wearing good masks when outside would be best to defeat corona, but might kill economy.

So they need to make a compromise. 80% won't die anyway (that's what they think now). So, humanity will survive. We (Holland) are not forced either, yet.

Such extreme action they might only take if they fear millions (or they themselves) are going to be killed. Now it's only a few thousand (Holland 80 death/17million/day). So they hope, this extreme action won't be needed.

And they can't enforce this either, as their is a shortage of masks, and when they enforce, then hospitals would have less masks. So obviously they won't enforce.

But having seen China, Iran, Italy I have no illusion. Unless extreme action is taken, corona seems to win from humans (from the 20% who are not strong; but that's how it goes in nature always. Humans love to control, but that's not always possible).

I'm still a bit offput. Since the coronavirus is a respiratory virus and these viruses (cold, phemonia, etc) transmit by touch (simply) how could people all over the world "all of the sudden" be affected all at the same time?

US is pretty big so jumping States is surprising in itself.

They say it's because of travel but there's still something not quite right. Can't put my finger on it.

stvdv

I'm still a bit offput. Since the coronavirus is a respiratory virus and these viruses (cold, phemonia, etc) transmit by touch (simply) how could people all over the world "all of the sudden" be affected all at the same time?

US is pretty big so jumping States is surprising in itself.

They say it's because of travel but there's still something not quite right. Can't put my finger on it.
Exactly. Something feels wrong to me too. Especially, that specific countries are targeted by corona, as if corona is an intelligent virus, which could only happen in Hollywood movies.

A few years back a friend told me, that the elite wants to decimate the world population; Europe first.

I told him, I don't believe in these conspiracy theories, and I argued "they need to kill at least China and India and Africa, to get a bit close to decimation. Europe is just 700 million, and how to do. Nuclear will kill them too, so must be bacterial war".

Now seeing corona, I wonder ..... I won't be surprised, if it's man-created. It would solve over population, climate problem, pollution problem, clean air.

Last edited:

stvdv

stvdv

Some conspiracy thoughts I got, after hearing what a Chinese admiral said about USA (see link below, the first few minutes are full of interesting {not friendly} quotes, the below quote starts at 04m08s):

"USA is scared of casualties, we should sink 2 of their aircraft carriers AND kill 10.000 Americans, and see how freightened they will be". This was in a debate, and the Chinese debater said "Ah, I don't take such comments serious". Before this he made clear, that China sees USA as it's biggest aggressor (02m28s).

04m08s:

I do take it seriously, when people say horrible things, there is usually some truth in it. And true, nuclear war they will lose, bacterial war is the smart way to go.

And they accused USA of bringing virus to China, while they have a Lab in Wuhan themselves. But then, why they had Wuhan outbreak? Maybe they just staged it, like a good movie.

Or there is some other country trying to create a new World order. Could be even terrorists or people trying to save the planet. Or they just dropped a vial. Or it were indeed the animals from the market (if that's the case, I think this market should be forbidden from now on).

I don't know, but something feels wrong indeed. Nothing I can do, so I relax, wait and see. Within 1 year, I think we know whether there was foul play or not. I hope my feeling is wrong.

But I'm quite sure the rich (1%) will get more rich and the rest more poor.

Last edited:

stvdv

A few interesting facts are shown in this video. In the first 4 minutes they talk about Corona virus in China.

The so called facts on the site worldometer, obviously are plain wrong for China (ca. 4000 death)
IF China has been lying about these facts they put out on the internet, you still trust other facts?

Then it continues and gets really interesting, or I rather call it demonic, how the American Chinese speaks

@stvdvRF

exchemist

Veteran Member
A few interesting facts are shown in this video. In the first 4 minutes they talk about Corona virus in China.

The so called facts on the site worldometer, obviously are plain wrong for China (ca. 4000 death)
IF China has been lying about these facts they put out on the internet, you still trust other facts?

Then it continues and gets really interesting, or I rather call it demonic, how the American Chinese speaks

@stvdvRF
Well for a start I don't get my facts from YouTube videos.:rolleyes:

Who made up this crap anyway?

P.S. Data from any source should always be checked to see the basis on which it was compiled. Worldometer is totally open about where its data comes from: Worldometer - About us

It reports government figures. It does not pretend otherwise.

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
IF you can't handle facts THEN don't watch it, as simple as that
I can and do handle facts all the time. What I do not deal in is crap, if I can avoid it. Most YouTube videos are crap. Therefore I do not rely on them for facts, unless I know they have been made by a reputable organisation. I've never heard of this bunch and would not trust them further than I could throw them (as we say in England). :D

stvdv

I can and do handle facts all the time. What I do not deal in is crap, if I can avoid it. Most YouTube videos are crap. Therefore I do not rely on them for facts, unless I know they have been made by a reputable organisation. I've never heard of this bunch and would not trust them further than I could throw them (as we say in England). :D
Aha, how you phrased it now, I can appreciate:D