• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New anti-virus mask (you can use for a long time)

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

Good news, in "challenging corona times":
In Israel they have a great invention. They can now make masks you can use for a long time (starting soon)
Tests have shown that Sonovia’s treated textiles work against six types of bacteria including E. coli and Staph. Effectiveness lasts for up to 100 washes at 75°C (167°F) or 65 washes at 92°C (197°F).

New antiviral masks from Israel may help stop deadly coronavirus:
New antiviral masks from Israel may help stop deadly coronavirus

Skwim

Veteran Member
Unfortunately, (from the link)

"Like the Sonovia textile, CottonX has not been tested for effectiveness against the 2019-nCoV coronavirus."​

So we'll have to wait to see how these tests pan out before uncorking any champagne.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My brother in law has recently seen someone wearing a long lasting mask

image064.jpg

stvdv

My brother in law has recently seen someone wearing a long lasting mask

I tried to buy this type today, but then the "new version". Sadly, they were out of stock.
Mouth/nose mask won't protect enough. You need to protect "eye entrance" also
And Europa is flooding with Corona now, so probably this is the safest type

Daemon Sophic

Especially useful during sex.
Yes. 0% risk of sex while wearing this mask.

....wellllll, OK, there are some freaks out there. Sooo.....0.001% risk of sex annually, assuming you’re actively seeking it out. You dirty, dirty person!
giphy.gif

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I tried to buy this type today, but then the "new version". Sadly, they were out of stock.
Mouth/nose mask won't protect enough. You need to protect "eye entrance" also
And Europa is flooding with Corona now, so probably this is the safest type

its a ww2 gas mask, brother in law saw a guy in the queue for the cash machine wearing one

exchemist

Veteran Member

In Israel they have a great invention. They can now make masks you can use for a long time (starting soon)

This looks like a waste of time to me. From what I read, the problem with all these dinky little masks over the mouth and nose is that (a) they don't seal properly against the face and ( b ) they let viruses in via the eyes. Proper PPE employs a full face mask.

stvdv

This looks like a waste of time to me. From what I read, the problem with all these dinky little masks over the mouth and nose is that (a) they don't seal properly against the face and ( b ) they let viruses in via the eyes. Proper PPE employs a full face mask.
Yes, that's what I said. But it's a good invention, as it kills the virus AND can be used longterm. Regular mouth/nose masks don't kill the corona

Together with my swimming goggles it's almost perfect, maybe a welding mask to make it better. Just enough for shopping (what can not be done online), for the rest stay at home.

https://contents.mediadecathlon.com...kelmasker+Easybreath+turquoise.webp?f=250x250

Last edited:

stvdv

I disagree, as do some experts in viruses:
"The CDC, it's like they're talking out of both sides of their mouth," Yang said. "One side of their mouth is telling the general public, 'Hey, you don't need masks, forget about it.' The other side is, 'Health care workers need to wear N95 respirators.'"

"Is that a double standard?" Yang said. "Are they valuing some people more than others?"
Should you wear a face mask to prevent COVID-19? Experts disagree. | Live Science

I prefer to use common sense (stay inside, 3m distance if I must go out, ffp3, full-face mask):
Homemade cloth masks offer limited protection against COVID-19 — here's how to make them and use them safely | Live Science

In the past, infectious disease experts questioned the value of homemade cloth masks as a defense against viruses like the flu. But now those same experts are urging medical professionals who only have access to limited protective equipment to use homemade cloth masks if they have absolutely no other option.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now recommends that health care providers with absolutely no other option use a bandana or scarf when treating patients with COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus. However,this should ideally be paired with a face shield, and even then, the impact on disease reduction is unknown.

Last edited:

stvdv

Why masks are good. Suppose infected person sneezes. Accidental bypassing fly catches corona (which stays alive on the fly) and flies in your unmasked mouth.

Happened to me, with corona-free mosquitos

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I only see the use of masks for the people who already have illnesses to make them at higher risk for respiratory conditions than the regular healthy Joe Smoe.

When and how to use masks

If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.

Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.

Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.

If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.

-

I was trying to find who started the toilet paper crisis. Someone told me couple ours ago it was said from the government.

stvdv

there's this though ...

"Stanford University researchers have found that N95 masks can be effectively sterilized and reused without affecting their filtration ability."

mask-ppe-EBM-v1.1-3-22-20.pdf - Box
Good to know, I also read, that if washing above 75 Celsius, it won't fit as perfect, so some virus might crawl in from the sides (which makes sense, remembering myself washing cloth at too high temperature). But anything is better than nothing IMO (just keep 3m instead of 1.5m)

stvdv

India advises 1.8m instead of 1.5m. But that's understandable as in India they spit like Lamas. At least that was happening, when I was there in the years 1990 till 2014

stvdv

They want you to give your mask to hospitals, so this argument is weak, very weak. All have google, and you don't need a university degree to find out how masks work.

Use Common Sense is extremely important

"You can increase your risk of getting it by wearing a mask if you are not a health care provider," Adams said during an interview on Fox & Friends on Monday morning.