• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

new age beliefs thats wrong

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I have read many new age books.

Toltec wisdom books, books by marianne williamson and now The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer

I am disappointed with the books

According to them, God is love, God do not judge, and all go directly to heaven.

Yes God is love and God not not judge but our actions do have consequences.

Yes in the end all souls is back with God, but before that some souls have to do many reincarnations on this earth to get rid of karma.

This is my beliefs

What do you think about this? It is really true that all people go directly to heaven? Or if is a half-true like i believe?

Half-truths is no good..

For Half-truths is no good, how is that true? ;)

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member

Toltec wisdom books, books by marianne williamson and now The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer

According to them, God is love, God do not judge, and all go directly to heaven.

Yes in the end all souls is back with God, but before that some souls have to do many reincarnations on this earth to get rid of karma.

This is my beliefs

What do you think about this? It is really true that all people go directly to heaven? Or if is a half-true like i believe?

Half-truths is no good..
For the most part, I agree with your assessment.

While I have never read Marianne Williamson or Michael A. Singer, I have read Don Miguez Ruiz's books on Toltec philosophy and have found them invaluable (at least the first couple of them before they turned into a cash cow) in my own life and have seen its impact on the lives of others. I think it's also important to not that in Toltec philosophy, heaven isn't a place, but a state of being brought about by changing how one views the world.

I find it helpful to shed the concept of a Kingdom of Heaven™ as a destination awarded righteous souls after death in order to understand heaven from a Toltec perspective.

Also, it's useful to not that Toltec philosophy isn't exactly "new age." The Toltec empire occurred between the 10th and 12th century CE.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you mean you are disappointed just because someone doesn't completely agree with you?
Is that what you took away from (or more accurately, read into) the OP? Well, that's disappointing. Not surprising. Just disappointing.

Oh man... Get ready for some more then.
How does one do this? Does one need to apply makeup? Brush one's teeth or comb one's hair? Pick out a nice outfit?

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Is that what you took away from (or more accurately, read into) the OP? Well, that's disappointing. Not surprising. Just disappointing.

Hey, it is against the forum rules to fully express what I took away from that post. Be satisfied with what I have provided.

How does one do this? Does one need to apply makeup? Brush one's teeth or comb one's hair? Pick out a nice outfit?

Acceptance.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
There is actually no original bible in existence so your post is a bit moot.

While printing presses exist and christians want a bible to prove their christianity then printing companies will prosper.
The Codex Vaticanus Graecus 1209, the oldest known complete Bible, is said to be stored in the Vatican Apostolic Archive (Vatican Library).

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The Codex Vaticanus Graecus 1209, the oldest known complete Bible, is said to be stored in the Vatican Apostolic Archive (Vatican Library).

It is early, belived to be written 2 to 3 hundred years after JCs death, unfortunately incomplete and believed to have been translated from an earlier, now nonexistent bible.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
New Age is a rather large category.
Also one of the most hotly contested
terms in a long while.

So it does not surprise me that you are disappointed with books that cover an area of New Age that do not align with your beliefs.
yes you are correct

new age is a very large category

Starlight

As I understand it (and this is admittedly limited), the New Age movement as a whole was in part a reaction against the institutionalized gatekeeping that sometimes happens within various Christian traditions. It instead favors a more Universalist approach of love and light and spiritual ascension for all, with no conditions. No need to get rid of karma, no need to pass any tests, you are lovely just the way you are and worthy just the way you are. Positivity is the New Age butter on their bread of personal religious/spiritual growth and development that has liberated itself from institutional religion. It is an important and needed story who were caught up in the mire of toxicity.

Later, when the New Age pathwalker has cast off the burdens of their Christian tradition that fed them toxic myths of sin and damnation, judgement and hellfire, they can (and usually do) approach the issues of consequences and responsibility from a more grounded perspective. Whether or not this is implicit or explicit in the New Age literature I couldn't say, as my exposure to it is minimal.
Most new age groups is against eternal damnation and fear-based beliefs . BUT that actions has consequences is most new agers groups agree on

Starlight

Wow you are a big reader. Wish I could say the same.

My thinking is that because people are internally unable to be consistent that half truth is about all people can handle usually. For example we cannot all agree about basic things when we are on different sides...such as in the deliberation of wills. If dad dies then the children always think their way is correct. It demonstrates how difficult it is to even perceive what is or isn't true.
Hehe yes i am a big reader. i love spiritual and religious books

Starlight

I should hope not

That would mean God is not just

I would want God to be just

And I have faith that he is just

Some people don't deserve to go to Heaven so if they do that would be wrong and would mean God is not just
i agree with you

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal

This is my beliefs

Half-truths is no good..
I don't approach these sort of beliefs that may conflict with my own as "wrong". I just see those beliefs as undesirable or even abhorrent. Still, perhaps, not "wrong". Probably because I am aware that many of my beliefs other people may find undesirable or abhorrent. Some would call my beliefs "wrong".

Starlight

Just because a belief is different than yours doesn't mean it's wrong.
yes thats correct

but

i really hope it is not true that all people no matter what go to directly to heaven. i hope our actions have consequences. Because I believe God is love and just

Audie

Veteran Member
yes thats correct

but

i really hope it is not true that all people no matter what go to directly to heaven. i hope our actions have consequences. Because I believe God is love and just
Bible- "god" behaviour is good and just?

Not by the standards of any human society.

Flood- killing all the firstborn- torture job for a bet-
Sodom and Gomorrah- child sacrifice-directing
soldiers to kill all but the virgin girls-

More like a psycho monster.

Starlight

Bible- "god" behaviour is good and just?

Not by the standards of any human society.

Flood- killing all the firstborn- torture job for a bet-
Sodom and Gomorrah- child sacrifice-directing
soldiers to kill all but the virgin girls-

More like a psycho monster.

I believe God has no religion. God is beyond religion

And no, i do not believe God has done what is written in the old testament