• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Neanderthals: The Cannibals?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I'm not extinct.
According to my DNA I have more Neanderthal DNA than 92% of people tested.
That makes me more Neanderthal than Elizabeth Warren is Native American.
In terms of regions of the world, the highest percent of Neanderthal genes are found in Asia, although it's only a very small percent of the average. I can't remember what % that is, however.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
In terms of regions of the world, the highest percent of Neanderthal genes are found in Asia, although it's only a very small percent of the average. I can't remember what % that is, however.

My report said it is less than 2%. Doesn't quantify it any further. :shrug:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The Role of Cannibalism in the Extinction of the Neandertals

There may be a link between cannibalism and the decline of Neanderthals. Yum yum yum.

I wonder if they tasted good ;).

A little humerous snippet, i once got a good ticking off for sticking my finger in a Neanderthals eye socket. I was at the museum helping to catalog some Neanderthal artifacts. The anthropologist in charge presented me with a male Neanderthal skull to examine. First thing i did was poke him in the eye (well you do don't you?). Actually to feel the texture of the orbit but it looked bad.

Last edited:

Suave

Simulated character
I'm not extinct.
According to my DNA I have more Neanderthal DNA than 92% of people tested.
That makes me more Neanderthal than Elizabeth Warren is Native American.
Unfortunately, having Neanderthal DNA won't help Neanderthals get into a prestigious university; whereas being Native American would be considered a most favorable attribute for admission into most U.S. colleges.

Elizabeth-Warren-not-an-Indian.jpg

Accepted applicant!

24773_102_1160_NDQzMzY4ODE4MTU2NzYyMjc4NQ.jpg

Rejected applicant!

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
You go on a head I’m having a ball,joke of course yuk but canabalism is still practised today,the Pygmy people of the Congo have been a tasty treat for sometime.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Unfortunately, having Neanderthal DNA won't help Neanderthals get into a prestigious university; whereas being Native American would be considered a most favorable attribute for admission into most U.S. colleges.

Elizabeth-Warren-not-an-Indian.jpg

Accepted applicant!

24773_102_1160_NDQzMzY4ODE4MTU2NzYyMjc4NQ.jpg

Rejected applicant!

umm... How did you get a hold of my college application picture? o_O