• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nature with all its grace

Bear Wild

DSC03827.JPG

Life in its graceful beauty. Saint Lawrence River surrounded by whales.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
View attachment 27051
Life in its graceful beauty. Saint Lawrence River surrounded by whales.
Beautiful photo, I wish I could get out more to see what is in nature but for now photos will have to suffice.

Sometimes I think that animals might be the only thing worth living for. I love them so much. People all say I have too many cats. I tell them one can never have too many cats. :)

Beautiful photo, I wish I could get out more to see what is in nature but for now photos will have to suffice.

Sometimes I think that animals might be the only thing worth living for. I love them so much. People all say I have too many cats. I tell them one can never have too many cats. :)
Cats are awesome. I like them way more then dogs.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
People all say I have too many cats. I tell them one can never have too many cats. :)

Cats are awesome. I like them way more then dogs.

Dogs are very loyal. Cats are a bit narcissistic in my observation. Since 2 month I have a cat visiting. She hates her owner so she comes every night to sleep in my house. When I brought her back she attacked the owner and the owner wanted her gone (was scared of her; her vicious attack did scare me also). But with me she is sweetness itself, but narcissistic. I always have been very allergic to cats, but it was so cold outside, so I let her in, accepting to get sick again. But just in 1 small room. She wanted to stay with me in the bedroom (in my bed even; making me really sick). Everytime she tries to sneak into the other rooms, fully aware I don't want her there. Grabbing her in the neck when she does (and she tries it whenever I leave the door a bit open).

So this cat is narissistic, not respecting my borders. I think narcissistic humans will hate cats, because cats like to dominate in their own little ways, which narcissists like to do themselves. When I pick her up to cuddle she wants to get away, walking 1 meter away, turning around waiting for 1 minute till I turn my face away then she comes and jumps on top of me. Now I can cuddle her, but only because she decided. I observe she gets nicer every day now though. Maybe her dominating attitude is still because of her previous owner experiences.

Few weeks ago, after being really sick/allergic to the cat all the time, I told Sai Baba, now you better take care of her, tomorrow she is out. I am done being sick. Next day my allergy was gone, and never came back since then. So this cat was a blessing to me, Sai Baba maybe cured me of my 50 year long allergy or at least He cured me while I take care of "His" cat. I have to check out if I am still allergic to other animals. So far I never felt better.

pearl

I have always loved cats, I admire their independence along with their loving even if it is on their terms. I do not have cats at present, we have a dog who would love them to 'death'.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Dogs are very loyal. Cats are a bit narcissistic in my observation.
Dogs have masters, cats have slaves. I don't like being a master and I don't mind being a slave so cats fit my purrrrsoonality better than dogs...

All our 10 cats are Persians and they are very needy like a dog, following us around everywhere... They are clingy but also independent because that is in their nature. When they don't want to be bothered they don't but that is pretty rare. The only time they want to get away is when you come after them with a comb. :eek:

I do not think cats are narcissistic because only humans can be narcissistic. :rolleyes:

Audie

Veteran Member
I have always loved cats, I admire their independence along with their loving even if it is on their terms. I do not have cats at present, we have a dog who would love them to 'death'.

I like cats too. The one I had was a Russian blue named
Kitty. Very nice pet.

When I said they are sociopaths, I was not criticizing,
or joking.

They are not like dogs, where you are virtually god.
Cats care #1 about themselves, and are ready at
a split second to tear up the contract you thought
you had with them. You learn to live with how they
are, they wont change. With dogs a deal is a deal
forever unto death.

I liked Kitty even when she did jump on my bed at night and
started crunching a mouse. Its just how cats are, and
anyone who would find in that cause for anger and dismay
is just being a fool for expecting different.

Audie

Veteran Member
Sharks may not be anyone's favorite but there's no justification for catching them only to cut their fins off and throwing them back to die. Just for a bowl of soup?

It is just for money. As for the diners, well, I guess
it is good soup, and they dont know or care.

One thing about China, they are just terrible about destruction
of wildlife, often enough in the most sickeningly cruel ways.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Dogs have masters, cats have slaves. I don't like being a master and I don't mind being a slave so cats fit my purrrrsoonality better than dogs...

All our 10 cats are Persians and they are very needy like a dog, following us around everywhere... They are clingy but also independent because that is in their nature. When they don't want to be bothered they don't but that is pretty rare. The only time they want to get away is when you come after them with a comb. :eek:

I do not think cats are narcissistic because only humans can be narcissistic. :rolleyes:

Me and my better half adopted a cat from a rescue shelter and later on I found three more kittens in my garage from a feral colony and was able to trap the mother and got her fixed. I also had to keep her captive for a bit because I took the kittens too soon as they were still reliant on her milk. Mom stuck around for rest of the summer after I released her back outside and made sure there was plenty of water and food. Sadly I never saw her again in the spring for which we think she moved off with her colony. Her kittens are no longer kittens anymore and are full-fledged cats of which all four felines have claimed full ownership of me and my wife.

Audie

Veteran Member
Me and my better half adopted a cat from a rescue shelter and later on I found three more kittens in my garage from a feral colony and was able to trap the mother and got her fixed. I also had to keep her captive for a bit because I took the kittens too soon as they were still reliant on her milk. Mom stuck around for rest of the summer after I released her back outside and made sure there was plenty of water and food. Sadly I never saw her again in the spring for which we think she moved off with her colony. Her kittens are no longer kittens anymore and are full-fledged cats of which all four felines have claimed full ownership of me and my wife.

I wonder what is the average life expectancy of a wild
house cat. Might not even be three years. For the best
that they not prosper, they kill so many birds.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I wonder what is the average life expectancy of a wild
house cat. Might not even be three years. For the best
that they not prosper, they kill so many birds.
I think the average life expectancy for a feral cat up here in the north would be 2 to 3 years from what I understand. Compare it with cats that have been domesticated of whom for them averages out to 15 to 20 years. It's a big reason why shelters plead for people to get cats neutered or spayed. Cats reproduce at alarming rates and for each feral cat, a pretty harsh and violent life of survival awaits them.

What broke my heart about the mother was after I trapped her and fed her back to health , and reunited her kittens until they were old enough to be weaned I was obligated to release her back into the wild so she could return to her colony. I did enjoy the rest summer with her and also members of her colony for which mom would come up to the door and meow each time she was hungry or thirsty.

Before her colony moved on I managed to trap another cat from the group that seemed salvageable which was a good thing because the shelter inform me that she was fully pregnant. She was taken by in by one of the other staff members and it turns out she was approachable but protective of her kittens once they were born. Unfortunately several of them died shortly after birth, but a couple of her kittens had survived making this a bittersweet outcome.

Sometimes I look out the window and tell Mom wherever she is, her kittens are fine and doing well.

Audie

Veteran Member
I think the average life expectancy for a feral cat up here in the north would be 2 to 3 years from what I understand. Compare it with cats that have been domesticated of whom for them averages out to 15 to 20 years. It's a big reason why shelters plead for people to get cats neutered or spayed. Cats reproduce at alarming rates and for each feral cat, a pretty harsh and violent life of survival awaits them.

What broke my heart about the mother was after I trapped her and fed her back to health , and reunited her kittens until they were old enough to be weaned I was obligated to release her back into the wild so she could return to her colony. I did enjoy the rest summer with her and also members of her colony for which mom would come up to the door and meow each time she was hungry or thirsty.

Before her colony moved on I managed to trap another cat from the group that seemed salvageable which was a good thing because the shelter inform me that she was fully pregnant. She was taken by in by one of the other staff members and it turns out she was approachable but protective of her kittens once they were born. Unfortunately several of them died shortly after birth, but a couple of her kittens had survived making this a bittersweet outcome.

Sometimes I look out the window and tell Mom wherever she is, her kittens are fine and doing well.

Awww.. you got tears in my eyes.