• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nationalism Poll

Do you think of yourself as a Nationalist?

• Yes

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Maybe- it depends

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • No

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm mostly of Scandinavian decent, I find the Nordic race to be highly intelligent as well as beautiful. You should be very proud to be Norwegian.

hqdefault.jpg
Pride is not something I think of when it comes to Norway. Am i "lucky" that I live in a free country? Yes. but that's about it. I would feel lucky or happy anywhere I go when it comes to my personal being. Norway is just one country out of many on earth, and we are all human beings, to me, it is more important to know we are all the same, then to say I am Norwegian.
Being Norwegian does not make me better as a person :)

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Pride is not something I think of when it comes to Norway. Am i "lucky" that I live in a free country? Yes. but that's about it. I would feel lucky or happy anywhere I go when it comes to my personal being. Norway is just one country out of many on earth, and we are all human beings, to me, it is more important to know we are all the same, then to say I am Norwegian.
Being Norwegian does not make me better as a person :)

Thank you, I appreciate your modesty.

Jeremiah Ames

I'm having to get used to the idea that there is such a thing as "left-wing nationalism" and that you can be a nationalist whilst also rejecting the racial politics of the far-right. So I am curious whether the trend is to treat nationalism as an exclusively right-wing phenomenon in the modern world and for an anti-nationalism or internationalism to be the more left-wing position. I am not aware of left-wing nationalism being a particularly widespread position.

As it is, I realise Religiousforums.com is a left-liberal echo chamber and the tendency may not to be raise the subject as it could be treated as "political incorrect". So I wanted to see what people's thoughts are on nationalism, whether you believe that nationalism is relevant to the modern world and if it can exist without the strongly negative associations that have developed as a result of the role of extreme nationalism in leading to the Second World War.

[Answered "No" in the Poll as I have been on the side of world government, world revolution and globalisation in the past, so I have a lot of anti-nationalist assumptions to reconsider.]
Nationalism is an extension of SELF, which to me, is the root of all evil.
Love of self is the exact opposite of love of the Lord, therefore the exact opposite of love of goodness and truth.

Love of family, neighborhood, city, state, football team, clan, nation, or any other group you associate yourself with, is just another form of loving yourself.
When you do this, you lower, those “others” to a status that opens the door to any kind of atrocity.

The opposite, is Love for ALL, not just some group.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I have Danish ancestry.

Hopefully, the next generation of our American Nationalist leaders can convince the next generation of Danish leadership to transfer ownership of Greenland from Denmark to America in exchange for America giving up Puerto Rico to Denmark. ...:)

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
In the early 20th century, beliefs that the Nordic race constituted the superior branch of the Caucasian race gave rise of the ideology of Nordicism. Though this ideology has since been discredited, the concept of a Nordic sub-race remains in use among physicial anthropologists.

In his work "Forensic Pathology", published in 1991, Bernard Knight, a Professor of Forensic Pathology, also uses the tripartite model and identifies the Nordic race based on its dolichocephalic skull shape.

"Forensic Pathology", Bernard Knight, Oxford University Press, 30 May 1991.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Hopefully, the next generation of our American Nationalist leaders can convince the next generation of Danish leadership to transfer ownership of Greenland from Denmark to America in exchange for America giving up Puerto Rico to Denmark. ...:)
Or not.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Voted "no." I'm Canadian, and I'm grateful to be Canadian, but when Canada does wrong, I want Canada held to account.

I won't say, "I'm proud to be Canadian," because it has nothing to do with me but an accident of birth. I shouldn't gloat about things I had nothing to do with.