• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

National Intelligence Council paints A Grim view of global future

SeekingAllTruth

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. intelligence officials are painting a dark picture of the world’s future, writing in a report released Thursday that the coronavirus pandemic has deepened economic inequality, strained government resources and fanned nationalist sentiments.

The document focuses heavily on the impact of the pandemic, calling it the “most significant, singular global disruption since World War II, with health, economic, political, and security implications that will ripple for years to come.”

Grim view of global future offered in intelligence report

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Of course.

Never thought I'd see the rationale to the pandemic is to systematically destroy one's own tax base.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Of course.

Never thought I'd see the rationale to the pandemic is to systematically destroy one's own tax base.
Perhaps if we had taken the warnings of some into account and prepared for such an eventuality then we might have got through this without so much damage as appears to be the case. Plenty more like this too awaiting us no doubt.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. intelligence officials are painting a dark picture of the world’s future, writing in a report released Thursday that the coronavirus pandemic has deepened economic inequality, strained government resources and fanned nationalist sentiments.

The document focuses heavily on the impact of the pandemic, calling it the “most significant, singular global disruption since World War II, with health, economic, political, and security implications that will ripple for years to come.”

And to think it wasn't too long ago they were pushing the idea of "don't worry, be happy." Now, they want people to worry.

Vee

Premium Member

That was kinda obvious.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
"Guys, guys... this global pandemic that has already claimed millions of deaths... I'm just saying, it might be kind of bad for us, you know?"