• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Name something still exclusively for boys in 2019?

Jonathan Bailey

Name something still exclusively for boys, in Western civilization and culture, that is man-made (not provided by nature) in 2019? We all know what nature provides the male sex.

I bet you'd be hard-pressed to figure this one out.

It could be an event, thing, commercial product, social position, occupation, organization, etc.

Sadly, the word BOY in BOY SCOUTS seems to no longer imply male-only these days.

What part of "boy" do these new-world idiots not understand?

Last edited:

Jonathan Bailey

Getting to Stage 4 of American Ninja Warrior.
Ok, that's something.

There used to be much more to boyhood exclusively in the old days before feminist (liberal?, leftist?) kooks ran about unbridled and trousered (if female).

1. delivering newspapers: newboy or paperboy
2. selling newspapers and other concessions on trains: train boy
3. tending horses and stables, shoveling horse dung: stable boy or groom (I don't think most women and girls even want to shovel horse manure this day and age.)
4. being a member of Boy Scouts or any of its divisions
5. playing certain school sports
6. playing with toy vehicles
7. recreational shooting of guns until Annie Oakley showed up
8. playing soldiers
9. playing cowboys and Indians
10. building tree houses
11. being an altar boy in church
12. attending military schools
13. cabin boy on a ship

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Ok, that's something.

There used to be more to boyhood exclusively in the old days before feminist kooks ran about unbridled and trousered.

1. delivering newspapers: newboy or paperboy
2. selling newspapers and other concessions on trains: train boy
3. tending horses and stables, shoveling horse dung: stable boy or groom (I don't think most women and girls even want to shovel horse manure this day in age.)
4. being a member of Boy Scouts or any of its divisions
5. playing certain school sports
6. playing with toy vehicles
7. recreational shooting of guns until Annie Oakley showed up
8. playing solder
9. playing cowboys and Indians
10. building tree houses
I don't see why any of this has to be a boy-only thing. Manhood and boyhood isn't relegated to participating in certain actions and working certain professions. It's a mode of being in a way that only men and boys can.

11. being an altar boy in church
That's still exclusively a boy thing in my church and other traditional churches.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Name something still exclusively for boys, in Western civilization and culture, that is man-made (not provided by nature) in 2019? We all know what nature provides the male sex.

It could be an event, thing, commercial product, social position, occupation, organization, etc.

Sadly, the word BOY in BOY SCOUTS seems to no longer imply male-only these days.

One could easily substitute the word "girl" for the word "boy" in this rant.

Why is it so important for you to have something that's exclusive to gender. What productive comes of being that possessive?

Jonathan Bailey

I don't see why any of this has to be a boy-only thing. Manhood and boyhood isn't relegated to participating in certain actions and working certain professions. It's a mode of being in a way that only men and boys can.

That's still exclusively a boy thing in my church and other traditional churches.

There is still the human CULTURE of gender beyond the reproductive biology of sex.

Jonathan Bailey

I will if one posts such a rant here. But you didn't answer my question.

Ok, you asked for it, you got it, Toyota!

It is as important to the male sex to have an exclusive male identity as it is the female sex to have an exclusive female identity. One sex is as remarkable as the other. Pants are as remarkable as skirts. Short hair is as remarkable as long hair. God made two sexes for a reason. It is productive because it serves God's will to have male and female divisions in human society.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

It is as important to the male sex to have an exclusive male identity as it is the female sex to have an exclusive female identity. One sex is as as remarkable as the other.

While I agree with your last sentence, I don't see a reason where there has to be an exclusive identity for each. At the risk of sounding like a toddler that keeps asking 'why,' why do you feel there has to be an exclusive identity? That's, IMO, a pretty old-fashioned notion. Yes, it was prevalent in the 1950s, but all that began changing after that decade passed.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

Don't see what's so sad about it. Australian Scouting has been co-ed at all levels since the '80s, and I don't know anyone who'd go back.

Jonathan Bailey

Don't see what's so sad about it. Australian Scouting has been co-ed at all levels since the '80s, and I don't know anyone who'd go back.
Australia, and sadly, America these days, have no respect or regard for gender divisions or Creation. The land Down Under is full of convicts and is Godless. America is being overrun with red-devil heathens from abroad due to poor immigration control. The times have corrupted the world. The devil, I reckon, is running about all out. Hell has erupted to the surface. I believe Satan is blinding and confusing this word. He is creating cultural chaos and social disruption. Western civilization, I reckon, needs to come back under God and Christ in a big hurry. Gender confusion, I feel, is another evil implement in the devil's tool box. This, I hold, is all to spite God.

Last edited:

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
:rolleyes:

49f7469e2062e9febf8693e04b318e9d

Jonathan Bailey

Jock straps?
Yes, that's something. But I'm thinking of something that doesn't involve genital anatomy or sex biology/physiology.

Something not directly related to the biology of sex. A woman's bra would be pertinent to female anatomy.

A skirt, feminine, has no bearing on female reproduction and pants, masculine, have no bearing on male reproduction.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
There is still the human CULTURE of gender beyond the reproductive biology of sex.
Yes, and culture changes over time. Authentic masculinity and femininity are still a thing. We've just done away with some temporary cultural ideas of how those qualities should express themselves. We can talk about the crisis of men and boyhood in today's America, sure, but our current crisis of masculinity isn't due to feminism. It's due to a changing economy that no longer values or has a place for certain trades that used to be commonplace and which were taken up by men.

There's nothing wrong with women embracing a wider view of what it means to be feminine. You can be strong and feminine, industrious and feminine, a leader and feminine, as well as all the old traditional qualities that women used to be consigned to--a servant, a helper, a supporter, one who waits. There are plenty of strong, authentically masculine men who are respected by the wider society. The problem with men today is that many of us have lost jobs and don't know a way to help our communities and work. Men are happiest when they're at work doing good for others and are appreciated for the work that we do. We want to belong and we want to help and we want to be appreciated by those we love and those we help. We want to have a valuable role to play that will have a meaningful impact on the world around us. As long as we have that, authentic masculinity will never die.

It is as important to the male sex to have an exclusive male identity as it is the female sex to have an exclusive female identity. One sex is as remarkable as the other. Pants are as remarkable as skirts. Short hair is as remarkable as long hair. God made two sexes for a reason. It is productive because it serves God's will to have male and female divisions in human society.
And if a woman chooses to wear pants because they're more comfortable, more practical and more modest, then fine. I just feel bad for women because their pants have literally the crappiest pockets possible.

Jonathan Bailey

Yes, and culture changes over time. Authentic masculinity and femininity are still a thing. We've just done away with some temporary cultural ideas of how those qualities should express themselves. We can talk about the crisis of men and boyhood in today's America, sure, but our current crisis of masculinity isn't due to feminism. It's due to a changing economy that no longer values or has a place for certain trades that used to be commonplace and which were taken up by men.

There's nothing wrong with women embracing a wider view of what it means to be feminine. You can be strong and feminine, industrious and feminine, a leader and feminine, as well as all the old traditional qualities that women used to be consigned to--a servant, a helper, a supporter, one who waits. There are plenty of strong, authentically masculine men who are respected by the wider society. The problem with men today is that many of us have lost jobs and don't know a way to help our communities and work. Men are happiest when they're at work doing good for others and are appreciated for the work that we do. We want to belong and we want to help and we want to be appreciated by those we love and those we help. We want to have a valuable role to play that will have a meaningful impact on the world around us. As long as we have that, authentic masculinity will never die.

And if a woman chooses to wear pants because they're more comfortable, more practical and more modest, then fine. I just feel bad for women because their pants have literally the crappiest pockets possible.

But is all this what God wills? Is the only purpose for the sexes baby-making?