• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Strange, Weird and Wacky Religious Beliefs

dust1n

Zindīq
What, you want to have more answers than questions? Not from me, I fear.

I'm probably quite wrong, but her conception seems to me to take as a fairly basic premise that the "building blocks" of existence entire are, for lack of better words, psychic-powered atoms of some kind. There may be no origin for them; perhaps they just exist and that is that. Everything else comes from their expressions and interactions.

(Boy, I hope she does not get offended from how far off-mark I probably am.)

If that's accurate, I really don't get the point of call phenomenon intentional, supernatural, or simulatory (yes, I had to make it up), unless there is a specific reason to do so.

CynthiaCypher

And what coded the computer? What built it and operates it?

If the world was a simulation, wouldn't that be specifically saying that all is determined and all is realism?

I think that another quantum computer built it and coded it. And is there someone behind a desk operating this computer? No. It's operates itself.

dust1n

Zindīq
I think that another quantum computer built it and coded it. And is there someone behind a desk operating this computer? No. It's operates itself.

So there are an infinite series of exponentially increasing processing powers all simulating lower forms of themselves?

dust1n

Zindīq
Are you going to make fun of me? I know it sounds weird but that is what I believe.

No, I'm just trying to understand what what you are saying entails. So God is the "algorithm" that generates this infinite series of simulators running simulators?

CynthiaCypher

No, I'm just trying to understand what what you are saying entails. So God is the "algorithm" that generates this infinite series of simulators running simulators?

Yes. I also believe that God is also a form of artificial intelligence that is self-programmed to achieve self-awareness. In order to understand self, God must simulate all permutations of self, in order to understand being, God must simulate all permutations of being. Only then can God can achieve self-awareness.

It's a bit strange but it's not the strangest I've encountered. I do have a couple of questions though. If there are an infinite number of simulations happenening are there an infinite number of "you" in other simulations? If so can you communicate with them and are they different or are they the same in comparison to you? Finally is there any way to hack this computer?

Muffled

Jesus in me
I kind of like keeping my beliefs to myself.

Why?

Because my beliefs are f-ing weird. But I just can't help believing them. It's this intuitive thing I have, I somehow get these ideas in my head and they stick. It's not like I asked to believe this stuff, it was like it was forced upon me and I feel like a complete nutjob. So instead of continuing being chicken **** and hiding my beliefs from you guys I will for the first time give you people an overview of my beliefs so you can make fun of me and call me nuts.

1. I believe that the reality we live in is a complex multi-dimensional computational simulation...yes, just like the Matrix but even more complex than that.

2. I believe there are an infinite number of these simulations running at once, sometimes these system or simulations crash and sometimes various systems will merge with each but there are infinite number of them.

3. I believe that a single simulation is ran on a vast quantum computer and subsystem called a universe. All simulations can be said to be ran on a even vaster quantum computer and system called the multiverse.

4. You know how I once said I believe God is both good and evil, a sort of dialectical monistic metaphysical concept like the Tao. Well actually I believe God is binary. In fact I believe God is a self-replicating binary algorithm. God is the operating system which maintains the systems of the quantum computer we call the universe and runs the computer simulation we call reality.

This is the **** that is my reality tunnel, so there you go please feel free to call me f-ing nuts.

This could be a problem if the source of those ideas in your head is evil. Most people are materialists and automatically attribute it to imagination but I believe there are spiritual forces and they aren't obliged to acknowledge that they are the source.

1-4 There is no evidential ground for any of this so it makes sense that it is intuitive.

I believe mentally imbalanced people tend to think their irrationality is real. Because you recognize it for what it is, I would declare you mentally stable.

For instance when I worked at a mental hospital patients would sometimes come to visit. One was holding a rational conversation and then all of a sudden declared that I ws broadcasting thoughts into his head. He came up with an irrational explanation for what was happening and believed it to be real.

Muffled

Jesus in me
No, the building block of existence is information. Everything including matter and energy is essentially information. Just like Pythagoras said.

I believe that is interesting because God says that He creates with His Word. Word is just information but God has the power to make that Word a reality. ie Computers do not make themselves but they can create a reality in the form of a hologram albeit more image than substance.

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason
I kind of like keeping my beliefs to myself.

Why?

Because my beliefs are f-ing weird. But I just can't help believing them. It's this intuitive thing I have, I somehow get these ideas in my head and they stick. It's not like I asked to believe this stuff, it was like it was forced upon me and I feel like a complete nutjob. So instead of continuing being chicken **** and hiding my beliefs from you guys I will for the first time give you people an overview of my beliefs so you can make fun of me and call me nuts.

1. I believe that the reality we live in is a complex multi-dimensional computational simulation...yes, just like the Matrix but even more complex than that.

2. I believe there are an infinite number of these simulations running at once, sometimes these system or simulations crash and sometimes various systems will merge with each but there are infinite number of them.

3. I believe that a single simulation is ran on a vast quantum computer and subsystem called a universe. All simulations can be said to be ran on a even vaster quantum computer and system called the multiverse.

4. You know how I once said I believe God is both good and evil, a sort of dialectical monistic metaphysical concept like the Tao. Well actually I believe God is binary. In fact I believe God is a self-replicating binary algorithm. God is the operating system which maintains the systems of the quantum computer we call the universe and runs the computer simulation we call reality.

This is the **** that is my reality tunnel, so there you go please feel free to call me f-ing nuts.

I would almost call this a lack of faith! In my mind this is a more likely scenario than "supernatural." Rejecting this and similar matrix scenarios is the one leap of faith rational individuals make.

By assuming that the universe is basically as it presents itself to the senses, and that its behavior can be described by a set of rules, blah blah blah.

I guess that does not rule out your belief any more than it rules out any other god that operates by invariant rules (if only there were more concepts of god that did not interfere).

nazz

Doubting Thomas
I would almost call this a lack of faith! In my mind this is a more likely scenario than "supernatural." Rejecting this and similar matrix scenarios is the one leap of faith rational individuals make.

That's one leap I've yet to take ;) I'd need some evidence.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Sounds similar to my views, except that I'm not a monotheist. I believe in an infinite number of universes. The Matrix films and the theories behind them had a big impact on my spiritual beliefs. However, I don't see it as an "illusion". I think everything's real.

Your views would be called digital physics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_physics

dust1n

Zindīq
Yes. I also believe that God is also a form of artificial intelligence that is self-programmed to achieve self-awareness. In order to understand self, God must simulate all permutations of self, in order to understand being, God must simulate all permutations of being. Only then can God can achieve self-awareness.

Hmm. Can't say I can quite understand it. For instance, wouldn't God in this instance be a natural intelligence, since it is the composition of nature? And I also don't quite understand if God here is suppose to the simulator or the simulation itself (like software on a computer).

Eh, can't say it's all that much weirder than any other religion.

CynthiaCypher

Hmm. Can't say I can quite understand it. For instance, wouldn't God in this instance be a natural intelligence, since it is the composition of nature? And I also don't quite understand if God here is suppose to the simulator or the simulation itself (like software on a computer).

Eh, can't say it's all that much weirder than any other religion.

Well the Hardware (the vast quantum computer), the Operating System and Simulation are all made of the same substance, so they are all God, they only differ in function.