• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Strange, Weird and Wacky Religious Beliefs

amorphous_constellation

1. I believe that the reality we live in is a complex multi-dimensional computational simulation...yes, just like the Matrix but even more complex than that.

Well, I don't think that's too weird, some permutation of that is what the majority of human imagination drums up across history, though maybe not with 21st century language. Consider that the imagination is simply like a caustic liquid spilled upon the patina of the universe, making it shiny with meaning. The imagination takes us there, it stirs up the consideration of the physics, the abiogenesis, the anthrogenesis, the atomized memes of code all about the universe and so on.

2. I believe there are an infinite number of these simulations running at once, sometimes these system or simulations crash and sometimes various systems will merge with each but there are infinite number of them.

There definitely is something about the universe that can seem infinite, or something about possibility. It almost seems as if all the possibilities are boiling down to greater order though. What are the simulations trying to portray? Surely there is one that hits the mark or will eventually for whatever is trying to be simulated.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I kind of like keeping my beliefs to myself.

Why?

Because my beliefs are f-ing weird. But I just can't help believing them. It's this intuitive thing I have, I somehow get these ideas in my head and they stick. It's not like I asked to believe this stuff, it was like it was forced upon me and I feel like a complete nutjob. So instead of continuing being chicken **** and hiding my beliefs from you guys I will for the first time give you people an overview of my beliefs so you can make fun of me and call me nuts.

1. I believe that the reality we live in is a complex multi-dimensional computational simulation...yes, just like the Matrix but even more complex than that.

2. I believe there are an infinite number of these simulations running at once, sometimes these system or simulations crash and sometimes various systems will merge with each but there are infinite number of them.

3. I believe that a single simulation is ran on a vast quantum computer and subsystem called a universe. All simulations can be said to be ran on a even vaster quantum computer and system called the multiverse.

4. You know how I once said I believe God is both good and evil, a sort of dialectical monistic metaphysical concept like the Tao. Well actually I believe God is binary. In fact I believe God is a self-replicating binary algorithm. God is the operating system which maintains the systems of the quantum computer we call the universe and runs the computer simulation we call reality.

This is the **** that is my reality tunnel, so there you go please feel free to call me f-ing nuts.

Far more plausible than any scriptural explanations I've read!

Gambit

4. You know how I once said I believe God is both good and evil, a sort of dialectical monistic metaphysical concept like the Tao. Well actually I believe God is binary. In fact I believe God is a self-replicating binary algorithm. God is the operating system which maintains the systems of the quantum computer we call the universe and runs the computer simulation we call reality.

Your "religious beliefs" have some commonalities with process theology.

Just FYI stuff. A quantum computer processes qubits, not bits (binary digits).

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason
I kind of like keeping my beliefs to myself.

Why?

Because my beliefs are f-ing weird. But I just can't help believing them. It's this intuitive thing I have, I somehow get these ideas in my head and they stick. It's not like I asked to believe this stuff, it was like it was forced upon me and I feel like a complete nutjob. So instead of continuing being chicken **** and hiding my beliefs from you guys I will for the first time give you people an overview of my beliefs so you can make fun of me and call me nuts.

3. I believe that a single simulation is ran on a vast quantum computer and subsystem called a universe. All simulations can be said to be ran on a even vaster quantum computer and system called the multiverse.

This is the **** that is my reality tunnel, so there you go please feel free to call me f-ing nuts.
OK, I'M not reading a single reply, only the the OP. AND I was tempted to stop when you admitted your beliefs were "intuitive," "stuck in your head," and you weren't "asked to believe this stuff."

Yet I read your initial OP in it's entirety!

Do you have a STANDARD OF TRUTH? If you want to know what a pound, what a meter, what a gallon is; we can all find a STANDARD to measure bye! Do you have a STANDARD of truth? something you can hold up as that which must be compared to in order to determine if that which is under consideration fulfills? It sounds to me as though you do not! It sounds to me me as if if you believe whatever TF appeals to you at the moment!