• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My plan to change the interstate freeway system

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I am pretty sure i posted this link

Scientists say teleportation is 'possible' as they transfer atoms three metres | Daily Mail Online

Note dated 2014, somewhat later than your 2004 article.

Also note
Nothing in the laws of physics fundamentally forbids the teleportation of large objects, including humans, researchers claim.

They were able to transport an atom three metres with 100% accuracy.

So yes, t has been achieved.

It is a fast moving (by scientific standards) field of research
I have wondered, if they can do that, is the next step to apply such a thing to surgery, where the patient is "transported" but programed to materialized with the appropriate repairs?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I have wondered, if they can do that, is the next step to apply such a thing to surgery, where the patient is "transported" but programed to materialized with the appropriate repairs?

Oh wow what a great idea, that would have saved me months of poisoning, pain and debilitation and a second major stomach op.

Cooky

Veteran Member
you think that half an acre is enough for a station?
You planning on using a teleporter to summon the drones?

True. If we're going with the 40,000 drone units, for 1 bil., we might need larger warehouses and larger parking lots.

...What about 3/4 acre lots at every single onramp, instead of every few miles? I'm a 'big picture' guy. I need someone good at fine detail to work that stuff out.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Oh wow what a great idea, that would have saved me months of poisoning, pain and debilitation and a second major stomach op.
It was an "off label use" of the teleporter in at least one Star Trek episode.
You watch way, way too much star trek.
So do scientists and others inventing these new technologies. And if we do transport things, that means we must have it's atomic stuff digitized somewhere (from what I gathered when I first heard of real life teleportation some years ago), which means we must be able to tinker with it.

Straw Dog

Here's my vision I had driving on the freeway:

Every few miles of every major freeway in California will have a parking lot next to an onramp, where there will be a kiosk. When you slide your credit card, you will be asked at which exit you will like to exit. Once you have made that decision, and have slid your card, a drone-car, will emerge from a warehouse at the corner of the parking lot, which will fly out of the open roof, and land at a designated circle at the center of the parking lot, where a paid person will make sure that you board safely. The process will have taken 1 to 2 minutes time.

Once aboard the drone, it will fly on it's own, using technology similar to Tesla's self driving cars, and will fly approximately 75 to 100 feet directly above the freeway, and will have flashing LED lights to make it visible. the drone will travel at about 100 MPH, all the way to the exit you had determined earlier when you boarded at the kiosk, where you will land in another parking lot, where you can be picked up by uber, lyft or a friend.

I think it will revolutionize the transportation industry, and will phase out Amtrak and bus systems, which is why they better get on board with this soon, or sink like a stone. The thing that's best about this, is no wait times... No waiting for a train or bus... No designated times, it's 24/7/365... It takes 2 minutes... Also, I think the flashing lights above the freeway will look really cool at night, with crafts buzzing both ways on the freeway directly above car traffic... This will also ensure safe airways, having drones only over the freeways, and not flying about chaotically.

Please give me feedback on my idea of revolutionizing transportation.

Innovative.

What skills do you need to develop in order to help make this vision a reality?

Or in what way can you network with engineers, scientists, and contractors in order to make this happen?

That’s what matters. Otherwise, it’ll just be another idea developed by someone else.