• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Niece

No*s

Captain Obvious
My niece recently got "viral" pneumonia, and well, she has to have a breathing apparatus placed over her face. She's seven months old, but boy she can squirm when we try and do that.

It's one of those occasions when I'm happy I'm not a father. I've helped with sick babies many times, and while it bothers me, it wasn't as bad as this. We held her down for what seemed to me like ten minutes before the medicine was all in, and she screamed the whole time. Naturally, having a big plastic thing placed on her head would scare her.

It was quite disheartening, and I'll be helping my sister out with it regularly. I cannot help but feel sorry for little Natalie.

SoulTYPE

No*S that makes me so :'( it really makes me cry when young people like that are ill. And the chiild ..makes me sad please hope she becomes better soon.

No*s

Captain Obvious
Thank you both. She's rather fortunate in that she's not in the hospital. Still, she has not just her parents, but her Uncle Kenneth. I'll definately be watching her some tomorrow also.

Scott1

O my Jesus, by the mediation of Mary our Mother, you granted your priest Patrick Peyton bountiful graces.
Deign to grant us, through the intercession of Servant of God Father Patrick Peyton CSC, the favor of assistance in healing dear Natalie. We trust in you Lord. Amen.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
I am sorry to hear about your neice's illness, No*s. And the disress that the treatment is causing to the baby and those who love her. Will keep you in my thoughts.

martha

It is good that Natalie has you to care for and love her. It is also good that she is strong enough to struggle against the mask. It is always difficult to see a child suffer. I am just recovering from the same affliction. It was difficult enough for me, an adult to endure.

I pray Devine Mercy, spread your healing through little Natalie now , and hasten her healing from this affliction. All you holy men and women, all you saints and angels, pray for Natalie. Amen. Thank you Jesus.

Joyfully in Jesus,
Martha

Circle_One

My son, Justyce went through the exact same thing a few years ago and the viral pneumonia caused an onslaught of Asthma. I remember the struggle I had to go through with him to keep the inhaler on his face while he breathed in the medicine, so I know the hard time you are having and I definitely feel for you, Natalie and the rest of her family. You all are more than lucky that she is at home and not in the hospital, Justyce now has an extreme fear of hospitals because of the time he spent in one during that time. My thoughts, blessings and invocations of healing are definitely with you all.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
If you are okay with it, I will be sending both her, yourself and your family healing light and energy. (I'll understand if you'd prefer I don't, though, and will respect your wishes.) I'll also offer up prayers.