• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Local Town Votes to Remove Confederate Battle Flag

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
... and put the traditional Confederate flag in its place! Here is the old seal for reference.
ITGAYCM.jpg

I feel like they missed the whole point, but what do you think?
Judging by the three other flags present, I think their decision actually makes sense. It appears to be more of a historical symbol, and makes it more historically accurate. And frankly, any argument for removing the confederate flag from that seal would likely also apply to GB's flag.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This was my initial thought as well. It is a small step in the right direction, I guess?
I dunno. All the decades without any hitch, then blammo! All hell breaks loose.

Maybe they should also get Tom Sawyer to whitewash that ol'e fence again.

I have no problem with individuals bearing the confederate flag, it is perfectly in their rights to do so.

However when a form of government does, it comes across to me as an insult to the federal government (which is a representation of the will and rights of the people). The reason why I feel this way is becuase the Confederate Nation did rebel against the federal government. Wether the rebellion was done justly is subjective but the fact that they rebelled is not.