• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My decision

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
:clap:

I hope it brings you everything you were hoping for and lots of other goodness as well.

applewuud

Congratulations, Matthew. May your enthusiasm grow over time, and I hope the UU church there helps you realize the greatest depths of your potential.

Bob Dixon

>implying
The same about Jesus before I joined. I believe that Jesus was a failed Jewish apocalyptic holy man who predicted that the kingdom of God would come in his lifetime and was crucified by the Romans.

This is not a debate forum, so I shall not contest anything you say.
If you permit me to send you a PM contesting a point in your post, however, I will.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
I'm going to my first UU service tomorrow :D. Should be good. Also congratulations on making your decision

Matthew78

aspiring biblical scholar
This is not a debate forum, so I shall not contest anything you say.
If you permit me to send you a PM contesting a point in your post, however, I will.

Sure. As long as your PM is respectful and civil, you're quite welcome to.

seeker57

Hey Matthew,

Congratulations on your decision. I remember taking that step with a bit of trepidation, mostly because I had not been a part of any religious community for many years.
I have never regretted my decision, in fact, my enthusiasm for Unitarian Universalism continues to grow.

Peace,

Seeker

Matthew78

aspiring biblical scholar
Hey Matthew,

Congratulations on your decision. I remember taking that step with a bit of trepidation, mostly because I had not been a part of any religious community for many years.
I have never regretted my decision, in fact, my enthusiasm for Unitarian Universalism continues to grow.

Peace,

Seeker

Thanks Seeker!

I have no regrets about my decision so far. I'm very enthusiastic about UU and I can only see it growing with time! :)

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
The same about Jesus before I joined. I believe that Jesus was a failed Jewish apocalyptic holy man who predicted that the kingdom of God would come in his lifetime and was crucified by the Romans.

Uh hey dude.... can I send you a PM and explain why you are 'wrong'?

BIG-;)

:angel2:

SageTree

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
ROFL!!

Go for it! :D

Aw I'm just playing.

I just liked the response from Bob...

That's what I'd call and RF moment.

Reason # 453: Tangent the conversation for an 'actually' moment, but being kind enough to ask if a PM is okay first.

harharharharhar!!! :D

Antiochian

Rationalist
A belated welcome to you! I'm also new to the faith, having joined in May and was introduced with the other new members yesterday. And they gave me a rose! :blush: