• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mutah, the so called "temporary marriage". Whats the problem?

Zaha Torte

I suppose, without going into technicalities and jurisprudence etc which are human developments, it would be a similar scenario to dating if you put your logic into it. Also, what you should not is that I am not saying this is perfect solution, neither am I claiming to be a proponent. I opened this thread to get what other people think with a liberal intent or/and conservative intent.

Nevertheless since you asked the Jurisprudence on the pregnancy of Nikah Mutah predominantly rests in the normal laws in marital contracts. If there is a pregnancy, they remain married, and if they wish to get a divorce, normal divorce laws apply.
Then I don't see any point in having any marriage at all. Makes no sense to me.

Marriage was designed to protect women and children.

Skywalker

Where is it in the Qur'an? Where is "Dajjal" mentioned at all? Does your religious belief permit you and encourage you to say things which you can't even demonstrate to be true? You know, the thing we typically call LIES?

If I said that you ate turkey for breakfast this morning, wouldn't that be a LIE if you didn't? Do you think that saying things which aren't true, or in other words LYING, is a sin?

"The ninth commandment of the Bible reminds us not to lie, or in some circles "bear false witness." "

Colossians 3:9
Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices

You don't consider it lying to just blurt out stuff that isn't even present, real, evident, apparent, prove-able? Show it?

Who told you these things? Whoever told you these things, if they aren't even present, don't even exist, aren't even true, why would you trust them? Aren't they a liar, who is then getting you to sin by lying too? You don't think its a sin to just make up stuff because someone else made it up before you who was also a liar?

Is it not a sin if we lie, kill, steal, and do every sort of evil so long as it is against the Muslims? Is that why you don't feel there is any problem with making this statement:

"The Dajjal will be followed by the Jews. That is in the Quran."

You say it with such confidence, is that because a liar told you that and you never cared to verify it? Are you the first liar, the second liar, or are you somewhere along the line of liars that you don't know your number? Un-numbered liar?

The Quran talks about the Jews following the Dajjal and the Bible says that there will be a remanant of believing Jews during the Tribulation.

Skywalker

Then I don't see any point in having any marriage at all. Makes no sense to me.

Marriage was designed to protect women and children.
Marriage existed since Adam and Eve. It is divinely ordained. From the days of Noah until the gospel times a belief in seeking God diminished but there were a few native Americans who believed in the Trinity before the Europeans arrived. That explains marriage being divinely ordained and existing before Judaism or Christianity as we know it, existed.

Mohammad forced a woman to wait until she gave birth to stone her. That must have been cruel her having to wait to die. The Old Testament never said that the stones couldn't have been too small or too large.

There is no punishment of "stoning" mentioned in the Qur'an as far as I'm aware.

Are you so elderly that you were present for this event where Muhammed supposedly did this thing?

What if I told you that Muhammed one kissed a camel on its camel-lips and the camel praised God and died (maybe because of Muhammed's bad breath) would you believe that? I just made that up. Hey, I'm kind of getting the hang of it, no wonder you love doing this.

I never saw Muhammed do that, I actually don't know anyone who did, and there is no way for me to verify that the thing I just made up right now is true or not. But who cares? You probably believe it, right? Why not? Oh, only you get to make up stuff? Is that fair?

Remember the time Muhammed, you, and I, were riding bikes, and then Muhammed said "hold on" and then stopped at a public restroom, and then took a long time and we started to think he might be a sex addict and doing something really naughty inside the rest room? Remember when I went inside the restroom to see what Muhammed was up to, and he FREAKING WASN'T EVEN THERE?! REMEMBER WHEN I CAME OUTSIDE AND TOLD YOU AND YOU WERE LIKE "WHAT?" AND I WAS LIKE YEAH MAN MUHAMMED WAS NOT IN THERE! HOW THE HECK DID HE GET OUT!

Remember that? We never even FOUND him again, except when Muhammed, you, and I were eating at a restaurant together, and Muhammed ordered pork and alcohol, and I was like WHAT THE FUDGE MUHAMMED? and you were like "No, its fine!" and I'm like "NO WAY ITS NOT FINE" and "HOW IS THIS HAPPENING?" and Muhammed said "Haha, don't worry, I'm ordering it for Skywalker, he loves the stuff", and then I was like "but you shouldn't even order that stuff for someone else, its bad for them" and Muhammed was like "Seriously, who cares? Skywalker can go to hell, I'll help him along", and I was like "Wow, Muhammed is so callous, he would probably stone a pregnant cow just to eat the soft flesh of the Cow's Cowbaby", but I only THOUGHT that, and Muhammed was like "I know what you are thinking" and I was like "Oh no" and he KISSED ME ON MY LIPS!?

Remember that?! Skywalker! Hey! You were like weirded out by it, remember? Then you noticed Muhammed was wearing clothes that looked like woman clothes, like the Clothes that Roman MEN AND WOMEN BOTH WORE AND GREEK MEN AND WOMEN BOTH WORE AND PEOPLE GOING TO THE HAJJ WEAR, WOMEN CLOTHES, SKIRTY LOOKING BED SHEETS.

Muhammed then turned to you, and remember what he said?

He said "I took these from the hotel".

How did that make you feel?

Skywalker

There is no punishment of "stoning" mentioned in the Qur'an as far as I'm aware.

Are you so elderly that you were present for this event where Muhammed supposedly did this thing?

What if I told you that Muhammed one kissed a camel on its camel-lips and the camel praised God and died (maybe because of Muhammed's bad breath) would you believe that? I just made that up. Hey, I'm kind of getting the hang of it, no wonder you love doing this.

I never saw Muhammed do that, I actually don't know anyone who did, and there is no way for me to verify that the thing I just made up right now is true or not. But who cares? You probably believe it, right? Why not? Oh, only you get to make up stuff? Is that fair?

Remember the time Muhammed, you, and I, were riding bikes, and then Muhammed said "hold on" and then stopped at a public restroom, and then took a long time and we started to think he might be a sex addict and doing something really naughty inside the rest room? Remember when I went inside the restroom to see what Muhammed was up to, and he FREAKING WASN'T EVEN THERE?! REMEMBER WHEN I CAME OUTSIDE AND TOLD YOU AND YOU WERE LIKE "WHAT?" AND I WAS LIKE YEAH MAN MUHAMMED WAS NOT IN THERE! HOW THE HECK DID HE GET OUT!

Remember that? We never even FOUND him again, except when Muhammed, you, and I were eating at a restaurant together, and Muhammed ordered pork and alcohol, and I was like WHAT THE FUDGE MUHAMMED? and you were like "No, its fine!" and I'm like "NO WAY ITS NOT FINE" and "HOW IS THIS HAPPENING?" and Muhammed said "Haha, don't worry, I'm ordering it for Skywalker, he loves the stuff", and then I was like "but you shouldn't even order that stuff for someone else, its bad for them" and Muhammed was like "Seriously, who cares? Skywalker can go to hell, I'll help him along", and I was like "Wow, Muhammed is so callous, he would probably stone a pregnant cow just to eat the soft flesh of the Cow's Cowbaby", but I only THOUGHT that, and Muhammed was like "I know what you are thinking" and I was like "Oh no" and he KISSED ME ON MY LIPS!?

Remember that?! Skywalker! Hey! You were like weirded out by it, remember? Then you noticed Muhammed was wearing clothes that looked like woman clothes, like the Clothes that Roman MEN AND WOMEN BOTH WORE AND GREEK MEN AND WOMEN BOTH WORE AND PEOPLE GOING TO THE HAJJ WEAR, WOMEN CLOTHES, SKIRTY LOOKING BED SHEETS.

Muhammed then turned to you, and remember what he said?

He said "I took these from the hotel".

How did that make you feel?

I could be wrong. People omit and misstate things.

Marriage existed since Adam and Eve. It is divinely ordained. From the days of Noah until the gospel times a belief in seeking God diminished but there were a few native Americans who believed in the Trinity before the Europeans arrived. That explains marriage being divinely ordained and existing before Judaism or Christianity as we know it, existed.

You're older than I thought! You were back in the day of Adam and Eve? Or did you get these ideas from some scripture that you could maybe quote extensively to prove each point?

I could be wrong. People omit and misstate things.
Oh, I can tell you with confidence that you're absolutely wrong, and I'd like to know who or where you got all that misinformation from. Then I can see who is misleading you and making it seem like a good idea to just boldly go on making a fool of yourself and sinning so much by lying. Yes, its literally a sin according to the scriptures to just lie and spread lies like you have been doing, even if someone you trusted told you the lies and you never sought verification or proof, and even if those lies are against your perceived enemies, lying is a sin, wouldn't you agree? Wouldn't you also agree that if you have made false statements with full confidence as you have, that such would qualify as lying and spreading lies and misinformation and thus be a sin, a sin which you could be penalized for with HELL if something as "minor" seeming as saying "you fool" or "raca" or "idiot" can put a person in Hell potentially?

The New Testament doesn't say that a divorced woman is an adulteress. It says that a woman who has multiple husbands is an adulteress.

Matthew 5:32
But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

It never says "makes her commit adultery by making her re-marry", it didn't say that. It says only that "everyone who divorces his wife" "makes her commit adultery" it didn't say that she can be spared from "adultery" by not marrying someone else, it says just as soon as a person divorces them, she is made an adulterer, and then forbids also anyone marrying them.

So again, you've misspoken. If some part of your body causes you to sin, it appears that you're instructed to cut it out (don't actually do it though, why follow what the Bible says?).

You're sinning, repeatedly, by lying, repeatedly. The New Testament says that if your eye, hand (that you're typing lies with), or foot, and it is implied perhaps whatever else, causes you to sin, CHOP IT OFF. With the way you tell lies though, I don't know what part of your body will be left connected.

I bet if I asked you to communicate with your feet, you would probably manage to start sinning through those as well.

What do you think would be left once you've chopped off all your sinning parts? Your heart?

Jeremiah 17:9
The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

Nope, looks like that has got to go too!

Skywalker

Matthew 5:32
But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

It never says "makes her commit adultery by making her re-marry", it didn't say that. It says only that "everyone who divorces his wife" "makes her commit adultery" it didn't say that she can be spared from "adultery" by not marrying someone else, it says just as soon as a person divorces them, she is made an adulterer, and then forbids also anyone marrying them.

So again, you've misspoken. If some part of your body causes you to sin, it appears that you're instructed to cut it out (don't actually do it though, why follow what the Bible says?).

You're sinning, repeatedly, by lying, repeatedly. The New Testament says that if your eye, hand (that you're typing lies with), or foot, and it is implied perhaps whatever else, causes you to sin, CHOP IT OFF. With the way you tell lies though, I don't know what part of your body will be left connected.

I bet if I asked you to communicate with your feet, you would probably manage to start sinning through those as well.

What do you think would be left once you've chopped off all your sinning parts? Your heart?

Jeremiah 17:9
The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

Nope, looks like that has got to go too!

That verse about remarriage and adultery also sounds like it applies to men too.

What am I lying and making up?

You have either perpetuated false statements made by someone else, or you yourself have made up lies, some of the lies include stating that the "Qur'an says the Dajjal will" blah blah, whatever lie you made up, and that the Qur'an says "12th Imam" blah blah, also made up lies, neither are stated in the Qur'an at all.

Not only that, you made up more stuff than that, like what Aupmanyav quoted when he asked you to fact check before making statements. Aupmanyav was saying that to help you, because a person who constantly says wrong things wrongfully starts to look like a joke, a mockery, an embarrassment.

So I wanted to know if you are getting this rubbish from some kind of Islamic hate-site that keeps saying "The Qur'an says" and then making up stuff that the Qur'an never says, or if you are the one doing this yourself.

"The Quran says that the Muslim Jesus will defeat a fake Jesus who the Jews will follow."

That is another one of the made up false things you said, who told you that? It isn't true at all, it isn't in the Qur'an, it isn't there at all, its wrong, that is a lie, to just say something boldly like that as a statement is a lie, you are lying its spreading lies, a lie is a falsehood, misinformation, something that isn't there, something that doesn't exist, its like saying "there is a bridge across from Market street to Holmes street" and there is no bridge, so people trusting you then make a turn where they think the bridge should be, and there is no bridge, and they DIE. Remember, Sinning Causes DEATH?

Zaha Torte

I agree. God gave marriage to Man - not only to eventually perfect both the husband and wife - but to protect women and children.

The Bible gives the death penalty for men raping women.
What about this:
Deuteronomy 22:27
Since the man raped her out in the country, it must be assumed that she screamed, but there was no one to rescue her.
Deuteronomy 22:28
If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered,
Deuteronomy 22:29
the man who raped her is to give the young woman's father fifty silver shekels, and she will become his wife because he violated her. He cannot divorce her as long as he lives.

Why, how old are you seriously? Are you a little kid or something? I'm 34 now, but the reason I'm asking your age is like this lying stuff, or coming on a website and talking about stuff authoritatively when you've apparently read nothing much, remember nothing much, know nothing much, makes it seem like you are either extremely young, extremely old, or extremely coocoo in the coconut:

Like, how are you just "ok" about saying so much stuff which isn't right or true or accurate? How are you just "ok" with being wrong constantly, stating things that aren't correct or true or even existing, making up stuff confidently or repeating and parroting lies that people might have told you or whatever you think. Is it testosterone? Are you just filled to the brim with manliness that you think whatever you say has got to be true and if it isn't it doesn't even matter at all or something?

Skywalker

What about this:
Deuteronomy 22:27
Since the man raped her out in the country, it must be assumed that she screamed, but there was no one to rescue her.
Deuteronomy 22:28
If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered,
Deuteronomy 22:29
the man who raped her is to give the young woman's father fifty silver shekels, and she will become his wife because he violated her. He cannot divorce her as long as he lives.

Why, how old are you seriously? Are you a little kid or something? I'm 34 now, but the reason I'm asking your age is like this lying stuff, or coming on a website and talking about stuff authoritatively when you've apparently read nothing much, remember nothing much, know nothing much, makes it seem like you are either extremely young, extremely old, or extremely coocoo in the coconut:

Like, how are you just "ok" about saying so much stuff which isn't right or true or accurate? How are you just "ok" with being wrong constantly, stating things that aren't correct or true or even existing, making up stuff confidently or repeating and parroting lies that people might have told you or whatever you think. Is it testosterone? Are you just filled to the brim with manliness that you think whatever you say has got to be true and if it isn't it doesn't even matter at all or something?

If they be found is a reference to mandatory marriage for living together before marriage.

Last edited: