• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims the least educated in the world?

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
Substantiate your claims. :facepalm:

why are muslims committing genocide today in the middle east, and raping and stealing little girls????????????

Response: Substantiate your claims.

The topic was lack of education, and as demonstrated, lack of education is the result of oppression. Proven by the lack of educated African-Americans as the result of Whites in your own oppressive country.

You know you can't deny it. That's why we keep seeing you try to ignore this fact.

Tabb

Response: Substantiate your claims.

The topic was lack of education, and as demonstrated, lack of education is the result of oppression. Proven by the lack of educated African-Americans as the result of Whites in your own oppressive country.

You know you can't deny it. That's why we keep seeing you try to ignore this fact.

I'm an American and I say it's undeniable. The disparity in resources dedicated is despicable. The states decide how much to spend on a student based on the real estate taxes in his community. So guess what, if you're rich and live in a community with expensive houses they will spend twice or three times the money for a wealthy kid per student than per student of a child in a poor community black or white. The system keeps poor people poor. Blacks catch it the worst because of the special history they have here. You have to be an extraordinary person to overcome the disadvantages.

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
I'm an American and I say it's undeniable. The disparity in resources dedicated is despicable. The states decide how much to spend on a student based on the real estate taxes in his community. So guess what, if you're rich and live in a community with expensive houses they will spend twice or three times the money for a wealthy kid per student than per student of a child in a poor community black or white. The system keeps poor people poor. Blacks catch it the worst because of the special history they have here. You have to be an extraordinary person to overcome the disadvantages.

Response: Exactly. And as a Muslim and child of African ancestry born and raised in the US, I know firsthand the conditions of poverty and how the system locks a person into poverty, making it hard to escape. Especially the economic struggle brought upon us as African-Americans from the history of slavery and oppression.

outhouse

Atheistically
I know firsthand the conditions of poverty and how the system locks a person into poverty, making it hard to escape. .

That is true.

But you tried to make it a race only issue. That is inaccurate.

Especially the economic struggle brought upon us as African-Americans from the history of slavery and oppression.

Sounds like your paying the race card

I do agree there is some amount racism left, but you have the same freedom I do. I grew up as poor as any black kid, and faced the same struggle.

Geographic location has more to do with anything here, as you are nor being oppressed, as white children in the same face the same struggle

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Lack of education, you have less knowledge to question what you are told. Less wherewithal to question religious belief.

Ok, still I think it is a leap to connect this to terrorism. Is there any real evidence for this connection? You may be making a connection based on a lack of data. Some missing component you are not aware of.

outhouse

Atheistically
Ok, still I think it is a leap to connect this to terrorism. Is there any real evidence for this connection? You may be making a connection based on a lack of data. Some missing component you are not aware of.

OP was posed as questions not answers, thank you.

Does this lack of education promote violence and terrorism due to poverty associated with ignorance?

Does religious belief promote this lack of education?

OR does lack of education promote religious belief?

Whats your opinion is now the question.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
It is the rampant and vastness of the organizations and the power they hold. Specifically that it is a religious organization based upon the presupposition of Islam being "correct" would mean that lower education levels would create a more suitable soil for such organizations. Highly educated or even somewhat educated people would have a far better chance to have meaningful objections and carve out a way for peace. Where in the modern world do you have terrorist organizations being major players in governments where the general population is educated?

By the way education means far far more than just literacy.

Who told you that these organizations have power and are rampant in the society ?

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Who told you that these organizations have power and are rampant in the society ?

Are you taking the stance that there is not a pressing and prevalent problem of Muslim extremist organizations taking refuge in Islamic states in the middle east?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Are you taking the stance that there is not a pressing and prevalent problem of Muslim extremist organizations taking refuge in Islamic states in the middle east?

No, they aren't taking refuge in Islamic states otherwise whom are they fighting.
The ISIS members are very few in numbers and they are multinational fighters fighting the Islamic states.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
No, they aren't taking refuge in Islamic states otherwise whom are they fighting.
The ISIS members are very few in numbers and they are multinational fighters fighting the Islamic states.

And they reside where? In New York? Do the majority of the militants come from England? Or China?

gnostic

The Lost One
outhouse said:
Not anti islam.

To correct the issues that make islam a danger to the world.

Other religions are not dangers to the world.

To stop fanaticism and fundamentalism that is retarding humanity.
Sectarian violences have and can exist in Christianity as well as in Islam.

Are you forgetting the 20th century, long and drawn-out conflict in Northern Ireland, between the Catholics (Republicans) and Protestants (Unionists or pro-British)?

The sectarian violences (in Northern Ireland) were a mixture of both political and religious issues.

I think all religions, particularly religious people, have the potentials for violence, but some more greater than others.

Last edited:

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Why ? do you think Aum Shinrikyo & Chukaku-Ha reside in NY or came from England ?

I am saying that these groups exist primarily in the Islamic national states. That is where they reside. That is where they recruit. That is where much extremism gets popular.

I think this is a problem for Islam as well as the rest of the world.

outhouse

Atheistically
Sectarian violences have and can exist in Christianity as well as in Islam.

Are you forgetting the 20th century, long and drawn-out conflict in Northern Ireland, between the Catholics (Republicans) and Protestants (Unionists or pro-British)?

The sectarian violences (in Northern Ireland) were a mixture of both political and religious issues.

I think all religions, particularly religious people, have the potentials for violence, but some more greater than others.

Understood, and not argued.

But its not their turn up on the ole whipping pole. Now were are investigating the relation ship of islam and education and any possible ties to terrorism

gnostic

The Lost One
Regardless of whether the ISIS were recruited locally or aboard, they are all Muslims, particularly of Sunni background.

outhouse

Atheistically
Regardless of whether the ISIS were recruited locally or aboard, they are all Muslims, particularly of Sunni background.

And sectarianism is running barbaric.

And im certain lack of education feeds this.

Some people are not smart enough to get along for their own good.

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
That is true.

But you tried to make it a race only issue. That is inaccurate.

Response: No. You're trying a failed strawman by implying that I did to hide the fact that you have no refutable argument.

Sounds like your paying the race card

I do agree there is some amount racism left, but you have the same freedom I do. I grew up as poor as any black kid, and faced the same struggle.

Geographic location has more to do with anything here, as you are nor being oppressed, as white children in the same face the same struggle

Response: None of which changes the fact that Oppression causes a lack of education. So your point is pointless.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Response: No. You're trying a failed strawman by implying that I did to hide the fact that you have no refutable argument.

Response: None of which changes the fact that Oppression causes a lack of education. So your point is pointless.

A slight (but I think only slight), tangent:

1400 years ago humans didn't know very much about the world. For a modern child today to get a good education they have to learn many times as much as their grandparents had to learn. What a modern child with a good education learns these days is HUNDREDS OF TIMES what anyone knew 1400 years ago.

With all that said, how many Muslim kids these days are spending their precious education time memorizing scripture? From teaching and learning perspective, memorization is a very inefficient approach to education. A small amount of memorization is useful (for example memorizing multiplication tables up to maybe the 12's is a good idea). But for the most part, memorizing wastes precious time.

vskipper

A slight (but I think only slight), tangent:

1400 years ago humans didn't know very much about the world. For a modern child today to get a good education they have to learn many times as much as their grandparents had to learn. What a modern child with a good education learns these days is HUNDREDS OF TIMES what anyone knew 1400 years ago.

With all that said, how many Muslim kids these days are spending their precious education time memorizing scripture? From teaching and learning perspective, memorization is a very inefficient approach to education. A small amount of memorization is useful (for example memorizing multiplication tables up to maybe the 12's is a good idea). But for the most part, memorizing wastes precious time.

Really? And yet most private schools encourage memorization techniques for studying because it remains. Especially when done in the manner done by muslims.

Geeze. I swear it is really p*ssing (seriously pis*ing is considered profanity? What is this the victorian age?) me off. Ya'll keep making such ignorant statements I have to defend Islam & I don't even agree with Islam (theologically).

Last edited: