• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims Should Either Convert To Christianity…Or Die

Parzival

I am not a Muslim, but I have tremendous respect and admiration for those who are. When I stumbled upon this video of a guy calling for the mass conversion to Christianity or annihilation of Muslims, it sent chills down my spine. The story and video can be found here.

Last edited:

Cordoba

Hello TEA, and welcome to the forum

There are many nuts around, the best approach is to simply ignore them

Lets hope that wisdom will one day prevail

Parzival

Hello TEA, and welcome to the forum
Hello and thank you thank you, Cordoba.

There are many nuts around, the best approach is to simply ignore them
There are many nuts out there indeed. Sometimes I agree that ignoring them is best, other times I feel like their level of nuttiness is over the top and I feel it necessary to call attention to it. Perhaps ignoring it is best, but perhaps speaking out is necessary.

Lets hope that wisdom will one day prevail
It is that hope for humanity that helps to keep me going from day to day.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
yes, it's best to ignore extremists on all sides.
it takes the fun away if they don't get the response they want...kind of like the two-year-old throwing a temper tantrum in the store.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
When saw thread title I thought someone on forum was advocating this. I had my ban hammer raised :p

As to the topic, what ssainhu said.

Parzival

I find my reaction to this story interesting to observe. It has caused me to realize that while I preach tolerance, I am incredibly intolerant of intolerance and I need to find a way to ignore it and not let it upset me. But by ignoring it is that not the same as condoning it in a way? How can I find a way to truly come to understanding all views, even those as reprehensible as this?

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I find my reaction to this story interesting to observe. It has caused me to realize that while I preach tolerance, I am incredibly intolerant of intolerance and I need to find a way to ignore it and not let it upset me. But by ignoring it is that not the same as condoning it in a way? How can I find a way to truly come to understanding all views, even those as reprehensible as this?

I have the same problem. I despise intolerant people to the point where i know i'm not thinking about them as i should. You might not get carried away as i do, but in any case i mean i do face the same problem with the concept that you mentioned. (That is of course assuming that i'm tolerant, or as tolerant as i think i am)

I think completely not getting bothered by it is not really that good, because i don't like being indifferent to anything that is wrong, particularly if it involves hurt to others. I think being bothered by it, but at the same time not letting it affect you more than it should is the best thing to do.

Parzival

I think completely not getting bothered by it is not really that good, because i don't like being indifferent to anything that is wrong, particularly if it involves hurt to others.
I feel the same way.

I think being bothered by it, but at the same time not letting it affect you more than it should is the best thing to do.
That probably is the best thing to do, I agree. Now just to figure out HOW to do that at all times.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Now just to figure out HOW to do that at all times.

It sure isn't easy :D

The one thing that works for me sometimes is that i remind myself of times when i had ignorant and inexcusable views. If you never had any, perhaps focus on the fact that while you're being like this, more intolerant of those intolerant people i mean, focus on that you're not helping fix the situation at all.

Also i guess we should try to look at points that will help us sympathize with the person holding those positions, rather than despising him/her.

That certainly is easier said than done, i certainly don't succeed in doing that as much as i'd like, but i'm aiming to use those methods to try to reduce it through time.

In general controlling our emotions certainly isn't that easy.

Parzival

I suppose that, although we can never achieve perfection, we can always strive for it, and ever work toward finding our own imperfections and polishing them away.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
On a personal level, if I feel that I'm being lumped in with a "group" (in this case, as a Muslim, being grouped in with terrorists), I do my best to convince the offending person/people through my OWN actions, not words, not violent outbursts. Words are mean nothing if not acted upon; choose them carefully. Violence, of course, only confirms their views anyway...so all we can do is control our own behavior and don't over-react.

In my martial arts school, there is a young (14-year-old) Muslim boy who had repeatedly been called "terrorist" in school. After the umpteenth time, he punched the bully in the face and said, "there, now I proved you right." Sure, he was frustrated and felt the need to end it there, but once he realized that he did indeed prove the other kid right, he couldn't go back and fix it.

My question is, why didn't anyone in a position of authority in the school stop the bully from calling the Muslim kid a "terrorist"? By not intervening, the martial arts school set up a situation where the Muslim kid was put into a no-win situation. The choice for this kid was either take abuse, or stop the abuse himself by punching the bully, since ignoring it did not make it go away. It's not the Muslim kid's fault he got put into a situation not of his own making. The school is at fault, not the kid.

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
On a personal level, if I feel that I'm being lumped in with a "group" (in this case, as a Muslim, being grouped in with terrorists), I do my best to convince the offending person/people through my OWN actions, not words, not violent outbursts. Words are mean nothing if not acted upon; choose them carefully. Violence, of course, only confirms their views anyway...so all we can do is control our own behavior and don't over-react.

In my martial arts school, there is a young (14-year-old) Muslim boy who had repeatedly been called "terrorist" in school. After the umpteenth time, he punched the bully in the face and said, "there, now I proved you right." Sure, he was frustrated and felt the need to end it there, but once he realized that he did indeed prove the other kid right, he couldn't go back and fix it.

My question is, why didn't anyone in a position of authority in the school stop the bully from calling the Muslim kid a "terrorist"? By not intervening, the martial arts school set up a situation where the Muslim kid was put into a no-win situation. The choice for this kid was either take abuse, or stop the abuse himself by punching the bully, since ignoring it did not make it go away. It's not the Muslim kid's fault he got put into a situation not of his own making. The school is at fault, not the kid.

It was not at the martial arts school, it was at his public school.
No martial arts school worth a sack of beans would tolerate that behavior.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think the best way to settle this issue is to refer to history for insights into God's will. If you go back 200 years, every Muslim alive at that time who did not convert to Christianity is now dead. It is therefore obvious to me that God has historically given Muslims a choice: Convert to Christianity or Die. I see no reason for further debate now that I have used sound logic and solid evidence to prove the point.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think the best way to settle this issue is to refer to history for insights into God's will. If you go back 200 years, every Muslim alive at that time who did not convert to Christianity is now dead. It is therefore obvious to me that God has historically given Muslims a choice: Convert to Christianity or Die. I see no reason for further debate now that I have used sound logic and solid evidence to prove the point.

Of course, this is incredibly logical. ;)

My question is, why didn't anyone in a position of authority in the school stop the bully from calling the Muslim kid a "terrorist"? By not intervening, the school set up a situation where the Muslim kid was put into a no-win situation. The choice for this kid was either take abuse, or stop the abuse himself by punching the bully, since ignoring it did not make it go away. It's not the Muslim kid's fault he got put into a situation not of his own making. The school is at fault, not the kid.

Thank you for clarification, Sshainu. My question, however, remains.

KittensAngel

Boldly Proudly Not PC
I don't have a great deal of respect for those who are Muslim. If I did it would mean I have no respect for my personal atheism,because I honor someone elses living by a doctrine I find personally absurd.

I'll go with what former Muslims observed of their faith when they worked in concert to help author the book, "Why We Left Islam". Paraphrasing one woman's observation here, as she appeared in the later chapter of the book. If God did wish to send a message and lend divine inspiration unto all the world, one would think he'd have picked a more decent prophet than that of Muhammad.
A religion of peace would make Jihad and sharia law impossible.

That being said, I think there's a vast difference between holding respect for people and holding respect for the fables people are prone to honoring as a personal creed.

I respect people who deserve respect. I don't care if they worship Velcro. However, I don't respect religions simply because they're deemed realms of the sacred and doctrines afforded through inspiration of a higher consciousness that often enough, in reading the alleged sacred texts attributed to such notions, demonstrate a low life no better than the worst mortal and far less in personal honor, integrity and character.

I don't respect Islam. However, I don't think Christianity has any superior right to claim itself superior to it. They're both Abrahamic faiths and they're both possessed of a history wherein they are demonstrably lacking respect for a world that doesn't convert to an institutionalized fear paradigm.