• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims ONLY: Types of Kufr

AbuKhalid

Types of Kufr (Disbelief)
Source: Al-Firdous, Ltd. UK
Courtesy Of: Islaam.com​

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]The Qu'ran uses the word Kufr to denote people who cover up or hide realities. The Qu'ran uses this word to identify those who denied Allah's favors by not accepting His Dominion and Authority. Kufr thus is an antonym for Iman or disbelief in Allah and a Kafir is a non-believer. This type of Kufr is called AL-KUFRUL AKBAR or major kufr. There are many types of Al-Kufrul Akbar [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]1. Kufrul-'Inaad: [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Disbelief out of stubborness. This applies to someone who knows the truth and admits to knowing the truth and admits to knowing it with his tongue, but refuses to accept it and refrains from making a declaration. Allah(swt) says: Throw into Hell every stubborn disbeliever [Surah Qaaf (50), Ayah 24] [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]
2. Kufrul-Inkaar:
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Disbelief out of denial. This applies to someone who denies with both heart and tongue. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Allah(swt) says: They recognize the favors of Allah, yet they deny them. Most of them are disbelievers. [Surah Nahl(16), Ayah 83] [/FONT]
3. Kufrul-Kibr:
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Disbelief out of arrogance and pride. The disbelief by the devils (Iblis) is an example of this type of Kufr. [/FONT]
4. Kufrul-Juhood:
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Disbebelief out of rejection. This applies to someone who aknowledges the truth in his heart, but rejects it with his tongue. This types of kufr is applicable to those who calls themselves Muslims but who reject any necessary and accepted norms of Islam such as Salaat and Zakat. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Allah (swt) says: They denied them (OUR SIGNS) even though their hearts believed in them , out of spite and arrogance. [Surah Naml(27), Ayah 14] [/FONT]
5. Kufrul-Nifaaq:
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Disbelief out of hypocrisy.This applies to someone who pretends to be a believer but conceals his disbelief. Such a person is called a MUNAFIQ or hypocrite. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Allah( swt) says: Verily the hypocrites will be in the lowest depths of Hell. You will find no one to help them. [Surah An Nisaa (4), Ayah 145] [/FONT]
6. Kufrul-Istihaal:
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Disbelief out of trying to make HARAM into HALAL. This applies to someone who accepts as lawful (Halal) that which Allah has made unlawful(Haram) like alcohol or adultery.Only Allah(swt) has the prerogative to make things Halal and Haram and those who seek to interfere with His right are like rivals to Him and therefore fall outside the boundries of faith. [/FONT]
7. Kufrul-Kurh:
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Disbelief out of detesting any of Allah's(swt) commands. Allah(swt) says: Perdition (destruction) has been consigned to those who disbelieve and He will render their actions void. This is because they are averse to that which Allah has revealed so He has made their actions fruitless. [Surah Muhammed (47), Ayah 8-9] [/FONT]
8. Kufrul-Istihzaha:
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Disbelief due to mockery and derision. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Allah (swt) says: Say: Was it at Allah, His signs and His apostles that you were mocking? Make no excuses. You have disbelieved after you have believed. [Surah Taubah (9), ayah 65-66] [/FONT]
9. Kufrul-I'raadh:
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Disbelief due to avoidance. This applies to those who turn away and avoid the truth. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Allah(swt) says: And who is more unjust than he who is reminded of his Lord's signs but then turns away from them. Then he forgets what he has sent forward (for the Day of Judgement) [Surah Kahf(18), Ayah 57] [/FONT]
10. Kufrul-Istibdaal:
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Disbelief because of trying to substitute Allah's Laws. This could take the form of: (a) Rejection of Allah's law(Shariah) without denying it (b) Denial of Allah's law and therefore rejecting it, or (c) Substituting Allah's laws with man-made laws. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Allah (swt) says: Or have they partners with Allah who have instituted for them a religion which Allah has not allowed. [Surah Shuraa(42), Ayah 8] [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Allah(swt) says: Say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely (that) is lawful and this is forbidden so as to invent a lie against Allah. Verily, those who invent a lie against Allah will never prosper. [Surah Nahl (16), Ayah 116][/FONT]

Hi Abu Khalid,

Do you think all secular people, or Kufr, "cover up or deny realities"?
None of your categories of Kufr seem to contain any admirable qualities. Are there any admirable Kufr in the world?

Which category of Kufr, do you think, I fall into?

AbuKhalid

Hi Abu Khalid,

Do you think all secular people, or Kufr, "cover up or deny realities"?

Hi Mr Sprinkles.

Kufr is disbelief and the most widely understood definition of the word. From a Muslim perspective the reality is that Allah exists and everything which goes along with that is true (reality). So anyone who does not believe in Allah is guilty of kufr (covering up the reality of the existence of Allah).

Now many Muslims also fall into kufr. For example a "secular Muslim" who does not believe in implementing the Sharia is guilty of kufr. Democracy is a form of kufr as it seeks to give sovereignty to the people, while Allah has told us that sovereignty is for Him alone and in fact one of His Names and Attributtes is The Sovereign.

None of your categories of Kufr seem to contain any admirable qualities. Are there any admirable Kufr in the world?

No I don't. All comes from disbelief in Allah or part of what Allah gave us.

Which category of Kufr, do you think, I fall into?

I can't really judge but I would think number 2 as you deny Allah. Of course from your position you have reasons for doing so but that this ends in denial would mean the definition applies.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Hi Abu Khalid,

I hope this is not out of place:

Could the recognition of democracy as you pointed out in your above post be a reason for unrest in Afghanistan?
In a country like Iran, why is there a leader? If soverignty is given to Allah only, why does Grand Ayatollah Sayyid Ali Hoseyni Khamene'i lead the country? Is this acceptable because he is within Islam?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, my understanding is very poor.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6b/Seyyed_Ali_Hosseini_Khamenei.ogg

AbuKhalid

Hi Abu Khalid,

I hope this is not out of place:

Could the recognition of democracy as you pointed out in your above post be a reason for unrest in Afghanistan?

No, that has more to do with the fact that there is an occupation. But I believe the Mujahideen would continue fighting even after the occupation ends, until the Sharia is implemented.

In a country like Iran, why is there a leader? If soverignty is given to Allah only, why does Grand Ayatollah Sayyid Ali Hoseyni Khamene'i lead the country? Is this acceptable because he is within Islam?

Iran is Shia and so I can't really answer for them. But Sovereignty does not mean there will be no leader or that there will be no voting (people often confuse democracy and voting). Sovereignty for Allah means that we cannot over rule Allah or change His laws. Of course in a country which is democratic the people can by majority change whatever they like.

There is a good thread on Caliphate in the international politics section of the board which deals with alot of these questions.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/international-politics/80535-why-there-no-caliphate.html

Sorry if these are stupid questions, my understanding is very poor.

The questions where not stupid at all, indeed they are extremely relevant.

AbuKhalid

i'll pick up the defination i know from a dictionary;

the absence of hereditary or arbitrary class distinctions or privileges.

I will start a new thread for this if you don't mind as I think it is a very important issue for Muslims today. It will be some time later tonight or in the morning before I get the chance to however.

.lava

Veteran Member
I will start a new thread for this if you don't mind as I think it is a very important issue for Muslims today. It will be some time later tonight or in the morning before I get the chance to however.

OK :) i hope i don't miss it.

Sahar

Abu Khalid, we don't disagree that the authority belongs to Allah and the first authority in the Islamic state would be His laws and I don't see this as opposing to representation of people's will.
What if majority of "Muslims" in a certain country wanted a secular government? Can you force an Islamic government that follow Shari'a on them?
The Islamic government should represent its people's will.

AbuKhalid

Abu Khalid, we don't disagree that the authority belongs to Allah and the first authority in the Islamic state would be His laws and I don't see this as opposing to representation of people's will.
What if majority of "Muslims" in a certain country wanted a secular government? Can you force an Islamic government that follow Shari'a on them?
The Islamic government should represent its people's will.

Sharia tells us that they should be forced to live under it. I will go into more detail when I start a democracy thread - I just havent got around to it. The people don't have the right to over rule Allah who is The Sovereign and The Legislator.

Sahar

Sharia tells us that they should be forced to live under it. I will go into more detail when I start a democracy thread - I just havent got around to it. The people don't have the right to over rule Allah who is The Sovereign and The Legislator.
Sorry what the Shari'a tells exactly?
So the people would be ruled by the sword, iron and fire?! :sarcastic Would the people be loyal to such regime in the first place? Would this be a stable country?
I will go into more detail when I start a democracy thread
Ok.
You can reply here or when you start that thread.

AbuKhalid

Sorry what the Shari'a tells exactly?
So the people would be ruled by the sword, iron and fire?! :sarcastic Would the people be loyal to such regime in the first place? Would this be a stable country?
Ok.
You can reply here or when you start that thread.

The Sharia tells us that the earth belongs to Allah and that the religion should be for Allah. Why should the slaves of Allah be given a choice to disobey Him on His earth? This doesn't make sense from an Islamic point of view.

An evident example of when this happened was when after the death of the Prophet (SAW) some of the tribes decided not to pay Zakat. Abu Bakr waged war upon them until they submitted to the Sharia. Allah says:

"Fight them until there is no more Fitna and the religion is all for Allah"
8:39

.lava

Veteran Member
Sharia tells us that they should be forced to live under it.

i request you to offer verses from Noble Qur'an, from word of Allah, to prove what you're saying. Allah is not sadistic and Allah does not love cruel. Allah does not love munafiqs. Allah gave each person free will just to make sure people follow command volunteerly. free will of authority is not more or less valuable then mine. Allah did not send Prophets as dictators. if Allah did not give that kind of permisson to his most beloved ones, who's there to say he is better than Prophets....tell me.

AbuKhalid

i request you to offer verses from Noble Qur'an, from word of Allah, to prove what you're saying. Allah is not sadistic and Allah does not love cruel. Allah does not love munafiqs. Allah gave each person free will just to make sure people follow command volunteerly. free will of authority is not more or less valuable then mine. Allah did not send Prophets as dictators. if Allah did not give that kind of permisson to his most beloved ones, who's there to say he is better than Prophets....tell me.

Read up. I did give the verse. We are ordered to fight them until the religion is for Allah alone. If the religion is for Allah alone then this is Sharia.

Leaving that aside, is the Quran the only source of legislation?

AbuKhalid

this verse is from surah "SPOIL OF WAR" and it is about war. Allah does not give permission to start war when there is peace.

Says who? Surah number two is called "The Cow" but that doesn't mean that it only deals with cows.

Where in this thread have I said to start a war? The issue is about the Sovereignty of Allah. If Muslims rebel against that rule then it is completely legitimate for the Islamic state to use force. Do you believe Abu Bakr was wrong to wage war on those who didnt pay the Zakat? Do you also think non Muslim countries shouldnt put down rebellion?