• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims Only: Nation of "Islam"?

Aamer

Truth Seeker
I've met many people who tell me initially that they are Muslim. Then later I find out they are Nation of Islam. This is very misleading. There are many sects of Islam that I may not agree with. Some even claim to believe in a messenger after Prophet Muhammad. While I may not agree with them, I won't call them Non-Muslims because every still believe Quran is from the creator. But Nation of Islam actually believe that GOD himself came to Earth in human form. This is the worst kind of blasphemy and fabrication if less against God. Have they not read their Quran? This clearly makes them non-Muslim. Any opinions on this matter? I'd especially love to hear from NOI members.

Aamer

Truth Seeker
Another note, the Quran promotes racial equality and does not give one race, color or nationality priority over another. How do you justify the ethnocentric attitude using Quran? If they even believe in Quran that is. And if they don't believe Quran is from God, they have no business calling themselves Muslim. Please explain NOI. I'm waiting.

Matemkar

Aamer. Did you ask your questions to the many people you know who truned out to be muslim brethren of NOI?

And I don't think there's any NOI members here. And, since they are not here to talk about their own beliefs, correct misunderstandings or explain their views, Quranic verse applies; "..Let not some people among you deride another people; it may be that the latter are better than the former..."

Thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:

Aamer

Truth Seeker
Here's what I know so far. To my face, they will tell me that they are my brothers and that the only difference is that they believe Wallace Fard Muhammad was GOD (enough of a claim to say they're non-Muslim in my humble opinion). But online, I find their beliefs are really mysterious. They don't say much a outside of their mission statement. But there are several insider reports that state they believe a mad scientist thousands of years ago created the "White Devil" race and that there is no heaven and hell, God is human and black, UFO's, Wallace Fard Muhammad going back on the mother ship, Space aliens, multiple competing Gods. Some crazy alleged beliefs. I'm just looking for answers. If these beliefs are false, say so. If they're true, please don't call yourselves Nation of Islam. It's insulting to us monotheists. Call yourselves "Nation of Black Supremacist Star Trek" or something more appropriate. Answers NOI, or too brainwashed? I'm waiting.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
-- Mod Post --

Attention to all members; please remember this is in the Same Faith Debates section. As this is a topic in Same Faith Debates for Muslims, if you are not Muslim then please do not comment in this thread. This section is purple, meaning only members who adhere to this ideology may post in this thread. This is in accordance with Rule 10:

"The Same Faith Debates subforum is specifically for debate between members of the same faith. Members that are not part of a same faith debate thread's selected faith may not post at all in those threads. The Political "Only" subforums are also used specifically for that group and may not be posted in by members that do not correspond to the political position of the subforum. These two forums are colored purple."​

If the topic interests you then please consider making a thread on this topic outside of the Same Faith Debates Area. Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.

-- End of Mod Post --

F0uad

I think the "Nation of Blacks'' is something in the past it was created when there was much racism among Americans. I don't belief its that big anymore..

OurCreed

There is no God but Allah
God cannot turn into a human, because God is infinite, and a human is a finite being.

It is impossible for an infinite being to transform itself into a finite being, so it is IMPOSSIBLE for God to turn himself into ANYTHING that resembles his creation.

Recite the 3rd last chapter of the Holy Qur'an.

1. In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Ever Merciful.
2. Say! He is Allah, the One.
3. The Eternal, The Absolute, The Independent, and The Most Besought of All.
4. He begets not, nor is he begotten.
5. AND THERE IS 'NONE' THAT IS LIKE UNTO HIM. (Meaning, there is nothing in this universe that closely resembles the creator. There is nothing in this creation that looks like the creator).

The NOI, I wouldn't call them Kaffirs, we are not allowed to do that, but may Allah (swt) guide them. I am sure many of them are just misguided but good people anyhow.

F0uad

I actually see the Nation of Islam as the Ahmaidyah community many comparisons...

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
I can not fully express how I feel for these NOIers without crossing lines.

They are to be dispised. They create fitnah saying Fard Muhammad was Allah in person (astigfurllah)!

They claim to follow Quran, yet they contradict the Quran and make up their own doctrines. They are a nation of kufar and must be stayed away from.

On FB I am in one of their groups. One insult ou Prophet (saws) in the worst ways. May Allah destroy them.

To me, Fard, Elijah and Farrakhan are lower then dogs and pigs. The same as dirt.

May Allah awaken those who are brainwashed. For they must be to read Quran and still believe the nonsense.

F0uad

Name em then.
Both groups make the claim that a new prophet came.
Both groups divided Muslims in two more sects.
Both groups contradict mainstream Islam.
Both groups claim that there guidance is "foretold" by miss presenting the Quran and Hadith.

Want more?
I just see both as sects that have no place in Islam, if tomorrow pop ups a new religion i will call it a sect also.

Last edited:

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
Yet Ahmadiyyah do not claim Allah came as a person.

Nor do ahmadiyyah teach race supremacy

The Ahmadiyyah are really harmless in that they don't do and teach as much evil. NOI on the other hand....

Anyway, don't be a hypocrite. You stick up for Shia.

F0uad

Yet Ahmadiyyah do not claim Allah came as a person.

Nor do ahmadiyyah teach race supremacy

The Ahmadiyyah are really harmless in that they don't do and teach as much evil. NOI on the other hand....

Anyway, don't be a hypocrite. You stick up for Shia.
Assad please don't be childish your last remark was really silly.

They maybe don't claim that Allah(swt) came as a person but they do claim that a new prophet came (What is kuffar) and they also belief that he is the Messiah and Mahdi.
They divided Muslims what is also kuffar according to the Quran so they are harmful moreover they teach un-islamic teachings.

I "don't" stick up for Shia beliefs i stick up for people moreover if you actually researched Orthodox Shiasm you would know that they are very close to Sunnis and always lived in peace. The Calphiat's in the past accept Shiasm and the Shia's accepted Sunnism if The Ahmiday sect existed back then i am pretty sure it would be destroyed in a couple of seconds.

O and Shiaism existed from the early ages of Islam i just developed into something different, Shia's scholars in the past have contributed much to Islamic lecture as did Sunnis.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
You're joking right? Shia mock A'isha and companions, claim their Imams to be infallible in atters of faith (something only Prophets are) and clai their Imams can see the unseens (something only Allah(swt) can know). Resemble ahlul sunnah? Right

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
You're joking right? Shia mock A'isha and companions, claim their Imams to be infallible in atters of faith (something only Prophets are) and clai their Imams can see the unseens (something only Allah(swt) can know). Resemble ahlul sunnah? Right

I have heard that a sect of Shia's believe the same as the Ahlus Sunah.

And the sect of Shia stems from early scholars who believed that Ali bin Abu Talib should have been the Khalifah and that Khilafah should have remained within the household of the Prophet. This latter view is contrary to the hadith which say that Imamah (leadership) is for the Quraish, not necessarily for the Bani Hashim (the clan of the Prophet within the Quraish)

And those who were the first of this view go as far back as the Tabi'in if not the Sahaba themselves.

Please be careful who exactly you include in your statements of who or what Shia's are. Either be more specific or don't speak as calling a believer a kaffir makes you a kaffir.

I am only asking you to be careful in what you say.

Aamer

Truth Seeker
I actually see the Nation of Islam as the Ahmaidyah community many comparisons...

I think that's going a bit too far Fouad. I'm no Ahmadiyya supporter, but at least they don't believe God came to Earth in human form. Nor do they believe ancient scientists genetically manufactured the white race and that an alien space ship is going to come and rescue the black race. NOI are just simply fruity on fruity loops. You can't compare them to Ahmadis. NOI are deceptively using the name of Islam. As for what is mainstream Islam? Sure Ahmadis are out of that. But so am I according to mainstream scholars. But what guarantee do you have that the mainstream is right? When has it ever been right other than during the lifetime of one of Gods prophets?

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
I have heard that a sect of Shia's believe the same as the Ahlus Sunah.

And the sect of Shia stems from early scholars who believed that Ali bin Abu Talib should have been the Khalifah and that Khilafah should have remained within the household of the Prophet. This latter view is contrary to the hadith which say that Imamah (leadership) is for the Quraish, not necessarily for the Bani Hashim (the clan of the Prophet within the Quraish)

And those who were the first of this view go as far back as the Tabi'in if not the Sahaba themselves.

Please be careful who exactly you include in your statements of who or what Shia's are. Either be more specific or don't speak as calling a believer a kaffir makes you a kaffir.

I am only asking you to be careful in what you say.
Those whose only fault is what you mention is not the mainstream. I am speaking fo mainstream shia. If I am wrong and proven that the beliefs I speak of are not mainstream shia, then I will ask for forgiveness.

F0uad

Those whose only fault is what you mention is not the mainstream. I am speaking fo mainstream shia. If I am wrong and proven that the beliefs I speak of are not mainstream shia, then I will ask for forgiveness.

Like i said many Shia's "leaders" have developed Shiaism into something alien of Islam but the original and orthodox view was not that far of Sunism. If we look at history the Shia's always lived in a Sunni Caliphate's for a reason, they were seen as Muslims. Was it not Iraq and Iran were the greatest scholars came from?

F0uad

I think that's going a bit too far Fouad. I'm no Ahmadiyya supporter, but at least they don't believe God came to Earth in human form. Nor do they believe ancient scientists genetically manufactured the white race and that an alien space ship is going to come and rescue the black race. NOI are just simply fruity on fruity loops. You can't compare them to Ahmadis. NOI are deceptively using the name of Islam. As for what is mainstream Islam? Sure Ahmadis are out of that. But so am I according to mainstream scholars. But what guarantee do you have that the mainstream is right? When has it ever been right other than during the lifetime of one of Gods prophets?
What i personally do is look into the early lives of the companions and prophet(saws) and see if my beliefs contradict that if not i can assume that i am right to hold the belief i have. I do this with all sects and all new ideas if they contradict the early lives and teachings of the prophet(saws) and companions then they are not acceptable in my eyes.

I know that the Ahimday sect does not belief in a incarnated God and the same goes for many followers of the NOI, the NOI actually developed there beliefs closer to Orthodox Islam in time. Like i said both belief that a new guidance came, that a new prophet came, divided Muslims in two more sects and i can continue.

All these things are Kuffar according to my understanding of Islam.