• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

**Muslims Only**Dear Muslims, I have a question.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
can you tell me where does in the quran it specify how to pray salah? how many times do we pray?

can you tell me in quran how to do ghusl? how to do wudhu?

can you tell me in quran (without looking at the hadith) where is ayatul kursi?

can you tell me in quran which surah to recite when you start your salah?

With the exception of Wuduu, the Quran doesn't actually specify anything in regards to those things. Unlike Hijab, where something is actually specified.

In Wuduu's case and hijab's, since certain things are specified in the Quran, you can't claim if people do it according to the quran they would be wrong.

Or in other words, since there are already things specified in the Quran for it, the position of people who might not accept the info Hadiths have inserted on the matter is more understandable. And you other examples become irrelevant.

Also one more thing, she isn't saying hijab (as in the modest dress) is not required, just whether or not the headscarf is part of the hijab. Some people view the hijab, or this modest requirement in Islam, to actually be the niqab. So the question is about the characteristics of the dress, not whether or not dressing modestly is required in Islam.

you seem to be dodging these stuff, instead of answering it.

Some topics just get boring through time. People might not have the inclination to discuss some things in details because they already had too much of that. Especially when there is nothing that indicates for them that the discussion at hand will be any better than the ones they had before, if not actually worse.

answer it, =]

if you can't then come to me so that I can explain you why Hijab is in islam.

She answered you, but you didn't get her answer.

Its about understanding what you study, not study for "YEARS" without understanding.

What puts you in a position to make that kind of judgement?

With the exception of Wuduu, the Quran doesn't actually specify anything in regards to those things. Unlike Hijab, where something is actually specified.

In Wuduu's case and hijab's, since certain things are specified in the Quran, you can't claim if people do it according to the quran they would be wrong.

Or in other words, since there are already things specified in the Quran for it, the position of people who might not accept the info Hadiths have inserted on the matter is more understandable. And you other examples become irrelevant.

Also one more thing, she isn't saying hijab (as in the modest dress) is not required, just whether or not the headscarf is part of the hijab. Some people view the hijab, or this modest requirement in Islam, to actually be the niqab. So the question is about the characteristics of the dress, not whether or not dressing modestly is required in Islam.

You did not understand me aswell, you are yourself admitting that there is mentioning of Hijab in the quran, if yes, could you please explain it to her? =]

I am not talking about niqab here, I am talking about hijab, if you followed all the way since I started about this, you would understand that the context of my post are about hijab. And also we have been debating about hijab, not niqaab.

Some topics just get boring through time. People might not have the inclination to discuss some things in details because they already had too much of that. Especially when there is nothing that indicates for them that the discussion at hand will be any better than the ones they had before, if not actually worse.

where did she answer me? and where did she ask me a question?

those question I layed out, did she answer any of them?

and for me not answering her, where did the ask me a question? if she did, can you quote it so that I may answer it?

Where am I making a judgment?, its a statment not a judgment.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You did not understand me aswell, you are yourself admitting that there is mentioning of Hijab in the quran, if yes, could you please explain it to her? =]

Why are you so intent on drilling this into my head? I never said hijab isn't in the Qur'an, I said that it's not detailed in the Qur'an. It's interpretable.

I am not talking about niqab here, I am talking about hijab, if you followed all the way since I started about this, you would understand that the context of my post are about hijab. And also we have been debating about hijab, not niqaab.

:facepalm:

and for me not answering her, where did the ask me a question? if she did, can you quote it so that I may answer it?

Can you drop this, please? You are acting as judge and jury throughout this thread. Badran said that I answered YOUR question, but you didn't get, as in "understand" my reply.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I understood what you said quite well, you just didn't read what i wrote appropriately. Again, Hijab isn't the headscarf, its the entire modest dress. She's not questioning whether or not modest dress is required in Islam, just its characteristics.

The reason she uses the word hijab is just a cultural difference, hijab in the west refers to the headscarf (and this misunderstanding is done here too sometimes), but the word doesn't actually mean that, as we both know.

I never said she asked you a question, you're either not reading what i wrote carefully, or perhaps there is a little problem in communicating in English. I said 'you didn't get her answer', as in, you didn't understand it. Not that you didn't answer her question.

You're making a judgement that she studied for years without understanding. Or were you not referring to her in particular?

Or were you saying that studying for years without understanding is not good, just in case she's doing that?

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

:clap Indeed. :)

islam abduallah

Okayy...I read some of it, but it does not convince me of Niqab being Farz :no:

well at least you gain information and knows how the other side is thinking, i myself accept both i mean i don't blame the women who don't wear Niqab but i respect them

but if some body asked me about my opinion, i'll say "i 'm convinced that it's farz" but anyway my opinion isn't too important as i'm not a woman so i can't implement this Virtue :)

and for sure i can't force my kin's women to wear it but i convince some of them :)

have a nice day

salam :)

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
well at least you gain information and knows how the other side is thinking, i myself accept both i mean i don't blame the women who don't wear Niqab but i respect them

but if some body asked me about my opinion, i'll say "i 'm convinced that it's farz" but anyway my opinion isn't too important as i'm not a woman so i can't implement this Virtue :)

and for sure i can't force my kin's women to wear it but i convince some of them :)

have a nice day

salam :)

Why is niqab so important to you? Hijab too?

ConfusedKuri

and why do you remove it?

You cannot do anything with it on, work, go to school etc. People will stare at you and abuse you, it's really dangerous to wear it without having someone accompany you, PLUS and that's probably the true reason behind MY removing it I found it was unneccessary to wear it especially in the west :areyoucra imho it is NOT farz and I rarely hear anybody saying it is.

islam abduallah

You cannot do anything with it on, work, go to school etc. People will stare at you and abuse you, it's really dangerous to wear it without having someone accompany you, PLUS and that's probably the true reason behind MY removing it I found it was unneccessary to wear it especially in the west :areyoucra imho it is NOT farz and I rarely hear anybody saying it is.

may Allah protect you from the racists

Ameen

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
everything of islam is important to me, specially if i find that the enemies of islam fighting it

Clearly you're not referring to me as an enemy. :(

Look, I've said this before (even in this thread), that I will fight for women's rights to wear whatever THEY choose (NOT THEIR husbands, fathers, brothers, mullahs, etc.). If these women feel wearing niqab brings them closer to God, and if it's their freewill to wear it, fine.

However...

I will also fight for women's rights to NOT wear the hijab/niqab, and I'll fight for the persecution of them to stop.

No woman should feel forced to wear or not wear anything.

islam abduallah

Clearly you're not referring to me as an enemy. :(

oh!! sister, you are not one of them you are a muslim like me, i mean who hate islam and try to distort it's face, please don't misunderstand my words

[/QUOTE] Look, I've said this before (even in this thread), that I will fight for women's rights to wear whatever THEY choose (NOT THEIR husbands, fathers, brothers, mullahs, etc.). If these women feel wearing niqab brings them closer to God, and if it's their freewill to wear it, fine.

However...

I will also fight for women's rights to NOT wear the hijab/niqab, and I'll fight for the persecution of them to stop.

No woman should feel forced to wear or not wear anything.[/QUOTE]

i agree with you, it should be their will nit their kin's will

Jason

do you think there will ever come a time when Allah will help men to overcome this absurd weakness/uncontrollable desire they have???
We all get new angelic bodies that are not mastered by, but master such things, upon Resurrection. It's all over the Holy Qur'an.

muslim-

It is not a requirement, although encouraged. Some say its obligatory. Historically (no longer talking religion here.. just saying) slave women would be the one that show their faces, while the nobles and/or religious women would cover.

Much of the womans beauty is in the face anyway. It makes perfect sense.

Much of whats talked about is usually related to the mental image some have because of the media. An Englishwoman on a wagon pulled by horses, with her face nearly covered, hardly raises the same question.

Also, when a nun covers her hair (different topic I know but related to mental image) is perfectly fine, maybe even adorable to some. But if its a Muslim woman? Things are perceived very, very differently.

So I think we're really talking about the mental image that comes to mind, than the issue itself. Its amazing how the human mind can work sometimes.

ohhcuppycakee

Some women like the privacy and feel it helps bring them closer to Allah. If a woman wants to cover her face, by all means, let her do it, but it is not obligatory in Islam. I think it is horrible if a woman is forced to wear it though. It should be out of her own desire and I have met a few niqabis who chose to wear it on their own and won't take it off for anything. I personally dislike the niqab, and only choose to wear the hijab. Everyone has a different comfort zone.