• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims, Jews, & Christians - A look at the seperation.

Michel07

Please elaborate?
Can we take Muhammad out of Islam?

Well, I did mention Allah not Islam. There is an old saying " prosperity creates complacency." The complacent easily forget their dependence upon God. I do not have a problem per se with those who call God " Allah " as it is only a word like God but like "God" could never do God justice.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Well, I did mention Allah not Islam. There is an old saying " prosperity creates complacency." The complacent easily forget their dependence upon God. I do not have a problem per se with those who call God " Allah " as it is only a word like God but like "God" could never do God justice.
Does that really answer my question?
so the God who made Muhammad into a prophet is your God?
does your theology have a room for the miracles experienced by Muhammad?

Michel07

And I am in my 60s.

Would you like to tell me what, specifically, should not be dismissed and why?

Excuse me for defending myself. Somehow though I believe you also might take offense to a total stranger who said " Friend , you are vastly ignorant..." Gee, I must be some kind of an anomaly to the human race.

Michel07

Does that really answer my question?
so the God who made Muhammad into a prophet is your God?
does your theology have a room for the miracles experienced by Muhammad?

Actually I only believe in 1 God regardless of His name. But I cannot speak for your other questions as they are not a part of my theology.

kai

ragamuffin
Actually I only believe in 1 God regardless of His name. But I cannot speak for your other questions as they are not a part of my theology.

so does that mean your god didn't reveal the quran to the prophet? and in fact mohamed is therefore not a prophet ?

or your god is Allah (whats in a name) but Muslims are mistaken somehow? or you don't know what god does or doesn't do?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Excuse me for defending myself. Somehow though I believe you also might take offense to a total stranger who said " Friend , you are vastly ignorant..."
No, I would find it laughable, much as I find your predictable inability to answer the question telling.

Michel07

so does that mean your god didn't reveal the quran to the prophet? and in fact mohamed is therefore not a prophet ?

or your god is Allah (whats in a name) but Muslims are mistaken somehow? or you don't know what god does or doesn't do?

Different religions and different people may have varying perceptions on God but I don't believe in the notions of " his God or my God" because I believe in only 1 God for all. Do I believe that everyone who says he is a prophet is one? Apparently not or I would be a fencesitting quasireligionist. That having been said I don't feel a need however to disrespect what other people have chosen to believe and there is a lot of that that goes on in this forum. I don't find it pleasent nor clever nor useful. Frankly, sometimes I wonder what they get out of it. There is some truth in all religions isn't there?

kai

ragamuffin
Different religions and different people may have varying perceptions on God but I don't believe in the notions of " his God or my God" because I believe in only 1 God for all. Do I believe that everyone who says he is a prophet is one? Apparently not or I would be a fencesitting quasireligionist. That having been said I don't feel a need however to disrespect what other people have chosen to believe and there is a lot of that that goes on in this forum. I don't find it pleasent nor clever nor useful. Frankly, sometimes I wonder what they get out of it. There is some truth in all religions isn't there?
the percetions are not just varying, there opposed!
If god didnt care about what peoples perceptions are of him there wouldnt be any revelations or prophets or messiahs --no?

Michel07

the percetions are not just varying, there opposed!
If god didnt care about what peoples perceptions are of him there wouldnt be any revelations or prophets or messiahs --no?

There are also some consistences between religions.I don't believe God cares in the way humans care about what people think of them but I do believe God cares about us. God doesn't have the frailties of insecurity.I'm curious, do you believe in God?

kai

ragamuffin
There are also some consistences between religions.I don't believe God cares in the way humans care about what people think of them but I do believe God cares about us. God doesn't have the frailties of insecurity.I'm curious, do you believe in God?

If God doesn't care why the revelations? the Torah,the Bible, the Quran, the revelation? the laws?,the prophecy?

and i haven't made my mind up yet , to be honest i haven't found a perception that i can deal with.

Michel07

If God doesn't care why the revelations? the Torah,the Bible, the Quran, the revelation? the laws?,the prophecy?

and i haven't made my mind up yet , to be honest i haven't found a perception that i can deal with.

God does care about us and our developement. Do you care about what some people think of you? Of course not and neither do I but that's because I'm sure neither of us are slaves to the opinions of others. Why should God be? I believe God's revelation is because of God's love and His desire for our growth on a spiritual level which is not fleeting like the mortal one. As far as perceptions of God goes ask me if I understand God. The answer is no. But I really believe that trying to understand God is like trying to pour the ocean into a glass. The glass is much too small and so are our heads. That should not be an impediment to belief because we can't understand the next door neighbor either.

kai

ragamuffin
God does care about us and our developement. Do you care about what some people think of you? Of course not and neither do I but that's because I'm sure neither of us are slaves to the opinions of others. Why should God be? I believe God's revelation is because of God's love and His desire for our growth on a spiritual level which is not fleeting like the mortal one. As far as perceptions of God goes ask me if I understand God. The answer is no. But I really believe that trying to understand God is like trying to pour the ocean into a glass. The glass is much too small and so are our heads. That should not be an impediment to belief because we can't understand the next door neighbor either.
If gods revelation is because of gods love , does it all depend then on which revelation you wish to believe in to take advantage of that love?

Maybe if you think god doesn't care about what we think of him then we should dismiss all revelation and just believe in one God? but if we believe in revelation (and you can take your pick) then you have to liken god to his revelation.

Michel07

If gods revelation is because of gods love , does it all depend then on which revelation you wish to believe in to take advantage of that love?

Maybe if you think god doesn't care about what we think of him then we should dismiss all revelation and just believe in one God? but if we believe in revelation (and you can take your pick) then you have to liken god to his revelation.

You don't speak for the human race, you speak for yourself, so maybe the real question should be " why should God care what you think of Him?" or better yet " what does God think of you?"

kai

ragamuffin
You don't speak for the human race, you speak for yourself, so maybe the real question should be " why should God care what you think of Him?" or better yet " what does God think of you?"

in answer to your questions, i couldn't really say because i haven't made a decision as to which of the "one Gods" revelations to ignore and which to believe is genuine. so i have no perception of god as such.

elisheba

in answer to your questions, i couldn't really say because i haven't made a decision as to which of the "one Gods" revelations to ignore and which to believe is genuine. so i have no perception of god as such.

ignore peoples "modern understandings" of ancient scriptures...read it yourself while simultaneously studying ancient culture and language

kai

ragamuffin

ignore peoples "modern understandings" of ancient scriptures...read it yourself while simultaneously studying ancient culture and language

if only i had the time or indeed the inclination to learn ancient languages? but then if i choose to believe the Muslim revelation i wouldn't need ancient languages but Arabic or is that too modern for you elisheba?

Last edited: