• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims attack Christians in Pakistan; Christians arrested.

David69

Angel Of The North
well, the boy had a run in with the vendor before. maybe the vendor was miffed because the boy wasnt touching his plumbs!! and in his rage by rejection or whatever the true reason ,he done what all the rats do, stured up the brown stinking stuff! Oh blastfemy, maybe hoping that the religious fanatics would murder the boy for not touching his plumbs. SOME humans are rats, arnt they? what had the boy done to desurve that? He viled my fruit!!! whats the world coming to eh?
Its all going to change when I rule the world... I give u my word :)

Smoke

Done here.
The problem is due to caste legacy of the Hindu religion,which has not disappeared after Pakistan choose Islam.
Why not? Islam was introduced to what is now Pakistan 1300 years ago, and the majority of the population have been Muslims for hundreds of years. If the caste system has been perpetuated for hundreds of years by Muslims, what has that got to do with the Hindu religion? How many centuries do you have to practice something before you are responsible for practicing it?

Metempsychosis

Reincarnation of 'Anti-religion'
Why not? Islam was introduced to what is now Pakistan 1300 years ago, and the majority of the population have been Muslims for hundreds of years.How many centuries do you have to practice something before you are responsible for practicing it?
I just wanted to say that ,Islam alone is not guilty of propagating sectarian division.:eek:

If the caste system has been perpetuated for hundreds of years by Muslims, what has that got to do with the Hindu religion?
Caste system is not sanctioned by Hinduism nor it has anything to with its philosophy....It is denigration of hindu religion.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I agree, it's not by any means Islam alone, quite the contrary. As I said, all groups of people have a tendency to this behavior. It's part of our nature, whether you see that as evolutionary or otherwise. Some factors tend to contribute to it or aggravate it. That's what I'm trying to get at: what is it about Islam that tends to cause Muslims to engage in this sort of behavior? Why did Christians used to do this a lot a few centuries ago, but less so now? What's going on here?

Smoke

Done here.
I just wanted to say that ,Islam alone is not guilty of propagating sectarian division.:eek:
Of course it's not. Humans love to divide up into "us" and "them." But if religion is powerless to teach people to behave better than that, what good is it? And if the adherents of a particular religion embrace that kind of behavior more often, and with more violence and fervor, than the adherents of other religions, what does that tell you about that religion?

Anytime people teach that theirs is the only true religion and everybody ought to belong to it, they're setting the stage for the dehumanization and oppression of others. The bloody histories of Islam, Christianity and Communism are not coincidental.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
And why, any time we try to ask these questions, do we have to wade through pages of defensiveness and obvious statements like, "It's not Islam alone." Duh. Now can we try to make some effort to figure out what's going on here?

kai

ragamuffin
And why, any time we try to ask these questions, do we have to wade through pages of defensiveness and obvious statements like, "It's not Islam alone." Duh. Now can we try to make some effort to figure out what's going on here?

I suggest the problem in Pakistan down to lost of factors. This may be of interest:

Pakistan suffers from a number of social, political, and economic problems. With a population roughly half that of the United States in an area slightly less than the size of two California's, Pakistan is experiencing unwanted growth. While projections indicate that the population growth rate of Pakistan may actually be decreasing, those same projections also predict that by the year 2050 Pakistan will have assumed its place as the third most populated nation in the world. A rapidly growing population, along with political tensions, both internal and external, and an economy trapped in a cycle of debt, all serve to prevent Pakistan from attaining the progress it needs to advance, and perhaps to survive.

61.2% of Pakistan illiterate

50.0% male illiteracy

75.6% female illiteracy

http://people.usd.edu/~clehmann/pop_prob/pakistan/problems.htm

Metempsychosis

Reincarnation of 'Anti-religion'
And if the adherents of a particular religion embrace that kind of behavior more often, and with more violence and fervor, than the adherents of other religions, what does that tell you about that religion?Anytime people teach that theirs is the only true religion and everybody ought to belong to it, they're setting the stage for the dehumanization and oppression of others. The bloody histories of Islam, Christianity and Communism are not coincidental.

Dogmatism in abrahamic religion probably reflect the conditions in which they were born (esp.Christianity and Islam).I think,it is upto the people to pick out good things that the religion has to offer.

Some factors tend to contribute to it or aggravate it.

I am not a great fan of those abrahamic religions either.They caused quite a lot of harm to pagans throughout the history.

That's what I'm trying to get at: what is it about Islam that tends to cause Muslims to engage in this sort of behavior?
IMHO,their community does not allow them to question/criticize their religion.This is a part of problem.

Why did Christians used to do this a lot a few centuries ago, but less so now? What's going on here?
Many of wealthy christian societies have reformed ,I don't see that happening with Islam,esp..when there are wars against some of the Islamic countries.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Algeria, Afghanistan, Morocco, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Tunisa, Somalia...

Why?

exactly, islam is one nation (one country) none of those countries represents islam, they have man made laws into their justice system.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
exactly, islam is one nation (one country) none of those countries represents islam, they have man made laws into their justice system.
So, in other words, Islam, as a national identity, is a figment of the imagination.

.lava

Veteran Member
So, in other words, Islam, as a national identity, is a figment of the imagination.

no, it means;

1-if one wants to learn Sharia, he needs not to know what's happening in Muslim nations but he needs to read Qur'an

2-People have left Qur'an

3-One does not need Sharia to be applied to society correctly to be a better man. he can always learn and follow rules as an individual. everyone is responsible of his own actions even though we live in societies together

4- We are in end times and every single thing Mohammad SAW has said about end times is actually happening 1 by 1, no Muslim would be surprised

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
no, it means;

1-if one wants to learn Sharia, he needs not to know what's happening in Muslim nations but he needs to read Qur'an

2-People have left Qur'an

3-One does not need Sharia to be applied to society correctly to be a better man. he can always learn and follow rules as an individual. everyone is responsible of his own actions even though we live in societies together

4- We are in end times and every single thing Mohammad SAW has said about end times is actually happening 1 by 1, no Muslim would be surprised

Yes, .lava, I know this tap dance well enough. I would however love to see you write up point #4, in the ISLAM Dir, in a point by point form. That would be very interesting reading. If you have the inclination, that is.

Wannabe Yogi

Pakistan has serious problems:

Pakistan: Report on violence against Christians released
Report prepared by the Christian Study Center lists incidents of violence perpetrated against Christians. Among them were nine women and children burnt alive in their homes.

There is no doubt that religious minorities are persecuted in Pakistan. The fact is that Pakistan is almost a failed state. The government of Pakistan can't even control all of it's land with in it's borders. I do not believe that all the problems of Pakistan can be placed on the shoulders of Islam. It also should be noted that Pakistan has fanned the flames of extremism and now it's biting them in the butt.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

If so, it's the Muslims that live there that have made them. Every country I named is more than 90% Muslim.

I see, so actual Muslims, and actual Muslim countries, don't represent Islam. You, for example, don't represent Islam.

Let's just, for convenience, call these people "so-called Muslims" then. Does that work for you?

gnomon

An incredible display of human ignorance.

That the article even mentions someone using the phrase for 'untouchable', which as far as I know is not a dominant theme among the majority of Muslim or Christian believers, tells me that there are probably distinct ethnic or familial groups involved in this small conflict.

Divisions in Pakistan run far deeper than religious ideologies. Just as they do everywhere else.