• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims! Answer this question for me!

OakLeaf

Who can a Muslim man marry? I already asked several people and they all had difference in opinion. I need quotes from Quran with detailed translation. Please don't pick and chose your answer, state it like it is. People of the Book, I think also includes Jews, so then, don't exclude Jews..you know what I mean!

Thanks.

OakLeaf

"Traditionally, only in one case can a Muslim woman marry outside of Islam, and this is the case where the woman is guilty of sexual transgression, as denoted in Sura An Nur of the Qur'an: "The adulterer may marry only an adulteress or an idolatress; and the adulteress may marry only an adulterer or an idolater…" [24:3] As stated in this verse, this rule equally applies to the Muslim man who is guilty of this same offense."

If a Muslim man committed fornication with a non-Muslim woman, can he marry her to make it halal? She is a believer in One God, and prophets and angels but she does not declare Islam. She is not atheist, or Buddhist or whatever.

Thank you.

iloveislam

Muslim
From that article...
"that she is something else – such as Buddhist, Zoroastrian or communist."

I'm sorry, communist is a religion now?

Thanks for your question.

Technicallay speaking, yes.

In Islam, the correct word for a persons "religion" is Deen (in Arabic).

Deen can be translated into English as: "the way of life" (not religion)

The word deen is very broad since it comprises all ways of life - even athiests, agnostics and communists which are not correctly represented by the word "religion".

You cannot say that Atheism is a religion but you can say that it is a Deen (i.e. a way of life).

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
You cannot say that Atheism is a religion but you can say that it is a Deen (i.e. a way of life).

I hope this is not debating, because I mean no offense. It is more accurate to say Humanism is a way of life, since Atheism does not come with any philosophical instructions.

elisheba

A chaste Muslim may marry a chaste Muslimah, Jewess, or Christian. An unchaste Muslim may marry an unchaste Muslimah, Jewess, or Christian.

Ichiraku_raman

Muslim men can marry women from among the people of the book, that i have studied in many places. That is because the man has more of a say in family matters, and this way, the children could be made Muslim. That is just the reason why Muslim women cannot marry Non Muslim men.

blm2007

Well brother see, it's a very straight forward issue.Any Muslim man can marry a woman of any religion considering that the woman would convert Muslim too before or after marriage.The same works with Muslim woman.They can also marry non-Muslim man but the guy should get Muslim before of after Nikah.Then there is no problem or restrictions at all.
-------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator: