• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslim Xtremists:

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
xtremists.jpg

:D

five5

Nehustan

I have to say that this brought a smile to my face and I'm muslim. However what would have been VERY clever would have been to show a 'base' jumper freefalling off a high building, as Al Qaeda means 'The base'.

Nehustan

I had to have a play on photoshop...came up with some really distasteful copy, but despite my dark sense of humour will restrain myself....I thought a more tame caption might be....

Extreme.jpg

'Muslim Extremist...'The Base' Jumper!!!​

Nehustan

Ok...now I'm not so sure if this will be met well, probably not, but this leads on from my last two posts...and a little bit of photoshop work...definately along the same theme. I don't think its so much 'funny' rather a clever idea (not my idea) taken to...dare I say it... the extreme. However, still on topic I think.

The_Base_Jumper.jpg

Yerda

Veteran Member
Nehustan said:
Ok...now I'm not so sure if this will be met well, probably not...
If I were you I might have went with my instincts on this one buddy. Whether or not you can laugh, there may well be people on this board who lost family or friends on that day, even if not I find it hard not to picture people being offended or hurt by this. Perhaps you could reconsider the value of that picture to this thread...

Nehustan

Thanks Jaiket, I actually think you are right, but I think I'm going to leave it up. I do actually think it is in extremely bad taste, but I think in light of many other threads I will leave it up, I have decided to stay out of multiple threads over the last few weeks, but I think that this can stand as my reply to them. The idea naturally leads on from the religious stereotype of Muslim extremists with sunnah beards, albeit jovial. I think that Osama fulfils this stereotype, in fact history may in fact colour him the archetype. Given him as the archetype and his association with 911, I think that the artwork is certainly a logical response and progression from the OP.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I agree with Nehustan. I do think that the image could be taken offensively, but it does progress from the OP.