• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslim man sentenced to death for blasphemy in Pakistan

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Well, it's not really quite similar with christianity, there is a huge number of muslim fundamentalists... millions probably... Have you seen the tens of thousands of people protesting against Macron because that guy ( president of France ) defended the freedom of speach, to mock a religious figure it is in a way a form of disrespect but to take one man's life because it mocked your imaginary god, then that behavior is the behavior of a cave man that has not evolved to this day and age.
I was referring to different muslims interpreting Islam differently. Yeah, there are loads of fundamentalist muslims. What is difficult is to figure out is what is the balance of influence that causes them to act like this between, the scriptures, what they are taught and economic situation of the country. Christianity underwent the Reformation which changed everything for the religion, gradually stripping power from the church which enacted blasphemy laws and killed people for apostasy years ago. The Islamic World hasn't undergone such a thing and if it did, we do not know what the result would be. Besides, under God's "perfect" law in the bible, apostasy and blasphemy was punishable by death under the mosaic law, and apparently his law was perfect. Killing non believers is an Abrahamic religion thing. Christianity is peaceful now, but come Armageddon, Jesus will apparently kill people. At least according to millennialist eschatology that I know of.

Please, even in Indonesia there is christian persecution, let's not forget 2018 when many died and many more were hurt. All muslim countries have one form or another of persecution against those that they dislike. I know about Saudi Arabia, a very muslim country, heard countless upon countless stories about workers being treated like slaves, not being payed and so on.
I was referring specifically to laws. If Indonesia was truly pro Christian persecution it would have adjusted its laws to conform to it like many other muslim countries. At the moment they seem to be indifferent. As for Saudi, most muslims I know even think that the country is trash.

The muslim world is the world of the fundamentalists and they are everywhere.
Look, criticism of Islam is relatively new, so the muslims still have to adjust to it and adapt. At the moment the religion has a fragile ego. The Ex Muslim community is getting larger and larger ever day. As the years go by the animosity will eventually reach its climax, in which muslims fight against these ideas which are alien to them, but eventually Islam will either have to evolve and adapt like the Catholic Church had to, or Islam will eventually cease to exist.