• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Muslim is the New Jew"

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
yes, that is irritating no matter what, considering there are people who actually behead another literally. this kind of men are results of certain stuff and now they appear on news as reasons. where's this anger and rage coming from? if you ask this to haters of Islam they would say "because they are Muslims" but they were Muslims 10 years ago yet they never showed any anger like this.
That is why I prefer to call them mentally unbalanced.

btw; just because he is among Muslims and he is dark does not prove he is a Muslim. i think i should mention it. we had some incidents here in Turkey lately. seems like there are men who's given duty to cause damage to Islam and to cause chaos, i mean they are not really followers of Islam but they pretend to be and they go and kill or attack people, if you know what i mean.
I hear you, .lava, but who are you to say who is a Muslim and who is not?

yes, that is irritating no matter what, considering there are people who actually behead another literally. this kind of men are results of certain stuff and now they appear on news as reasons. where's this anger and rage coming from? if you ask this to haters of Islam they would say "because they are Muslims" but they were Muslims 10 years ago yet they never showed any anger like this.

btw; just because he is among Muslims and he is dark does not prove he is a Muslim. i think i should mention it. we had some incidents here in Turkey lately. seems like there are men who's given duty to cause damage to Islam and to cause chaos, i mean they are not really followers of Islam but they pretend to be and they go and kill or attack people, if you know what i mean.

I do not know where this has come from, 10 years ago, Muslims were just another religion, no problem... Come 9/11, 7/7, (the Mumbai one) and so many other attacks, the world turns on them. I do not think that it is the right way to go. The world needs to NOT damage Islam. But at the same time, especially in the UK, CERTAIN Muslims need to be watched. We have a lot of dodgy lot. Especially Finsbury Park Mosque (BBC NEWS | UK | Mosque in the spotlight) I do not hate Muslims (just certain ones :D) or Islam.

That Guy.. LOL :D

Yeah, i see what you mean, and i probably does happen, but i dont think that was so in that case.

.lava

Veteran Member
That is a remarkable and remarkably disturbing statement.

the ideology Western named as radical Islam is not what Mohammad (PBUH) taught people around him, it is not the path he invited people and it is definetely not what we learn, practice and teach. would you explain what's disturbing about it?

.lava

Veteran Member
Is it unreasonable to glean such from the pithy comment above?

dear, how come saying "there are people who pretend to be Muslims" equal deciding who's Muslim and who's not? i am just saying having dark skin, specially with veiled face and striking pose looking directly at the camera with a pancart in his hands does not prove he is a Muslim. however maybe you decide he is. you tell me what makes you sure he is Muslim? everybody is so sure he is, right? is it because he carries that pancard and appears to be wanting people to be beheaded? and that proves he is a Muslim, right?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
dear, how come saying "there are people who pretend to be Muslims" equal deciding who's Muslim and who's not? i am just saying having dark skin, specially with veiled face and striking pose looking directly at the camera with a pancart in his hands does not prove he is a Muslim. however maybe you decide he is. you tell me what makes you sure he is Muslim? everybody is so sure he is, right? is it because he carries that pancard and appears to be wanting people to be beheaded? and that proves he is a Muslim, right?

:rolleyes: That is pretty weak, .lava.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
the ideology Western named as radical Islam is not what Mohammad (PBUH) taught people around him, ...
So says .lava but Ayman al-Zawahiri and Hassa al-Turabi and Hassan Nasrallah and Imam Khomeini and Khaled Meshal and countless others say differently and preach differently and teach differently in countless madrasahs and mosques.
would you explain what's disturbing about it?
Denial enables. It is grossly irresponsible and extremely dangerous.

Last edited:
I think today, that Islam is becoming not the new Jew, but the new Nazi. Both terms are taboo and seem to be synonimous with terror or hate. Many Islamic leaders openly preach hate of America and any "zionist" country or peoples.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I think today, that Islam is becoming not the new Jew, but the new Nazi. Both terms are taboo and seem to be synonimous with terror or hate. Many Islamic leaders openly preach hate of America and any "zionist" country or peoples.
Wow. Someone is going to have a fatwa on their head :p

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
My country is only recently moving out from under the yoke that the Catholic church put on it. Misogyny, sex abuse, no divorce, illegal contraception, homosexuality illegal, a clergy terrorizing the most vulnerable, license for marital rape. The list goes on but you get my point?
I don't think that Catholicism is synonymous with evil but it would be quite easy to construct an argument that it is.
You paint with too broad a brush and in doing so -i.e. by declaring that Islam seems synonymous with terror or hate - you are just ranting

Reactions: kai

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Same old tumbleweed....

I think the OP suggest that "Jew" equals "persecuted"
If some in Islam feel persecuted, it may be the result of allowing world opinion to focus on those extremists who espouse violence. Rather than complaining of persecution, take back Islam and show the world that violence does not dominate it.

.lava

Veteran Member
Same old tumbleweed....

I think the OP suggest that "Jew" equals "persecuted"
If some in Islam feel persecuted, it may be the result of allowing world opinion to focus on those extremists who espouse violence. Rather than complaining of persecution, take back Islam and show the world that violence does not dominate it.

:clapit makes perfect sense. that's our duty. thank you.