• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MUSICAL prayer for all members here

UnityNow101

Gursikh,

I hope that you do not mind, but I would like to post the piece of Sikh music which you have shared with me. It is one of the most beautiful musical testaments to the Divine that I have EVER heard. It really shows to which extent music can uplift the spirit and glorify the Divine in a way that simple speech and lectures cannot. This musical masterpiece brings tears of joy and peace to my innermost being unlike any other religious song has ever been able to do. Below the posted video are the lyrics to the song, which make it even more of an awe-inspiring piece, in my opinion:

YouTube - Snatam Kaur Live In Barcelona 2006

ਆਖਣਿ ਜੋਰੁ ਚੁਪੈ ਨਹ ਜੋਰੁ ॥
No power to speak, no power to keep silent.

ਜੋਰੁ ਨ ਮੰਗਣਿ ਦੇਣਿ ਨ ਜੋਰੁ ॥
No power to beg, no power to give.

ਜੋਰੁ ਨ ਜੀਵਣਿ ਮਰਣਿ ਨਹ ਜੋਰੁ ॥
No power to live, no power to die.

ਜੋਰੁ ਨ ਰਾਜਿ ਮਾਲਿ ਮਨਿ ਸੋਰੁ ॥
No power to rule, with wealth and occult mental powers.

ਜੋਰੁ ਨ ਸੁਰਤੀ ਗਿਆਨਿ ਵੀਚਾਰਿ ॥
No power to gain intuitive understanding, spiritual wisdom and meditation.

ਜੋਰੁ ਨ ਜੁਗਤੀ ਛੁਟੈ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ॥
No power to find the way to escape from the world.

ਜਿਸੁ ਹਥਿ ਜੋਰੁ
He alone has the Power in His Hands. He watches over all.

ਨਾਨਕ ਉਤਮੁ ਨੀਚੁ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥੩੩॥
O Nanak, no one is high or low. ||33||

GURSIKH

chardi kla
Gursikh,

I hope that you do not mind, but I would like to post the piece of Sikh music which you have shared with me. It is one of the most beautiful musical testaments to the Divine that I have EVER heard. It really shows to which extent music can uplift the spirit and glorify the Divine in a way that simple speech and lectures cannot. This musical masterpiece brings tears of joy and peace to my innermost being unlike any other religious song has ever been able to do. Below the posted video are the lyrics to the song, which make it even more of an awe-inspiring piece, in my opinion:

YouTube - Snatam Kaur Live In Barcelona 2006

ਆਖਣਿ ਜੋਰੁ ਚੁਪੈ ਨਹ ਜੋਰੁ ॥
No power to speak, no power to keep silent.

ਜੋਰੁ ਨ ਮੰਗਣਿ ਦੇਣਿ ਨ ਜੋਰੁ ॥
No power to beg, no power to give.

ਜੋਰੁ ਨ ਜੀਵਣਿ ਮਰਣਿ ਨਹ ਜੋਰੁ ॥
No power to live, no power to die.

ਜੋਰੁ ਨ ਰਾਜਿ ਮਾਲਿ ਮਨਿ ਸੋਰੁ ॥
No power to rule, with wealth and occult mental powers.

ਜੋਰੁ ਨ ਸੁਰਤੀ ਗਿਆਨਿ ਵੀਚਾਰਿ ॥
No power to gain intuitive understanding, spiritual wisdom and meditation.

ਜੋਰੁ ਨ ਜੁਗਤੀ ਛੁਟੈ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ॥
No power to find the way to escape from the world.

ਜਿਸੁ ਹਥਿ ਜੋਰੁ
He alone has the Power in His Hands. He watches over all.

ਨਾਨਕ ਉਤਮੁ ਨੀਚੁ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥੩੩॥
O Nanak, no one is high or low. ||33||

love for you Unity101:bow::bow::bow::kissbette:kissbette:kissbette

YES MUSIC HAS GREAT POWERS , YOU KNOW SIKH HOLY BOOK IS IN 31 RAAGAS .
A raga is basically a set of rules of how to build a melody. It specifies a scale, as well as rules for movements up and down the scale, which notes should figure more and which notes should be used more sparingly.and sikh gurus were masters of ragaas also , they invented many musical instruments also .

Last edited:

UnityNow101

love for you Unity101:bow::bow::bow::kissbette:kissbette:kissbette

YES MUSIC HAS GREAT POWERS , YOU KNOW SIKH HOLY BOOK IS IN 31 RAAGAS .
A raga is basically a set of rules of how to build a melody. It specifies a scale, as well as rules for movements up and down the scale, which notes should figure more and which notes should be used more sparingly.and sikh gurus were masters of ragaas also , they invented many musical instruments also .

Gursikh,

I love you as well, brother in truth. I never knew that the Sikh Holy Book was built upon the rules of how to create a melody. That only furthers my interest in this wondrous religion of Universal Truth, which I have only begun to awaken to. As matter vibrates to create harmony, so does the world of Spirit. Very interesting bit of information. Thank you for sharing...