• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Music prohibited: why?

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
The issue of music among Muslims is a debatable topic. I am of the view that music, with perhaps only a drum to accompany it, and with lyrics that make you remember Allah is permissible. The crap played on the radio and music videos is totally haram. There is nothing but sihr/magic in it. Music can incite different emotions depending on the song. Some songs make you sad, others can make you sexually aroused, other music can make you enraged.

Music has a profound effect on the heart and it's state more than the state of the mind, and the heart is to be preserved for Allah. I've seen people cry and be moved on a good song, but when they hear the words of Allah recited they are not moved, and are in fact bored with it. It is not good in general to fill ourselves with the aimlessness of music, movies, other entertainment whose purpose is nothing but to bring you into ghafla/ forgetfulness about Allah.

I'm speaking about music in this manner even though I am a vocalist. I grew up around all kinds of music, and my mother is also a singer. My whole life I have been engrossed in song and dance and grew to have an appreciation for good singing that endures til this day. That doesn't stop me from recognizing the harmful effect that music has today. What we consider music today is not the same thing as what rasulullah (saw) encountered. Music today serves no other purpose but to bring out the basest desires of man. The Beyonce's and Rihanna's of the world make music that does nothing but incite base sexual passions. To be expressed on the dance floors of clubs all across America and other countries. There is nothing good in this music, and I personally regard it as a form of sorcery if one listens consistently to it.

ConfusedKuri

I'm speaking about music in this manner even though I am a vocalist. I grew up around all kinds of music, and my mother is also a singer. My whole life I have been engrossed in song and dance and grew to have an appreciation for good singing that endures til this day. That doesn't stop me from recognizing the harmful effect that music has today. What we consider music today is not the same thing as what rasulullah (saw) encountered. Music today serves no other purpose but to bring out the basest desires of man. The Beyonce's and Rihanna's of the world make music that does nothing but incite base sexual passions. To be expressed on the dance floors of clubs all across America and other countries. There is nothing good in this music, and I personally regard it as a form of sorcery if one listens consistently to it.

LOL inciting sexual passion wow. Sexual desire is part of human nature, it is in our instinct as we have to survive through it. Everybody fantasises about sex every now and then, it doesn't mean you automatically go and sleep with the very first person that crosses your way.

It depends if you choose to have sex or not, yes there are some tunes that might stimulate your sexual thoughts, but ultimately it is your own decision to exercise it or not. Also I have yet to come across an ayaat in the Qu'ran that prohibits music.

Starsoul

Truth
The issue of music among Muslims is a debatable topic. I am of the view that music, with perhaps only a drum to accompany it, and with lyrics that make you remember Allah is permissible. The crap played on the radio and music videos is totally haram. There is nothing but sihr/magic in it. Music can incite different emotions depending on the song. Some songs make you sad, others can make you sexually aroused, other music can make you enraged.

Music has a profound effect on the heart and it's state more than the state of the mind, and the heart is to be preserved for Allah. I've seen people cry and be moved on a good song, but when they hear the words of Allah recited they are not moved, and are in fact bored with it. It is not good in general to fill ourselves with the aimlessness of music, movies, other entertainment whose purpose is nothing but to bring you into ghafla/ forgetfulness about Allah.

very well said fully veiled muslimah, couldnt have said better.:clap

Starsoul

Truth
LOL inciting sexual passion wow. Sexual desire is part of human nature, it is in our instinct as we have to survive through it. Everybody fantasises about sex every now and then, it doesn't mean you automatically go and sleep with the very first person that crosses your way.

It depends if you choose to have sex or not, yes there are some tunes that might stimulate your sexual thoughts, but ultimately it is your own decision to exercise it or not. Also I have yet to come across an ayaat in the Qu'ran that prohibits music.
just a reminder that this is a DIR where people refer for non-argumentative conversations :) not saying that yours is one, but if you want to, we can discuss it in in same faith debate.

Basically, i know where you're coming from, hence i totally understand your comment, and the comment also somewhat explains a lot about a muslim's dilemma, they forget to revive their spiritual reality and see everything in the light of the physical reality that this world is projecting around everybody. For instance i can argue that all the entertainment industry is infusing trash into the minds of the un-suspecting consumers in the name of entertainment, and instead they are wrecking havoc with the society, its values and its integrity.

Logic is very good, and its useful so much of the times, but If you were in love with a person, your logic would make you break all barriers that will lead you to him, no matter how harmful or dire the consequences of that love for you. My question is, how can person self train himself to restrain himself from all the vain desires ( dance parties, clubbing, hanging out with men etc and etc) if they havnt practised restrain FROM the things that LEAD one to these prohibited things in religion?

I say this from experience, e.g if you listen to music alone, you wouldn't mind listening to it with people, and if you don't mind listening to it with people, you wont have no problem going to clubs, and party all night too,cuz for you its just harmless music, changing its places. And if you're in the parties , you will dress up a certain way to please men,or yourself as most say, and that will not be modest by islamic standards, you wouldn't mind dancing with a man too, cuz its all harmless, as long as you have your head intact, and well , who goes to parties and pubs to keep their head or dignity intact?

Its just like one thing leads to the other, and music, games n etc ,and all this stuff makes a grave sin appear very attractive and 'ok' to you, you just seem to find yourselves fitting in the 'progressive society' image ,which could be the total opposite of the standards of a good society by Islamic standards.. more later. i'll share with you the details of scholarly opinion and verses on it.

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!

I don't know why my comment was so funny to you. I didn't say anything about sexual desire not being normal or natural. Let's not assume that I have a problem with sex at all. As long as it is being done within the boundaries of marriage, it's all good. You can be just as sexual as you wanna be. That doesn't change the fact that most modern day music is created to stimulate a person sexually.

People listen to music all the time and almost every setting. That type of stimulation is not apropos most times. Like if I'm listening to a sexually charged song during my commute to work. That's what I'm going to be thinking about that until something else happens that takes my mind off that.

I gotta say that the tone of your post agitated me. What's with the assumption that I don't have a firm grasp on the basic principles of sex and human reproduction? I am quite aware that sexual feelings, acts and thoughts are a normal and healthy part of life. So why don't we leave the assumptions to the side, and deal with the subject at hand?

ConfusedKuri

You made it seem like sexual passion was something that people should avoid, once you mentioned about spreading it on the dancefloors in clubs etc.

Obviously if you listen to any type of music while you're supposed to be working/studying it will become a distraction for you, imho that has nothing to do with the lyrics though. While I'm doing my h/w listening music or dancing keeps me away, so I try to avoid it.

As for your regards concerning sex within the bound of marriage, I respect that idea, but then again we're all different and follow different ideas.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Narrated Abu Musa: "That the Prophet said to him 'O Abu Musa! You have been given one of the musical wind-instruments of the family of David.' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Virtues of the Qur'an, Volume 6, Book 61, Number 568)"
Let us look at Noble Verse 4:163"We have sent thee inspiration, as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and Solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms."
Let us look at Noble Verse 17:55"And it is your Lord that knoweth best all beings that are in the heavens and on earth: We did bestow on some prophets more (and other) gifts than on others: and We gave to David (the gift of) the Psalms."

what do you understand the psalms (zabur) to be?
can you plase provide a commentary that explains the hadith you have quoted.

Commentary of the verses you have quoted by Ibn Kathir (ra):

[4:163]
Muhammad bin Ishaq narrated that Muhammad bin Abi
Muhammad said that Ikrimah, or Sa`id bin Jubayr, related to
Ibn Abbas that he said,
"Sukayn and Adi bin Zayd said, `O Muhammad! We do
not know that Allah sent down anything to any human
after Musa.'

Allah sent down a rebuttal of their statement,
(Verily, We have inspired
you (O Muhammad) as We inspired Nuh and the
Prophets after him).''
Allah states that He sent down revelation to His servant and
Messenger Muhammad just as He sent down revelation to
previous Prophets.

Allah said,"
Verily, We have sent the revelation to you as We sent
the revelation to Nuh and the Prophets after him; We
(also) sent the revelation to Ibrahim, Ismail, Ishaq,
Yaqub, and
Al-Asbat, (the offspring of the twelve sons
of Yaqub) `Isa, Ayub, Yunus, Harun, and Suleiman;
and to Dawud We gave the Zabur."

The Zabur (Psalms) is the name of the Book
revealed to Prophet Dawud, peace be upon him.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Let us look at Noble Verse 17:55"And it is your Lord that knoweth best all beings that are in the heavens and on earth: We did bestow on some prophets more (and other) gifts than on others: and We gave to David (the gift of) the Psalms."

[17:55]
Allah says:
And indeed, We have preferred some of the Prophets
above others.
As Allah says:
Those Messengers! We preferred some of them to
others; to some of them Allah spoke (directly);
others He raised to degrees (of honor). (2:253)

his does not contradict the report in the Two Sahihs
which says that the Messenger of Allah said:
Don't give superiority to any Prophet among
(Allah's) Prophets.

What is meant in this
Hadith is giving a superiority
based on whims and fanaticism or sectarian feelings, not
on the basis of evidence. If there is solid evidence, we
have to follow it. There is no dispute that the Messengers
are better than the rest of the Prophets, and that the
mighty Messengers of Great Resolve are the best of all.

They are the five mentioned in two Ayat of the Qur'an,
in Surah Al-Ahzab:
And (remember) when We took from the Prophets
their covenant, and from you and from Nuh,
Ibrahim, Musa and `Isa son of Maryam. (33:7)
and in Surah
Ash-Shura:
He has ordained for you the same religion which
He ordained for Nuh, and that which We have
revealed to you, and that which We ordained for
Ibrahim, Musa and `Isa saying you should
establish religion and make no divisions in it.(42:13)
There is no dispute that Muhammad is the best of
them, then Ibrahim, then Musa, then `Isa (peace
be upon them all), according to the best-known
view.
We have discussed the evidence for this in detail
elsewhere, and Allah is the source of help.
Allah's saying,
"
and to Dawud We gave the Zabur."
is an indication of his virtue and honor.
Al-Bukhari recorded from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet said:
"The Qur'an (i.e. revealed Scripture of Zabur) was
made easy for Dawud, so he would call for his
mounts to be saddled, and he would finish
reciting it (i.e., the
Zabur) before the job was
done."

music is forbiden in islam, singing what doesn't go against islam is permitted but music is most certainly forbiden.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Islams stance on music based on the Qur'an, the Prophet saws (Hadith) and on the viewpoint of Scholars:

The Noble Qur'an - Luqman 31:6
And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing, etc.) to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allah, the Verses of the Qur'an) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment (in the Hell-Fire).
Ibn Masood (ra) said about this verse "I swear by the One other than Whom there is no God that it refers to singing [ghinaa].", and he repeated this three times. Ibn Abbaas (ra) said it refered to 'singing and the like' while Jaabir (ra) is reported to view its meaning to signify singing and listening to songs. Many taabi'oon such as Mujaahid, Ikrimah, Mak-hool and Umar ibn Shu'ayb viewed it as a censure of music and song.

Hadith - Bukhari (#787) [Also related by Tabari]
Sa'id ibn Jbayr reported that Ibn 'Abbas said about the verse: "And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks" (31:6), that, "ldle talks means singing and the like."

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Isra 17:64
"And Istafiz [literally means: befool them gradually] those whom you can among them with your voice (i.e. songs, music, and other call for Allah's disobedience)..."

Hadith - Bukhari 7:494
Narrated Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari that he heard the Prophet
saaws-long.gif
saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks, and the use of musical instruments as lawful. And (from them), there will be some who will stay near the side of a mountain, and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and Allah will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

The Noble Qur'an - An-Najm 53:57-62

The Day of Resurrection draws near, None besides Allah can avert it, (or advance it, or delay it). Do you then wonder at this recital (the Qur'an)? And you laugh at it and weep not, Wasting your (precious) lifetime in pastime and amusements (singing, etc.). So fall you down in prostration to Allah, and worship Him (Alone).
  • ‘Ikrimah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: it was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that al-sumood [verbal noun from saamidoon, translated here as “Wasting your (precious) lifetime in pastime and amusements (singing)”] means “singing”, in the dialect of Himyar; it might be said “Ismidi lanaa” [‘sing for us’ – from the same root as saamidoon/sumood] meaning “ghaniy” [sing]. And he said (may Allaah have mercy on him): When they [the kuffaar] heard the Qur’aan, they would sing, then this aayah was revealed.
  • Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Allah says (interpretation of the meaning) “Wasting your (precious) lifetime in pastime and amusements (singing)” – Sufyaan al-Thawri said, narrating from his father from Ibn ‘Abbaas: (this means) singing. This is Yemeni (dialect): ismad lana means ghan lana [sing to us]. This was also the view of ‘Ikrimah. (Tafseer Ibn Katheer).

Shaykh Ibn Baz (may Allah have mercy on him) said in Majmoo' al-Fataawa, 3/423-424:
"Ma'aazif refers to singing and musical instruments. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that at the end of time there will come a people who will allow these things just as they will allow alcohol, zina and silk. This is one of the signs of his Prophethood, for all of this has happened. The hadeeth indicates that [musical instruments] are haram (prohibited), and condemns those who say they are halal (permissible), just as it condemns those who say that alcohol and zina are allowed. The aayaat and ahaadeeth that warn against singing and musical instruments are many indeed. Whoever claims that Allaah has allowed singing and musical instruments is lying and is committing a great evil. We ask Allaah to keep us from obeying our desires and the Shaytaan. Even worse and more seriously sinful than that are those who say it is mustahabb. Undoubtedly this stems from ignorance about Allaah and His Religion; it is insolent blasphemy against Allaah and lying about His Laws.

Shaykh Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Concerning (music) which a person does not intend to listen to, there is no prohibition or blame, according to scholarly consensus. Hence blame or praise is connected to listening, not to hearing. The one who listens to the Qur'aan will be rewarded for it, whereas the one who hears it without intending or wanting to will not be rewarded for that, because actions are judged by intentions. The same applies to musical instruments which are forbidden: if a person hears them without intending to, that does not matter. (al-Majmoo', 10/78).

Muttaqun OnLine - Music: According to Quran and Sunnah

one who listens to the Qur'an with his heart finds nothing in listening to music.​

ConfusedKuri

So then all these nazm and anasheed are haraam too I assume? So basically we're supposed to listen to Qu'ran recitations only?

"Idle talk" that does not convince me at all about music being haraam.

waitasec

Veteran Member
with all due respect,
being a musician, singer and a songwriter this thread saddens me.
music is the expression of life...i cannot understand how expression is idle talk

to watch someone dance is to observe their celebration
to listen to someone sing you partake in their stories of sorrow and of joy ultimately uniting humanity.

it has been shown that music opens the mind, is it because it is mathematical that it is considered wrong/evil? i wonder if the iman hamid al-ghazali from the 12 century had anything to do with this notion.

Starsoul

Truth
So then all these nazm and anasheed are haraam too I assume? So basically we're supposed to listen to Qu'ran recitations only?

You still didnt get it, Music is not allowed, poetry is allowed, even singing without music is allowed as some scholars say, on occassions of happiness. All poetry done within the moral boundaries is also allowed. Its the Musical instruments that are not allowed.

I used to listen to a lot of music so I perfectly know what goes on inside you when you listen to music and when you don't, You just cant be in a state of iman WITH music when you are without music, It robs you off of all spiritual sweetness that , lets say reading Quran would bring to me. It almost felt like I am hitting a dark yet fun spot somewhere inside me, every time i listened to Music( you do feel that Music reaches to a certain level of human perception where you immensly enjoy it, AND THAT is what convinced me that, that certain 'light', diffuse, psychic 'fun kinda feeling that comes with music, a bit dark, numbing and illusive in its content , seeming to touch some deep side of ours, Is nurturing our link with this 'dear friend' of ours who is with us all time, Satan.)

And thats when i left it, you cant even control your thoughts when you listen to music, its like you're praying and this song will come into your head, thats not the fun of the prayers, it is TOTAL distraction from remembrance of Allah. It is complete idle talk from what i feel about it too, since it just makes you think 'good' about 'bad' things, it actually totally transforms one's perception of good and bad. Why don't you look up several well known American Rap artist videos who converted to Islam, it is so enlightening, coming from the music people themselves, they say its the industry of the devil, who could've said it better, you can check it out here,

The Deen Show ~ It's a way of life.

You can argue about it all, but there are things that one just possibly cannot argue with the physical logic. Spirit is a different matter, its needs and wants are different than the requirements of our physical existence BUT they are gained through the physical means. Why do we enjoy listening to music, because it is enjoyable, even drinking and dancing are enjoyable, so are drugs Immensely enjoyable. Allah never said that you wont find these things enjoyable, But He always stressed in His book on HOW to stay away from temptations in order to avoid polluting of the soul.

Things just don't happen in one day, Its not like i read the Quran one day and become a perfect muslim the next day, its an ongoing struggle of a lifetime. People also don't become hard core criminals in one day, they train themselves , re-inforce the negative thoughts in them, they are led to believe by satan that killing, raping someone is really going to be an exhilirating ecstatic experience, and then the idea takes hold of them in a way that they have to committ to it to see how it feels, and then its an addiction from there onwards, they get more temptations from satan till they become a serial rapist/ murderer with a dead soul, it all starts somewhere, and even if you don't nip the evil in the bud, it grows up to become a huge monster.

So if you're going to base your ideas on enjoyment and temptations, you'll always find yourself following the idea since thats human nature. People cheat and committ adultery because they enjoy the idea of it , and they have talked themselves into it, silencing their conscience and offering themselves tricky n witty logical answers to feel at ease with it later on.

A religion isn't just a code of beliefs, for us, its a way of life to spend our lives with the full benefits and harmony of the society, which is for our own good, because the world has been made by the creator and He has kept a few rules for it, giving sufficient free will to evil and to good, so that one may make a fully well aware decision in their lives about which way they want to choose . You can choose any way, and nobody can really stop you.

And since the core of Islam is to bring ourselves close to the creator and experience the truest purest from of Love which is only possible with the Creator, He tells us how to ignore the Evil force's efforts in order to remain close to the real guidance. If one doesn't understand why we are here, or how to successfully go to the next level of perpetual existence, the entire concept is lost on them.

Also, it is just not possible to try to interpret the Quran all by themselves, atleast I could Not, even being a born Muslim, I had to attend a school and go listen to scholars for their apt understanding and very clear explanation for things. And I'm still a very basic elementary student, with earnest desire to learn more. May Allah protect us all and Only Allah knows best.

Starsoul

Truth

It does convince me, because the word " those who purchase Idle talk" is used in the Quran, and Music is the only idle talk that we purchase. Along with Fictitiously grand movies, games, all delusionary stuff, atleast I don't see any good to these, just a waste of time.

And No, we're not supposed to listen to Quran all day, we are supposed to resume our regular day to day matters after reading a bit of it, even a single verse is ok, you don't have to read all chapters. Sometimes I go days without it. In a muslim society that is a lot of work considering that parents live together and we have siblings, extended family members, cousins, family gatherings, this or that always going on, so there isn't so much time to sit and do nothing. I have to go to this gathering today too,so its all good.

Last edited:

ConfusedKuri

Well then basically internet, phonecalls, talking to your friends should be haraam to right? As it is often wasting your time? Or are you always talking about Islam? About Halal and Haram? Even at school the teachers annoy you with their stuff that too is listening to idle talk...The word "idle talk" can be interpreted in a many different ways init?

Starsoul

Truth
Well then basically internet, phonecalls, talking to your friends should be haraam to right? As it is often wasting your time? Or are you always talking about Islam? About Halal and Haram? Even at school the teachers annoy you with their stuff that too is listening to idle talk...The word "idle talk" can be interpreted in a many different ways init?

You know what idle talk is, I know what idle talk is too, it is each person's own responsibility to identify and correct things that would go against their faith. Your statement is a biggg generalization, if talking about a religion is idle talk to some people, who is forcing them to talk about it? If athiests were people totally non-interested in religion, why would they keep coming up with argument after argument to bash or criticize other's faiths? There's idle talk that is in your control, and their's idle talk ( of teachers) beyond your control, we will be asked about what IS in our control, not what is in the control of our teacher.

yes when I'm not doing anything constructive on the internet, phone or wherever i consider it my precious time wasted. Some value their time, some have no regard or value for their own time, their efforts or their thought process. Gossip / backbiting your friends is not allowed, and Alhamdulilah I am able to talk to my friends at length without backbiting/ or indulging in vain gossip, I always intend to infuse my conversation with the remembrance of Allah or something about Religion, it just comes up itself, if i was looking to gossip, i don't doubt for a second that it wont come up. You( not you) choose or loose.

I'm not perfect and I fully accept that, but I also fully endorse that One should Never try and stop oneselves from striving towards the perfect human being that Allah had made us to strive for, It is a truly enjoyable experience for me to improvise myself for religion, some enjoy other things, things that have nothing to do with mind, thought, spirit or actions, and the fun of those things seldom lasts long. If its fun for you now, it wont be fun for you when you're old.

ConfusedKuri

I'm not perfect and I fully accept that, but I also fully endorse that One should Never try and stop oneselves from striving towards the perfect human being that Allah had made us to strive for, It is a truly enjoyable experience for me to improvise myself for religion, some enjoy other things, things that have nothing to do with mind, thought, spirit or actions, and the fun of those things seldom lasts long. If its fun for you now, it wont be fun for you when you're old.

To each his own.

waitasec

Veteran Member
if i may,
anything one does as an extreme is a danger. too much of anything is too much.
even too much prayer and too much emphasis on being perfect can take diminish the quality of life, what is life for if the entire day is of prayer? we are alive to live. too much food is unhealthy. too much shopping is unhealthy. if anyone is doing too much of anything it is a sign of imbalance somewhere else in their life...

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
The point I think is being missed is that we as Muslims have to be careful what dawah we give ourselves. Everything that we see, talk about, do, and hear are all giving dawah to something. We are inviting ourselves either to something beneficial or harmful. Who dictates what is beneficial and what is harmful? For the Muslim Allah and His Rasul (saw) have already given us a clear outline on what those things are. Now, for those of us who call ourselves Muslim but can't be bothered about all the "unimportant rules and regulations" so be it. If you don't want to follow certain guidelines because it doesn't appeal to your nafs, that's cool. You do your thing. However, just because you don't agree or can't be bothered doesn't render the rules any less important or any less applicable to you.

I'm sorry, the music most people listen is nothing but filth. It either is promoting some of the most illicit and nastiest sex you can imagine, or violence, or depression and suicide, or some other unhealthy activity or feelings. The biggest genre's of music right now are hip hop, rock, r&b, and pop. There MIGHT be a few artists from each genre that speak positivity, but how much trash you gotta wade through to get to it? I mean, would you wade through a landfill to get to a roll of quarters? When you can get them almost anywhere else?

Like I said in an earlier post, that music that bring you to remember Allah or think of good is permissible as far as I am aware. I think we're talking about just regular old music everybody listens to. If so, then I'm sorry it's just crap and I don't view it as good at all.

waitasec

Veteran Member
I'm sorry, the music most people listen is nothing but filth. It either is promoting some of the most illicit and nastiest sex you can imagine, or violence, or depression and suicide, or some other unhealthy activity or feelings.

if you listen to filth you have bad taste in music...;)
there is so much more music that is offered...
instrumental world music is wonderful music that soothes the mind and most helpful when meditating, imo.

Starsoul

Truth
if i may,
anything one does as an extreme is a danger. too much of anything is too much.
even too much prayer and too much emphasis on being perfect can take diminish the quality of life, what is life for if the entire day is of prayer? we are alive to live. too much food is unhealthy. too much shopping is unhealthy. if anyone is doing too much of anything it is a sign of imbalance somewhere else in their life...

True. But a striving Muslim has a big aim, and he has to get there before his life is taken away. This life is like a series of obstacles that he has to cross to reach a fine place in Heaven, and he knows that the more he strives, the more he will be rewarded. Hence, its not that people pray all day to get there, or try to beat all odds, they just strive to stick to the basics in whichever way they can because in the face of an everlasting afterlife, the efforts of this life are really small, and our stay here is very limited and unknown to us. The prayer is very small in duration, and it is a reward for us, for it constantly reminds us of the same purpose, inspite of all distractions. I could choose to waste my time relaxing in an illusion, or try gather myself some more benefits, Its all about passion.

Its like a maze where you know you have to get the maximum out your this life, before your time is up, and that is why satan creates delusions and distractions for man so that man can forget about striving to reach his goal and waste his precious time in idle talk, fantasizing with songs, movies, and link all temptations with base desires to the extent where man starts believing that all fake temptations ARE his real Needs, that should be met in THIS world, whether by hook or crook. Which is not always possible, if you're not a rich billionaire, and not possessing those temptations projected perfectly by the media, can instill a very insane sense of insecurity and inferiority in comparison which frequently leads to abuse of power, theft and crimes etc.

We can choose to act upon now, or never, or wait like a fool till I grow old to follow what makes most sense to me while I lost precious time to while at the peak of my youth (this I say because its human nature to delay good deeds to the last part of their lives, at the convenience of one's desires when one is not tempted as easily and the desires wear off considerably , except ofcorse some people ).

In Islam , the youth of a person is highly an important time for good deeds, because the temptations and desires to do anything and everything very wrong with the sway of emotions is really strong at that time, n one is quite vulnerable at the hands of temptation. If you are capable of holding yourself and restraining from all the temptations in your youth, that satan lays infront of you, you can be sure to succeed further with more confidence. And yes, not all muslims think as passionately about their faith , but they do at some point in their lives when Allah wills, and they do get to make that conscious choice.

Not to mention this 118 year old British woman who converted To Islam only 2 years before she died, and those 2 yrs, she spent massively in participating with vigor to the cause of Islam, may Allah reward her the best for her efforts.