• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muhammad's Troubling Marriages to Aisha and Safiyah

I'd like to discuss the marriages of Muhammad to Aisha and Safiyah because quite frankly, I find the acts themselves deeply troubling although what is perhaps even more worrying is the fact that in the modern day, despite instigating such odious behaviour, Moslems can still espouse such a man as perfect and the perfect example. I am very interested to hear from Moslems how these union's are explained to them by Imams and so by extension - how they would explain them to me.

Aisha
I realise that in the case of Aisha, her age is apparently an increasingly contentious issue for followers of Islam however I fail to see why this would be so. This is because Islam's most authentic Hadith's show her age to be 6 at the time of marriage and 8 years 9 months (Islamic lunar calendar) at its consummation and so if this is mainstream Islamic theology then I see no reason for sensitivity around this topic.

When we turn to Muhhamd's marriage to Aisha - a commonly encountered explanation Moslems will use to explain away her tender age is that apparently grown men taking child brides was normal in the 7th Century and so Muhammad was simply a man of his time i.e. he was merely partaking in the standard rituals of the period in which he lived. Well, needless to say this clarification is quite unsatisfactory because it is completely at odds with the claim made that Muhammad is the perfect example to be followed for ALL times.

See - we are not talking about a normal man being governed by cultural norms but rather, the claim is that he was someone being divinely guided by God himself, a God who was setting up the genesis of the perfect and final religion which was to be born out of his very actions and the exact words that he said. Thus - comparing the behaviour of a prophet of God to the behaviour of ordinary imperfect men is an argument I simply cannot accept. Prophets of Gods and fallible humans are simply not equivocal.

So - if this was to be the final religion to be followed for eternity then we must ask why would the God of Islam have selected this particular point of human cultural evolution to be the example to be followed for ever? It stands to reason that IF the God of Islam never actually intended this particular odious example of Muhammad to be followed for eternity then why did the God of Islam never produce a verse in the Koran saying exactly this? You would think that the all knowing God would have forseen the problems future Islamic societies would face and so would have made it absolutely certain that he slipped in a clear/specific verse in the book saying exactly this - but the God of Islam didn't.

And sadly we only need to look at what has happened in cultures shaped by Islam to see the consequences of this strange omittence. We especially need to bear this fact in mind because the Koran is said to be perfect, perfectly clear and has all the answers and so surely this means that Moslems who claim this marriage should be viewed within the context of the time it occured are actually only giving their own perspective of things with no specific theology basis to underpin such perspectives. The Koran (or Hadith) doesn't actually tells Moslems to do this because the book is perfect, perfectly clear and perfect for all times - it is the unchangebale word of God. So - looking at it in this way we come to see that Moslems who use these arguments are therefore altering the un-alterable word of God as written in the Koran! They are directly negating exacty what their faith stands for because they say things that the Koran doesn't say.

Taking this further, if we accept the idea of God as our creator then we accept that he does not make mistakes, he knows the answers yesterday, today and tomorrow - God doesn't learn on the job so to speak. Therefore, we surely also must accept that God's morality isn't governed by timelines and so God's notion of right and wrong is infinite. Thus, we must ask ourselves this - if the God of Islam was ok with Muhammad sleeping with a 9 year old girl in 650AD then we can be sure the God of Islam would be ok with him doing the same in 2014. I fail to see how this can be argued with - but I am willing to be wrong.

How do Moslems respond to this? If Moslems wish to support the big claims Islam makes for itself they really do need to start dealing with its very dodgy aspects. I remind you all that a 9 year old girl in 650AD would have been physically more immature than a 9 year old girl of 2014 which lends this troubling aspect of Islam an even more sinister tone.

Safiyah
I am equally curious to examine how the marriage to Muhammad's wife Safiyah is also explained by Moslems. The reason I ask is because the circumstances surrounding it are at complete odds with the idea of consensual marriage. Please correct me if I am wrong but on the day he marries her hadn't he just killed her Father, her Husband and pretty much her entire tribe? Her whole world had just been obliterated by, and on the orders of, one man - thus, I find it hard to believe that a woman would freely marry and sleep with this very man who'd carried this carnage out. And do so on the exact same day these awful events had occurred!

Therefore, after much consideration I feel that unless it can be demonstrated otherwise, the nature of these 2 marriages, which have had serious societal consequences throughout the ages, support my belief that Muhammad could not of been and should never have ever been deemed "the Perfect Man" nor should the God of Allah be so worthy of such respect. It is clear that the God of Islam and its prophet were co-conspirators in child abuse and the rape and forced marriage of a woman. It cannot be seen in any other way.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I have deleted this because this is a blue forum, - and I don't want my statement of fact taken as a bash.

Last edited:

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
Just to say that the story that Aysha was a child when she married the prophet (S) is not authentic. We have proven this in this forum. Just consider that she attended the first war between the Muslims and the Meccans. Only those over 15 years old we allowed to attend.

Always try to refere to both the shia and the sunni accounts...

mahasn ebn sawresho

Yeah I get a kick out of what the religion of Abraham call "marriage."

Pedophilia, and no choice, and rape of captives, is not marriage.

Mohammeddoes not belong tothe Abrahamicreligion
The termAbrahamicreligiontalk
The subject of marriage of Muhammad and Aisha
Sharkeyisuseful
Do you think-do you believe in your religion that accepts the marriage
Write us with a comparison between what believeits
With the actions of Muhammad and the marriage of a child
Did you hear that Christian accept this type of marriage
Have you heardthat Ibrahimwasthe marriageofminors
So your post is not useful because it works to change the subject
If you think that Mohamed belonged to Ibrahim
You are wrong
Muhammad is not.-belonged to Ibrahim
I hope to hear from you
Do you believein thismarriage
If you do notbelievein Christianityyou are free
If you knowthat Christianityhas exercisedthe kind ofmarriageyou preferwrite us
Tohearyour thoughts
We know you

But when you speak not mix or confuse
Two contradictory
Christianitycontradictswith Islam

mahasn ebn sawresho

Islamic trusted, you must first read your religion before receiving accusations which subject you require accountability, this is for information only

After the death of Khadija, mother of the believers, God bless them, days after mourning, sought peaceful khawla Bint Hakim, the Prophet of Islam said his "ppbu God, Kanye I see you have your interior Khallet loss Khadija the Prophet said:" for the children's mother and housewife ", proposed to him to marry her, said," who? "she said with Aisha.". A girl like people here are "Apostle was unable to tell him no, he said," but it is still small, khawla said "today to his father, he divorced her. I, and then wait until" the Prophet said, "who takes care of the House Affairs and girls serve them? She said khawla "sawdah Bint zam'ah Ibn qays ibn Abd Shams ibn Abd al-Amiriyah, and her mother return Suns Bint qays of Bani ADI. It authorized Messenger in their engagement, it was granted first to the House of Abu Bakr and then to the House of the dewclaw, entered on her "what says soda enter the God of goodness and blessing, soda? She asked what my khawla soda? She said: "the Messenger of God sent me the" I make a speech you said go to sawdah: they give him "incompetent," said zam'ah cream "both agreed on the marriage. This is what I found in the following references: 1 – the history of al-Tabari, part 3, page 175. Scalding precious virtues of the mothers of the believers 103-3-biography. Ibn Hisham part I page 266, 267 and sawdah wife milk her paternal uncle is drunk and Ibn AMR "from Bani Amer bin louai, one who emigrated to Abyssinia, then died by immigrants abroad, see the biography of Ibn Hisham 1 – 653 and scalding precious 101 and core stone 8 and also the history of al-Tabari, part 2, 157. He married Apostle of soda to his house and the serves the daughters Khadija

mahasn ebn sawresho

Just to say that the story that Aysha was a child when she married the prophet (S) is not authentic. We have proven this in this forum. Just consider that she attended the first war between the Muslims and the Meccans. Only those over 15 years old we allowed to attend.

Why do you **** with this
Is this whattalmtetofyour Prophet
Who are the enemies of Islam
TheMuslimbooks
Only modern knowledge revealed hidden from books, and from your history

mahasn ebn sawresho

Go back to the child bride Aisha Bint Abu Bakr, khawla Bint Hakim went to the Prophet and Aisha are betrothed to the dialogue between them and the "mother of the Roman" mother aesha and Abu Bakr, on the other hand, this dialogue without the following references: 1 – the history of al-Tabari, part 3, page 176, 2 – scalding precious virtues of the mothers of the believers, page 31, we find the following :-She said khawla: Abu Bakr, entered the House and found or Roman, or liver, it told her: a Roman what enter God of choice and the pond, said Umm ruman, what then? I answered "the Messenger of Allah sent me address him Aisha", she said "wait for Abu Bakr it at" Abu Bakr came and I said to him: "o Abu Bakr, what made you God of goodness and blessings! Sent me the Messenger of Allaah said: Aisha "address and hit a? But his niece!! It returned to the Messenger of God, I told him that, he said, the Apostle: "talk to him, tell him: You are my brother in Islam and I am your brother, and your daughter serve me ", came Abu Bakr said to him what the Prophet, Abu Bakr told me" wait for me "and was returned to the restaurant Bin ADI said Aisha Ali's daughter" Jubayr "Abu Bakr entered the restaurant and his wife" mother Jubayr and socialization not yet delivered, said, "o Abu Bakr Ibn Al-Kasr El Shouk Dipper that married our son daughter to tsabaeh and enter in your religion that you missed," Abu Bakr, stepped out of them and is satisfied What sort of God of his promise and returned to his home, he said to him: "my Messenger of God" claimed it had authorized him to the Messenger of God asked him, the House of his friend Abu Bakr, Aisha, medicinal purposes--refer a day girl six years or seven "refer also to seerat Ibn Hisham and part-No. 4, page 293. Blessed was the marriage between Muhammad the Messenger of Islam, the Prophet of mercy which exceed fiftieth or fifty-third of age and child bride Aisha Bint Abu Bakr, daughter six years or seven of ...

mahasn ebn sawresho

Now we stop hoping between truth and deceit, how could the Prophet of mercy that raped Aisha and her childhood denies them innocent? Even marriage at the pagan Arabs but you o Messenger of Islam come to complement the good manners and the movement of these people from the dark to the light of Islam, how to approach, and surprisingly we find a sheriff in Sahih Muslim, for the virtues of the companions for the virtues of Aisha, and Saheeh Al-bukhaari, kitaab Al-nikaah, consideration to women before marriage, and musnad Ahmad door armrest Aisha. And also an elected workers # 34360 treasure all of them stated that the Hadith that says: ' aa'ishah said: the Messenger of Allah said: I saw you in a dream three nights came to your King in the theft of silk says that your wife, you reveal your face if you are, say that not God go him "question to his conscience, not the law considers marriage the girl is a minor offence? How is human law have mercy of God and his Messenger?

mahasn ebn sawresho

Who is thefather ofAisha
Aishais the daughter ofAbu Bakr
NotethatAbu Bakrmarrieddaughters ofMuhammad
Fatima and Umm kulthum
The first four Caliphs
There have been massacres and apostasy alaslamio
For this reason this marriage
The relationship of affinity between Muhammad and Abu Bakr
And history says that Abu Bakr was rich
Who helped Muhammad after Khadija's death

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
There is quite similarity of above post at another website, maybe this writer is same there:
wwwDOTreligionforumsDOTorg/Thread-Muhammad-s-Marriages-to-Aisha-and-Safiyah

Whatever....

1)Hazrat Aisha (Aysha) May Allah be pleased with her

In part (1) I am re-posting my own words from RF's another place [wwwDOTreligiousforumsDOTcom/threads/hadiths-which-ones.154302/#post-3505231]

== Arabs did not use calendars, years dates as in these times, they were unlettered. Thus 2 or 3 years error is possible. Modern research tells, female can reach adulthood by 9. Some reports are of age 12. Hot climate is much different than cold one.

== Before Hardwicke's Marriage Act of 1753 there was no lower legal age of marriage, except during the 1650's when it was 16 for men and 14 for women. ...

www.british-genealogy.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1969.html

== English common law, and early American law : In the early 1800's fathers could contract their daughters to marriage as early as age 12 and there was no consent on her part. Boys had to be 14 before they could enter into a marriage contract.

Essays Papers -- History of Marriage Law

== Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) whole life was well known, he would not have done any thing incorrect as it is made to appear these days.

== Hadhrat Aisha (r.a.)’s extremely pious father Hazrat Abu Bakr (r.a.). was the most beloved companion of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.). As a corollary, it is to be noted that it is a plus that pre-presence of genuine respect and affection between bride’s father and bridegroom (in fact parents of bride to bridegroom and parents of bridegroom to bride) strongly helps in latter strong and healthy matrimonial relation; Hazrat Aisha r.a. was the beloved wife of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.); she was very intelligent, she learned from him very much and continued to educate the faithful. Her ever-matchless words about her husband (s.a.w.) still stand at heavens height:
“kana kholokohul Quran”….i.e His [Holy Prophet (s.a.w.)’s] moral were Quran”. These revered words also show, she was fully satisfied with her husband (s.a.w.)

May Allah bless her soul. Aameen

2) Hazrat Safiyyah (may Allah be pleased with her)

QUOTE from wwwDOTalislamDOTorg/library/books/Life-of-Muhammad.pdf

Three interesting incidents took place in this siege of
Khaibar. One of them constitutes a Sign of God and twoafford insight into the high moral character of the
Prophet sa.

A widow of Kinana, a chief of Khaibar, was married
to the Prophet sa. The Prophet sa saw that her face bore some marks, the impression of a hand. "What is this on your face, Safiyyara?" asked the Prophet sa.
"It was like this," replied Safiyyara. "I saw the moon
fall in my lap in a dream. I related the dream to my
husband. No sooner had I related the dream than my
husband gave a heavy slap on my face and said, 'Youdesire to marry the King of Arabia'" (Hisham). The moon was the national emblem of Arabia. The moon in the lap denoted some intimate connection with the King of Arabia. A split moon or a dropping moon meant dissensions in the Arab State or its destruction.

The dream of Safiyya ra is a sign of the truth of the
Holy Prophet sa. It is also a sign of the fact that God
reveals the future to His servants through dreams.
Believers have more of this grace than unbelievers.
Safiyyara was a Jewess when she saw this dream. It sohappened that her husband was killed in the siege of Khaibar. This siege was a punishment for the Jewish breach of faith. Safiyya ra was made a prisoner and, in the distribution of prisoners, was given to a Companion. It was then found that she was the widow of a chief. It was, therefore, felt that it would be more in accord with her rank if she were to live with the Prophet sa. The Prophet sa, however, chose to give her the status of a wife and she agreed. In this way was her dream fulfilled.

3) More: Muhammad the Liberator of Women
by Second Ahmadiyya Muslim Khalifah of Promised Messiah Mahdi
@ wwwDOTalislamDOTorg/library/books/Muhammad-the-liberator-of-women.html

Good wishes.
One suggest that instead of making such threads, please check and help your own religion why people are leaving it to become faith-less.

Not Authentic? The source for her age being under 9 years old comes from your most authentic Hadith. If you reject your Sahih Hadith then fine - but that is you doing so at your own volition - however you do not get to make up the rules of the faith unless this view was to predominate. Thus far it certainly does not and we know that mainstream Islam evidently considers Sahih Hadith as profoundly important in unpacking the doctrine of Islam.

So, your argument, whilst convenient, is simply not good enough and isn't helpful in explaining why we still see such disproportionate child brides within Islam or indeed, why the age of maturity for a girl is considered, by the expositors of Islam, to be the onset of menarche (average global age of 10-11). Could the ongoing rape of underage girls in the Islamic world not be because of the effects of the teachings and examples of Muhammad and what is espoused by its texts and how these have been interpreted by its scholars and Mullahs? Just take a look at how the schools of Islamic jurisprudence view the age of consent for example. We know that Aisha's tender age was never an issue until modern times where Islamic theology can now be put under the microscope like never before from which Moslems now have to defend the in-defensible - and the responses are deeply disappointing. Pleading ignorance to these uncomfortable aspects of Islam or like you, trying to move the goal posts and re-invent the wheel, is simply not acceptable.

Sorry mate but the evidence is stacked against you on this and I for one, would like to see Moslems accept these dodgy aspects of their faith and answer them with logic and reason instead of lies and deception. The verbal gymnastics Moslems continually do to avoid taking on issues such as these are truly Olympian and more than a bit embarrassing.

By the way - do you think Safiyah really gave her consent to marry the man that just killed her Father and Husband?

There is quite similarity of above post at another website, maybe this writer is same there:
wwwDOTreligionforumsDOTorg/Thread-Muhammad-s-Marriages-to-Aisha-and-Safiyah

Whatever....

1)Hazrat Aisha (Aysha) May Allah be pleased with her

In part (1) I am re-posting my own words from RF's another place [wwwDOTreligiousforumsDOTcom/threads/hadiths-which-ones.154302/#post-3505231]

== Arabs did not use calendars, years dates as in these times, they were unlettered. Thus 2 or 3 years error is possible. Modern research tells, female can reach adulthood by 9. Some reports are of age 12. Hot climate is much different than cold one.

== Before Hardwicke's Marriage Act of 1753 there was no lower legal age of marriage, except during the 1650's when it was 16 for men and 14 for women. ...

www.british-genealogy.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1969.html

== English common law, and early American law : In the early 1800's fathers could contract their daughters to marriage as early as age 12 and there was no consent on her part. Boys had to be 14 before they could enter into a marriage contract.

Essays Papers -- History of Marriage Law

== Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) whole life was well known, he would not have done any thing incorrect as it is made to appear these days.

== Hadhrat Aisha (r.a.)’s extremely pious father Hazrat Abu Bakr (r.a.). was the most beloved companion of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.). As a corollary, it is to be noted that it is a plus that pre-presence of genuine respect and affection between bride’s father and bridegroom (in fact parents of bride to bridegroom and parents of bridegroom to bride) strongly helps in latter strong and healthy matrimonial relation; Hazrat Aisha r.a. was the beloved wife of Holy Prophet (s.a.w.); she was very intelligent, she learned from him very much and continued to educate the faithful. Her ever-matchless words about her husband (s.a.w.) still stand at heavens height:
“kana kholokohul Quran”….i.e His [Holy Prophet (s.a.w.)’s] moral were Quran”. These revered words also show, she was fully satisfied with her husband (s.a.w.)

May Allah bless her soul. Aameen

2) Hazrat Safiyyah (may Allah be pleased with her)

QUOTE from wwwDOTalislamDOTorg/library/books/Life-of-Muhammad.pdf

Three interesting incidents took place in this siege of
Khaibar. One of them constitutes a Sign of God and twoafford insight into the high moral character of the
Prophet sa.

A widow of Kinana, a chief of Khaibar, was married
to the Prophet sa. The Prophet sa saw that her face bore some marks, the impression of a hand. "What is this on your face, Safiyyara?" asked the Prophet sa.
"It was like this," replied Safiyyara. "I saw the moon
fall in my lap in a dream. I related the dream to my
husband. No sooner had I related the dream than my
husband gave a heavy slap on my face and said, 'Youdesire to marry the King of Arabia'" (Hisham). The moon was the national emblem of Arabia. The moon in the lap denoted some intimate connection with the King of Arabia. A split moon or a dropping moon meant dissensions in the Arab State or its destruction.

The dream of Safiyya ra is a sign of the truth of the
Holy Prophet sa. It is also a sign of the fact that God
reveals the future to His servants through dreams.
Believers have more of this grace than unbelievers.
Safiyyara was a Jewess when she saw this dream. It sohappened that her husband was killed in the siege of Khaibar. This siege was a punishment for the Jewish breach of faith. Safiyya ra was made a prisoner and, in the distribution of prisoners, was given to a Companion. It was then found that she was the widow of a chief. It was, therefore, felt that it would be more in accord with her rank if she were to live with the Prophet sa. The Prophet sa, however, chose to give her the status of a wife and she agreed. In this way was her dream fulfilled.

3) More: Muhammad the Liberator of Women
by Second Ahmadiyya Muslim Khalifah of Promised Messiah Mahdi
@ wwwDOTalislamDOTorg/library/books/Muhammad-the-liberator-of-women.html

Good wishes.
One suggest that instead of making such threads, please check and help your own religion why people are leaving it to become faith-less.

Indeed, I am the original author of the post - I have reposted it here because this is simply a better forum for which I can debate this important subject. I see nothing wrong with reposting my own material - do you?

To be honest - your rebuttal is muddled, wishy washy and more than a bit long and curly - short and straight ideas from your own mind would have been much better. Regardless, you make no points what so ever - for example, you argue that man made laws had no lower age limit of marriage until after 1753. Here, you are discussing man made laws and the evolution of humans however I have clearly stated that comparing the actions of man to those of God's and prophets is nonsensical. Your god specifically selected a 6 year old girl to be the bride of Muhammad and allowed him to have sex with her before she was 9. This means your God would do exactly the same thing in 2014 for God's morality is fixed and eternal. He does not make exceptions and he does not change his mind about what is or isn't acceptable. Thus - because mankind now deems sex with 9 year olds to be wrong how can our morality be above that of God? Unless it isn't and sex with children is ok. My view is it isn't - what is yours? If you agree with me then please display some humanity and join me in condemning your prophet and your god. If you don't then I take it you have no issue with underage sex/marriage.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Indeed, I am the original author of the post - I have reposted it here because this is simply a better forum for which I can debate this important subject. I see nothing wrong with reposting my own material - do you?

To be honest - your rebuttal is muddled, wishy washy and more than a bit long and curly - short and straight ideas from your own mind would have been much better. Regardless, you make no points what so ever - for example, you argue that man made laws had no lower age limit of marriage until after 1753. Here, you are discussing man made laws and the evolution of humans however I have clearly stated that comparing the actions of man to those of God's and prophets is nonsensical. Your god specifically selected a 6 year old girl to be the bride of Muhammad and allowed him to have sex with her before she was 9. This means your God would do exactly the same thing in 2014 for God's morality is fixed and eternal. He does not make exceptions and he does not change his mind about what is or isn't acceptable. Thus - because mankind now deems sex with 9 year olds to be wrong how can our morality be above that of God? Unless it isn't and sex with children is ok. My view is it isn't - what is yours? If you agree with me then please display some humanity and join me in condemning your prophet and your god. If you don't then I take it you have no issue with underage sex/marriage.

Peace on all.
Part 1) is totally my own finding.

1- Six year thing is wrong. You keep building sand-castle on it, what should I say Please? People back then did not keep records in strict sense.

2- Human become adult much sooner in very hot climate.

3- Europe and US found suitable lower ages for marriage till not too far in past.

4- Hazrat Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him), father of Hazrat Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) and no one in family objected.

5- Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah the Exalted on him) married firstly when he was 25 and his wife Hazrat Khadija (may Allah be pleased with her) was 40 thus by Hazrat Aisha (r.a.) was other side of spectrum. Lesson was that in good marriages age does not matter.

6- Historical Data on Age at Menarche

Early data

Ancient Rome 12-14

Medieval Europe 12-14

Medieval Middle East 12-13

Nineteenth Century

Manchester 1840s

working class women 15.7

upper class women 14.6

London 1855 (hospital patients) 15.5

Germany 1869 15.7

Scotland 1870 15.6-16.6

London 1880 (middle class) 15

U.S.A. late 19th century 12-14

Early 20th Century

USA 1905 14-15.7

Source: Average age of menarche in history, at MUM

7- List of youngest birth mothers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thus keeping the era and all factors in mind, there is really no case. It was not a child - marriage.

Last edited:
Peace on all.
Part 1) is totally my own finding.

1- Six year thing is wrong. You keep building sand-castle on it, what should I say Please? People back then did not keep records in strict sense.

2- Human become adult much sooner in very hot climate.

3- Europe and US found suitable lower ages for marriage till not too far in past.

4- Hazrat Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him), father of Hazrat Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) and no one in family objected.

5- Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah the Exalted on him) married firstly when he was 25 and his wife Hazrat Khadija (may Allah be pleased with her) was 40 thus by Hazrat Aisha (r.a.) was other side of spectrum. Lesson was that in good marriages age does not matter.

6- Historical Data on Age at Menarche

Early data

Ancient Rome 12-14

Medieval Europe 12-14

Medieval Middle East 12-13

Nineteenth Century

Manchester 1840s

working class women 15.7

upper class women 14.6

London 1855 (hospital patients) 15.5

Germany 1869 15.7

Scotland 1870 15.6-16.6

London 1880 (middle class) 15

U.S.A. late 19th century 12-14

Early 20th Century

USA 1905 14-15.7

Source: Average age of menarche in history, at MUM

7- List of youngest birth mothers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thus keeping the era and all factors in mind, there is really no case. It was not a child - marriage.

1. The six year thing is wrong? Erm - that is what your Sahih Hadith says pal - so don't dare suggest I am wrong or am making anything up. I am using Islam's best sources here my friend.

2.Humans become adult much sooner in hot climate? What ancient backard babble is this? To say such a thing and believe it shows how archiac and backward the faith of Islam is and how in the dark the followers of the religion of 'peace' are being kept. Honestly - in 2014, it is utterly astounding that any human being can believe such rubbish.

3. Europe had no suitable lower age for marriage until recently? Again - you are comparing the evolution of Humans with God's own morality. A stupid thing to do - but clearly you are not getting it. What humans deem to be a satisfactory age to have sex with a girl in centuries past simply cannot be compared to the age God believes is certifiable. I really don't know why you cannot seem to understand this. If god says sex with a 8 year old is ok in 630AD then he would say it is ok in 2014. Your God not only allowed this, he sanctioned it - how does this astonishing fact not compute????

4. You say that Aishas father had no problem with the marriage? How the hell is that proof of anything? I was in Egypt not so long ago and a father offered me his young boy for sex. I declined - but in your warped world, if I had accepted the offer then me having sex with this young boy would be ok - because the father sanctioned it. Well - let me tell you - I turned down the offer and even if I had accepted it would have been bloody well wrong of me to have done so. Where on Earth are coming from with these puerile arguments?

5. So, now you are comparing the marriage of a 25 year old male and a 45 year old woman to the marriage of a 51 year old man to a 6 year old girl? Well done - you show how disturbing Islam is the more you try to show how wonderful it is.

6. Your data is wrong - however, using your own data - did you see something odd? Mediaeval Middle East has an average menarche of ...........12-13. Guess how old Aisha was ..........8 years 10 months.......which means she was ............a child..........

So, whatever way you try and spin it, sorry but a 6 year old girl getting married is a child bride.....and a 8 year 9 month old having sex is.........paedophilia......

I do respect that you are the only Moslem fighting your corner but as I said before - I would respect you much more if you accept the anomaly with these texts and deal with it instead of making stupid excuses that make an utter mockery of this very serious of debates. Little girls are being raped and married of at a disproportionate rate within Moslem majority countries and it is all because of Islam. Please play your role and try and stop this.

How can you try and make excuses for it and sleep at night? Have you no decency?????

How do you agree with him???

Please explain exactly how the marriage of a 6 year old, and its consummation at the age of 8 years 9 months, can be agreed with.?? Soft peddle all you want but I fail to see how you can legitimise such illegitimacy. But please - go right ahead and support your disturbing moral position. I bet you don't. Because you can't - and the link you posted hints why. Disgusting.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
How do you agree with him???

Please explain exactly how the marriage of a 6 year old, and its consummation at the age of 8 years 9 months, can be agreed with.??Soft peddle all you want but I fail to see how you can legitimise such illegitimacy. But please - go right ahead and support your disturbing moral position.

I said I agree with him on the fact that Aisha was probably 15 years old.

But lots of Muslims think she was six. That's why there are lots of marriages between adults and little girls in the Middle East, some of which end up turning into tragedies.
I posted that article proving it.

But lots of Muslims think she was six. That's why there are lots of marriages between adults and little girls in the Middle East, some of which end up turning into tragedies.

Well no, you didn't say you agree with him with regards to Aisha being 15 - just re-read your post to certify that fact.

But ok - you think Aisha was 15 - where is your evidence for his? I remind you that Islams best texts have her as 6 and then just under 9 at consummation. This is water tight. So the age of 15 is just pure conjecture. I wish you are right, but if we look at things honestly - how has this age of 15 played out? Exactly, the age of menarche is the gold standard and this is why mainstream Islam in 2014 see child brides as ok.

Just look at shariah law for God's sake.!

Your misguided liberalism is as much of a problem as the belief of Moslems themselves - because you refuse to believe what your eyes can clearly see. Have you actually even glanced at the child bride rates within these lands? Do you even care??? Obviously not.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
. Have you actually even glanced at the child bride rates within these lands? Do you even care??? Obviously not.

I care about my country. Muslims in my country cannot marry young girls before they turn 18
as for other countries...I can't help it. People have free will

Well no, you didn't say you agree with him with regards to Aisha being 15 - just re-read your post to certify that fact.

But ok - you think Aisha was 15 - where is your evidence for his? I remind you that Islams best texts have her as 6 and then just under 9 at consummation. This is water tight. So the age of 15 is just pure conjecture. I wish you are right, but if we look at things honestly - how has this age of 15 played out? Exactly, the age of menarche is the gold standard and this is why mainstream Islam in 2014 see child brides as ok.

Just look at shariah law for God's sake.!

Your misguided liberalism is as much of a problem as the belief of Moslems themselves - because you refuse to believe what your eyes can clearly see. Have you actually even glanced at the child bride rates within these lands? Do you even care??? Obviously not.
I care about my country. Muslims in my country cannot marry young girls before they turn 18

What??? This makes no sense at all. What the hell are you arguing about?? You are in Italy right - so why the hell are comparing your Italian Non Islamic standards with that of the Islamic world??? Why are you even trying to debate this pal??? You have no idea what you are saying so stay out of this because you are confusing a very important debate that Moslems themselves must answer. Who cares what Italy's age of consent is. It has nothing to do with the topivc at hand.

As for your evidence of why Aisha was 15 - well, you didn't give any did you. Oh - but you agree that she was 15 anyway? Why? Because it makes you feel better??? You liberal. How the hell can Aisha be 15 when Sahih Bukari says she was 6?????????